Standing - Sit Down! | Page 13 | Vital Football

Standing - Sit Down!

Do u know what topped off today. The lad behind me (not the usual person who sits there) spat on my seat when we were stood up second half !!!. Clearly he was trying to do it on the floor in front of him but I noticed out the corner of my eye looked down and saw it on my seat. He wasnt going to say anything the cock . When I said to him that he had just gobbed on my seat the twat then tried to flick it off with his hand which was towards me so I gave a him a tissue and made him wipe my seat!.
Can you fcuking believe it !!!!!.

Today is one to forget .

I had plenty of time to observe seating /standing habits today as there wasnt much going on on the pitch. Was very surprised, not being in my usual part of the ground, to be able to see the lower Holte where virtually everyone was standing.

I had plenty of time to observe seating /standing habits today as there wasnt much going on on the pitch. Was very surprised, not being in my usual part of the ground, to be able to see the lower Holte where virtually everyone was standing.

Yep it was today . First time that I have noticed it properly by me.
Basically caused by one person who was standing when no one infront of him was standing causing a domino effect around of people stood up .

Told a few of the people around me yesterday that it was my last game there. The guy who sits in front of me with his son was a bit surprised, but got talking to me in more detail about how it's been difficult for him too because he suffers from chronic back pain. He said after the Newcastle game he could barely do any work the next day. I couldn't quite hear everything he said but I'm pretty sure he's a builder.

Just a gentle reminder. Just because someone doesn't 'look' like there's anything wrong with them, it doesn't mean there isn't. Just because someone looks like they are happy to stand just because they're going along with it, it doesn't mean they're happy with it. You know what some people are like these days, there are those who react negatively, or even violently, when asked to do anything, or think about anybody but themselves. I don't think anyone who posts here would be like that, but it's got me thinking. I don't know what everyone's matchday habits are, but I bet if you tried speaking to somebody you don't usually, you might be surprised at some of the conversations this issue brings up.

Personally, I've come round to the view that people need to start being fined. Is it drastic? Yes. But is it fair? Absolutely. You wouldn't expect to get away with breaking the rules in any other area of life. All-seater stadiums aren't a new adjustment, and the fastest way to get through to people is by hitting them in the pocket. I noticed on TV yesterday that most of the first 2 or 3 rows still sit - and with TV cameras, CCTV and everyone having customer numbers these days, people are easily identifiable. If they refuse to pay, or persist in standing, stop them from coming in, just for 1 or 2 games at first, to see if they get the message. I don't see how else this can be resolved without also dragging in people who don't actually want to stand, especially if it comes to actions like temporarily closing sections or reducing allocations.

Told a few of the people around me yesterday that it was my last game there. The guy who sits in front of me with his son was a bit surprised, but got talking to me in more detail about how it's been difficult for him too because he suffers from chronic back pain. He said after the Newcastle game he could barely do any work the next day. I couldn't quite hear everything he said but I'm pretty sure he's a builder.

Just a gentle reminder. Just because someone doesn't 'look' like there's anything wrong with them, it doesn't mean there isn't. Just because someone looks like they are happy to stand just because they're going along with it, it doesn't mean they're happy with it. You know what some people are like these days, there are those who react negatively, or even violently, when asked to do anything, or think about anybody but themselves. I don't think anyone who posts here would be like that, but it's got me thinking. I don't know what everyone's matchday habits are, but I bet if you tried speaking to somebody you don't usually, you might be surprised at some of the conversations this issue brings up.

Personally, I've come round to the view that people need to start being fined. Is it drastic? Yes. But is it fair? Absolutely. You wouldn't expect to get away with breaking the rules in any other area of life. All-seater stadiums aren't a new adjustment, and the fastest way to get through to people is by hitting them in the pocket. I noticed on TV yesterday that most of the first 2 or 3 rows still sit - and with TV cameras, CCTV and everyone having customer numbers these days, people are easily identifiable. If they refuse to pay, or persist in standing, stop them from coming in, just for 1 or 2 games at first, to see if they get the message. I don't see how else this can be resolved without also dragging in people who don't actually want to stand, especially if it comes to actions like temporarily closing sections or reducing allocations.
Well hopefully with Mikes post previously and the recognision and admission by the authorities that there is a demand for standing right across Europe the above measures will not be needed.

Well hopefully with Mikes post previously and the recognision and admission by the authorities that there is a demand for standing right across Europe the above measures will not be needed.

Unfortunately witton I think the likelihood of the club being punished is going to come far, far sooner than the introduction of safe standing areas in this country.

Based on what Fear has said previously about the authorities looking into us, I wouldn't be surprised if something happened this season, or in the summer. I could see a situation where my block just doesn't sit down for the rest of the season. They haven't from August up to now, so why would they from now until May? And as said previously, it's not just my block. There's no way the FA will allow us to get away with that kind of persistent rule breaking IMO. Not only are fans breaking the terms and conditions of ticket sales, the club also have the health and safety aspect to think about. God forbid something happened, the club, and maybe even individuals who work there, would become personally liable for damages.

And that's why the fines need to come in IMO. Start with the people who are causing the domino effect and then work backwards once the guilty parties start abiding by the rules again or lose their seat.

I do have a sneaking suspicion that if the worst was to happen and we got relegated behaviour would revert back, considering there was no problem last season, but that's another debate. Although, now that people are being allowed to get away with it why would it stop? So I don't think there's any guarantees about that either. I certainly can't see myself returning to a stand behind the goal for a good while after my experiences this season.

Unfortunately witton I think the likelihood of the club being punished is going to come far, far sooner than the introduction of safe standing areas in this country.

Based on what Fear has said previously about the authorities looking into us, I wouldn't be surprised if something happened this season, or in the summer. I could see a situation where my block just doesn't sit down for the rest of the season. They haven't from August up to now, so why would they from now until May? And as said previously, it's not just my block. There's no way the FA will allow us to get away with that kind of persistent rule breaking IMO. Not only are fans breaking the terms and conditions of ticket sales, the club also have the health and safety aspect to think about. God forbid something happened, the club, and maybe even individuals who work there, would become personally liable for damages.

And that's why the fines need to come in IMO. Start with the people who are causing the domino effect and then work backwards once the guilty parties start abiding by the rules again or lose their seat.

I do have a sneaking suspicion that if the worst was to happen and we got relegated behaviour would revert back, considering there was no problem last season, but that's another debate. Although, now that people are being allowed to get away with it why would it stop? So I don't think there's any guarantees about that either. I certainly can't see myself returning to a stand behind the goal for a good while after my experiences this season.
I was in A2 Sunday and no standing by me, but it was further behind me.
As I stated in the match thread normally I cant see Holte Lower but Sunday it appeard that the whole of the stand was standing.
I was only too glad to sit down Sunday if I am honest because I was so pissed off with what I was watching.

I keep hearing Sunday's atmosphere was flat? Yet all of the Lower Holte stood? I thought we generated an atmosphere because people weren't sitting?

Just a devils advocate approach for you all there.

I keep hearing Sunday's atmosphere was flat? Yet all of the Lower Holte stood? I thought we generated an atmosphere because people weren't sitting?

Just a devils advocate approach for you all there.

Good football gets the crowd going not people standing up, I was just wondering if those who don't go to any games and watch on TV stand up and watch the TV?

These days I could not stand during the game, as my health issues are not visible to the eye. I sit in the upper Trinity where I am near the front & have not seen anyone standing throughout the game. If I wished to go to the Holte or Wilton ends to watch then I obviously couldn’t due to others in front standing, the Wembley game against man United I was near the corner flag about 7 rows back & once Kick off came then all were forced to stand because of the front offenders, I had a young boy immediately behind me who could not see once I stood which made me feel ill at ease
so the sooner this problem is sorted where people who sit can & areas of safe standing are made for those then the better. I think it will take the club
to act especially as we are being watched on this safety issue. Here is hoping that the stand up supporters realise what inconvenience they are causing to others.

There is a waiting list for season tickets now, so I guess that's good, if people won't do as they are told, they can just get shot and bring the new fans in.

I don't mean shot as in :guns: btw... :Fingers:

There is a waiting list for season tickets now, so I guess that's good, if people won't do as they are told, they can just get shot and bring the new fans in.

I don't mean shot as in :guns: btw... :Fingers:
Be very interested to see if the waiting list dissapears if we are relagated.

Premier League and Championship clubs have been asked for expressions of interest to pilot safe standing areas this season.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58648153

Having updated the oddments of news in Other Clubs Discussions - probably the right time to bump this one.

Be interesting to see what Liverpool say, no doubt they'll block it and condemn us all.

Personally, I think its a load of shite from them kind of like saying airbags from 20 years ago were dangerous so we shouldnt use them now because they're still dangerous. Never mind 20 years of research and development and a proven track record of safety. Let's just go with your terrible and tragic experience from a time when things were much worse than they are now.

Be interesting to see what Liverpool say, no doubt they'll block it and condemn us all.

Personally, I think its a load of shite from them kind of like saying airbags from 20 years ago were dangerous so we shouldnt use them now because they're still dangerous. Never mind 20 years of research and development and a proven track record of safety. Let's just go with your terrible and tragic experience from a time when things were much worse than they are now.

Spirit of Shankly and other Liverpool fan groups have been right on board for as long as I've covered this for vital mate. They've campaigned and backed the FSA 150% here on getting a change through.