Starting XI for Rotherham | Page 4 | Vital Football

Starting XI for Rotherham

In reply to kings post on Lopes. I Wonder if Cook thinks he can get him to play like Byrne, so it's a like for like swap if injuries or dropping form needs a switch.

A lot of our success last year was built on Byrne bombing forward, Lopes potentially can do that. We have a season to develop that side of his game while we have James from Chelsea for cover

Well its over and done with now and PC himself said it was good to get time in for the lads. Really strange though to treat a competitive match like a pre-season friendly all the same when in pre season we couldnt even give game time to our own players and only played three times publicly.
Suppose thats football nowadays. The field these days seems like a stage to show off the tatoos and latest hair styles.

And you showed the club you claim to support disrespect by not going to any matches whilst tapping away on your keyboard in derision of the club!!

Banned until the end of the month, if this continues it will become permanent. I keep asking people to stop being antagonistic to other posters. We've been through all this before, not all fans can get to games, that is their business, no one else's.

My, that seems harsh. I completely accept that exiled's post is (in part at least) aimed at the poster, but in the wider scheme of "insulting posts", this is surely in the very tamest category.

You're the boss, but be careful....... there'll be no posters left.

Edit - I do agree though with the point re the attendance of posters.

My, that seems harsh. I completely accept that exiled's post is (in part at least) aimed at the poster, but in the wider scheme of "insulting posts", this is surely in the very tamest category.

Agree - seems very harsh.

I thought we played alright really. Could have easily scored a couple more. We just lost. I wouldn't worry about it.

Didn't go as we changed our minds at the last minute. It is isn't strictly fair commenting on highlights.

The scrappy first goal looks awful (a bit like the Sheffield Wednesday 1st goal). Actually, it looks quite comical when looking at three players.
Kal Naismith - reminded me of my son when he was 8 avoiding heading the ball.
Big Cedric ... looking like he is dipping his toe into the bath.
Jay Lopez unfortunately slipping on his rs (just like Reece Wabara frequently did).

Have to say that I hope big Cedric is not as raw 10 games in. Got caught a few times at Villa and despite his size does not appear to dominate in the air.
We move on .... with better defending.

Will

Happy to lift then, you know I respect your opinion. One of the alerts also very nicely said thanks for reacting but harsh.

I'm just trying my best to keep everyone happy. Not easy.

Still think you'd be the bestest moderator in the world ever !

Will lift the ban... as said, it's not personal with me, but if people are getting harassed or shouted down and I see alerts, there isn't much more I can do than act on them. I do also dismiss some.

John, I think the point exiled was making is that we signed Cole last season. If he returned from the summer break having not fully looked after himself, then he did himself no favours........... but this wasn't something that could be foreseen when we signed him.

Last season, he was on the bench most games, and came on as sub a few times........so even though not first choice, he was "in the manager's plans".

I'm not really sure of the point you're trying to make.