Starting XI v Mansfield Town? | Vital Football

Starting XI v Mansfield Town?

Not sure on injuries but would go. Ross. Bradley. Eyoma. Melbourne. Edun. Anderson. Jones. Mcgrandles. Scully. Archibald. Elbouzedi.
Walsh for Eyoma if fit.

We have the following players available:

Goalkeepers: Palmer, Ross, Long

Defenders: Montsma, Roughan, Melbourne, Jackson, Walsh, Eyoma
Although Melbourne and Walsh have (had) injury concerns

Central Midfielders: Jones, Edun, Bridcutt, Grant, Bradley, McGrandles
Bradley could be used at right-back again, and Edun at left-back

Wingers: Anderson, Archibald, Howarth, Elbouzedi

Strikers: Hopper, Scully, Adebayo-Smith

Bit of a dilemma as a win on Tuesday puts us through and we can play the babies against City's youth team of Spanish and French born players.....

So I think I'd go quite strong......but resting Jackson who seemingly struggles to do 2 a week at the moment and Bridcutt just so we don't wear him out while he's getting back to full fitness

Palmer
Bradley Eyoma Montsma Roughan
Edun McGrandless Jones
Scully Hopper Anderson

subs Ross Howarth Archibald Sault Grant JAS Cann

MA does take this competition seriously, and will want to qualify. On the other hand, he will not fancy a heavy defeat to Man City U21 in the final game either - they look quite useful too.

Mansfield may decide not to pursue it, though. They have started poorly, with manager Coughlan under pressure. So perhaps a weaker team against Mansfield, with a stronger line-up against MCU21 if required?

I think we should go as strong as we sensibly can...

After all taking a look at the League tables at the moment...

We should be first seeds and competition favourites!

Would give Ross a start, didn't do anything wrong pre-season and Palmer's now had a run of games to get to know the defence.
Edun, Scully, Zack, Howarth, Roughan, Archibald, Bradley all to get game time. Melbourne if fit as well. Eyoma seems to be able to play any amount of games so perhaps he would play centre-half again. Then possibly half a game for Jones / McGrandles Anderson / Grant.
Don't know what formation that lines up as mind !

Ross
Bradley, Eyoma Walsh Melbourne
McGrandles Edun Howarth
Elbouzedi Scully Archibald

All subject to fitness of course. I would switch Jones for McGrandles at half time or play them the other way round, I don't think it really makes a huge difference.
Also I'm not sure what the rules are about proportion of players from games played previously that have to appear or whether injuries and international call ups affect that.

Ross
Bradley Eyoma Montsma Melbourne
McGrandles Edun Jones
Archibald Scully Howarth

Roughan, Grant and Elbouzedi to come on to take some of the load.

I think we will go quite strong. As someone else has said we qualify with a win and important to keep the momentum going.

Can see Bradley Harry and Scully all starting. With £10k up for grabs it’s an important match to win. Might even get a bit of I follow cash if enough of us subscribe.

I'd be inclined to make a fair few changes given the games we've got coming up.

Eyoma can probably get away with playing now Lewis is back (until Wales injure him again, I suppose...). Need to look after Jackson, Bridcutt and Hopper.

Ross
TJ, Montsma, Walsh, Melbourne
Edun, McGrandles, Bradley
Anderson, Scully, Archibald

Ross
Bradley, TJ, Walsh, Melbourne (hopefully both fit)
Edun
McGrandles (Jones at HT), Howarth
Elbouzedi, Scully, Archibald

Still strong and quick enough to take care of Mansfield.

I'd be inclined to make a fair few changes given the games we've got coming up.

Eyoma can probably get away with playing now Lewis is back (until Wales injure him again, I suppose...). Need to look after Jackson, Bridcutt and Hopper.

Ross
TJ, Montsma, Walsh, Melbourne
Edun, McGrandles, Bradley
Anderson, Scully, Archibald
I'd get Elbouzedi in there somewhere, I thought he was away on international duty for Tuesday.

This game will give us a reasonable clue as to how strong the squad Is. I would imagine the Slags will make changes from their normal league XI too. I would play everyone that needs minutes like Howarth, Zac, Archibald, Walsh, Scully etc if we can.