Starting 11 vs Wednesday | Vital Football

Starting 11 vs Wednesday

V

Victor Moses ;)

The line-up you would like to see or the line-up you think Cook will choose.

I'd like to see;

Walton
Byrne-Dunkley-Burn-Unknown(James if we don't sign a LB)
Da Silva-Morsy
Walker-Mcmanaman-Colclough
Powell

What i think Cook will choose;

Walton
Byrne-Dunkley-Burn-Naismith
Power-Morsy
Massey-Powell-Jacobs
Grigg

Walton

Byrne (get praying)
Burn (get praying)
Dunks
New LB (James?)

Morsy
Power

Powell
McMannaman
Walker

Grigg

God help us if both Burn and Byrne out and a new left back not signed.

Walton
Byrne Burn Dunkley ???
Power Morsy
Jacobs Powell Massey
Grigg
Subs Jones Bruce McManaman Vaughn Colclough Cole

Assuming Burn, Byrne and Massey are all injured this is what I expect we’ll see.

Walton
James
Bruce/New CB
Dunkley
New LB
Power
Morsy
Jacobs
Powell
Walker/McManaman
Grigg

Should Massey be fit he’ll probably start over Walker/McManaman and should Burn and/or Byrne be fit then obviously they’ll start in their natural positions. We’ve got until Friday to sign a LB.

Assuming Dan Burn and Nathan Byrne are injured which seems likely.
Walton
James, Dunkley, Pennington, New LB
Morsy, Gibson
McManaman, Powell, Walker
Grigg

It will be a big to see the fitness report this week we need to get either byrne or burn back. Also can James play CB I thought I remembered seeing that.

Is McDonald fit now? We should have definitely been giving Shaun some match time in preference to the drunk driver and other trialists. The lack of match time this pre-season just seems so strange. Three games doesn't seem enough for the squad and game time taken up by trialists their own clubs didn't want.
Presuming Colclough and Cole have been frozen out like Power last season.

Our manager didn't deem him good enough to get in our League 1 side last season so based on that the step up to The Championship could be a step too high.
There's a pecking order and Paul Cook has him down it. Cookies right surely. Look at last season.

And our manager hasn't picked Cole or Colclough all summer and didn't take them to Spain but you have both of them on the bench.

Is McDonald fit now? We should have definitely been giving Shaun some match time in preference to the drunk driver and other trialists. The lack of match time this pre-season just seems so strange. Three games doesn't seem enough for the squad and game time taken up by trialists their own clubs didn't want.
Presuming Colclough and Cole have been frozen out like Power last season.

Can we stop referring to Gibson as the drunk driver,strange you never refer to Powell as that! Childish and lacking class to keep referring to him in that way!!

It's all a bit reminiscent of our promotion season under Caldwell. We seem very ill-prepared at present. Let's hope it has a happier outcome this time.

Ok will not call him the drunk driver anymore. Does anybody think the three trialists whose clubs didnt want them should have been involved in our pre-season games and gaining valuable match time ahead of our own players when we had only arranged three matches.