Starting XI v Swindon Town? | Vital Football

Starting XI v Swindon Town?

I'd like to see Johnson down the middle, with Scully having a deserved start on the left in place of Grant, who starts inside instead of McGrandles.

Big pitch at Swindon, so lets utilise it by stretching them.

------------------Palmer-------------------
Eyoma---Montsma---Jackson---Roughan
-----Jones--------Grant----McGrandles---
--Anderson------Hopper-------Johnson--

The option to use up to 5 subs gives MA scope to use the starting and finishing line-ups in a much more tactical manner. Away from home, I can't see starting out being too gung-ho, holding the defensive line, looking to win midfield and work the defence in the first half before looking for more space in which to unleash some of our pacier and more creative players. That means the likes of Bridcutt, McGrandles and Hopper are important starters and Scully's combination of pace, physicality and bloody-mindedness would be useful attributes. Left back is proving a bit of a problem with none of the options being totally covincing with different strengths and weaknesses. So :-

Palmer
Eyoma, Montsma, Jackson, Edun
Jones, Bridcutt, McGrandles
Anderson, Hopper, Scully

Johnson and Grant to come on 46-60 minutes to seal the win.

This will be all wrong of course!

The option to use up to 5 subs gives MA scope to use the starting and finishing line-ups in a much more tactical manner. Away from home, I can't see starting out being too gung-ho, holding the defensive line, looking to win midfield and work the defence in the first half before looking for more space in which to unleash some of our pacier and more creative players. That means the likes of Bridcutt, McGrandles and Hopper are important starters and Scully's combination of pace, physicality and bloody-mindedness would be useful attributes. Left back is proving a bit of a problem with none of the options being totally covincing with different strengths and weaknesses. So :-

Palmer
Eyoma, Montsma, Jackson, Edun
Jones, Bridcutt, McGrandles
Anderson, Hopper, Scully

Johnson and Grant to come on 46-60 minutes to seal the win.

This will be all wrong of course!

That's a good argument and one I don't disagree with bar the fact Jorge is probably one of, if not the first name on the teamsheet due to his consistency and creativity.

I'd go for a tweak an put Johnson through the middle behind Hopper. Tempted to give TJ a rest as well as he looked a little jaded on Saturday.

Palmer
Anderson Montsma Jackson Roughan
Bridcutt McGrandles
Scully Johnson Grant
Hopper

Subs Long Melbourne Gotts Jones Archibald Edun Eyoma

Palmer;
Eyoma, Montsma, Jacskon, Roughan;
McGrandles, Bridcutt, Grant;
Scully, Johnson, Archibald.

I love Harry but give him the night off, rest up, and rip Plymouth apart at the weekend.

That's a good argument and one I don't disagree with bar the fact Jorge is probably one of, if not the first name on the teamsheet due to his consistency and creativity.
Agreed - and my suggested line-up gives him (and Johnson) half a game to present a different challenge to a tiring Swindon.