Starting 11 vs Wednesday | Page 2 | Vital Football

Starting 11 vs Wednesday

We've played behind closed doors friendlies as well. So the players Cook wants to see have all featured.

There have been other games, behind closed doors.
A good idea to take players on trial so we can look at them over a period rather than historical views, look how they fit into our system.
My take on the 2 going is that they possibly could not agree terms, hence Cooke seemingly a bit miffed. maybe he was miffed at the players rather than the club.
All speculation of course, as are most other points of view, as we know nothing about what goes on behind the scenes and people are very quick to jump to conclusions.
On the face of it we look very thin on the ground defensively but we are told the club are working on that, so lets see what happens.

This match is nowhere near our most difficult of the season and is definitely one where we should be expecting maximum points. Wednesday finished bottom half last season and should be there for the taking. Key is keeping the league momentum going and resisting any change to the side barring any through injury. If we are to do anything this season we have to be taking all three points from these clubs and why shouldn't we?

Burn and byrne absent tomorrow and still no sign of a left back. Not the most ideal start to the season. I'd take a point right now.

Dan Burn has been ruled out of Saturday's opener against the Owls following a knock picked up at Ibrox last weekend.

Massey is not injured he was only sick against rangers. Be weird to describe dan burns injury as a knock if it was very serious no? I suppose Byrne should be back soon only said it was minor so let’s hope that’s the case.

Massey is not injured he was only sick against rangers. Be weird to describe dan burns injury as a knock if it was very serious no? I suppose Byrne should be back soon only said it was minor so let’s hope that’s the case.

Maybe I should of worded it as out for saturday instead but you get the point of it

Ok will not call him the drunk driver anymore. Does anybody think the three trialists whose clubs didnt want them should have been involved in our pre-season games and gaining valuable match time ahead of our own players when we had only arranged three matches.

Most managers use pre season friendlies to have a look at how players fare in a more competitive match. Just watching them in training can give a false impression. He already knows what most of the squad are capable of as they were here last season so it is logical to play the trialists and new signings in the games that were arranged and to run the rule over the rest of the squad in the closed door friendlies. Does that answer your question Jeff.