Starting XI for Villa | Vital Football

Starting XI for Villa

LOI TV

Vital Newbie
What’s everyone thinking with the new signings? Personally I think,

Walton

James dunks Kipre Robinson

Evans(think Gibson picked up a knock) Morsy

Massey Powell Jacobs (McManaman and Windass to make impact from bench.

Garner (would play him as he’s a hard worker and could suit this game better where we won’t have as much possession and can hold ball up and bring the 3 lads behind him into the game)

Garner has said himself he's not had much of a pre season and isn't at the best fitness level he could be so I don't think he'll play.

It’ll be the same team bar Evans for Gibson if the latter has picked up a knock. Windass and McManaman to come off the bench. Not a bad couple of options to have if we can stay in the game.

You’d have to hazard a guess at Grigg then considering we’ve gone to some length to bring in two strikers yesterday. Would feel bad for him if it is, Villa away would have been the first game he’d have looked for on the fixture list. If he is one of them, I’d hope we’d let Windass loose with a point to prove but unfortunately Cooky will probably play safe and go with the hard working but toothless Vaughan.

I'd be surprised if Cook plays Windass regulary as a number 9. No matter what Steven Gerrard thinks.
I think he'll play in the 3 behind Grigg or as an advanced midfielder in a formation change.

Would be surprised if Windass gets many starts at all unless theres an injury crisis. He is pretty inexperienced really.

If he set off with last weeks starting XI, it would make sense. If he gives a start to a new lad, there'll (presumably) be a reason for it. Not everyone will make the bench either.

We've got a good squad, with lots of options.... especially in the attacking dept.

Really looking forward to this game.
UTFT

Think it's fair to say the front 4 will stay the same as it worked well last game, maybe vaugan in for Grigg as it's an away game and having a big lad up top might be what we need in a fixture like this.
Other than that Evans on for Gibson if he did pick up a knock, same back four as it would be good to get them into a consistent partnership.

Gibson out Connolly in Massey out and McManaman in. Both injured apparently which is a shame but it is nice to have such depth in those areas.