Standing - Sit Down! | Page 14 | Vital Football

Standing - Sit Down!

Tell the away fans that, you have no option but to stand with those nobs

Whole different argument that I reckon .
Just because there is a standing section won’t make those who are in the seating section all of sudden sit down all of the time.

Whole different argument that I reckon .
Just because there is a standing section won’t make those who are in the seating section all of sudden sit down all of the time.
I thought the whole idea was to move all those who want to stand away from those who want to sit .
I have a seat with a wall behind me and if I stand up I don't block anyone view but am immediately the target of some jobsworth yellow-jacketed muppet telling me to sit down. I'm 20 yads from 3k of away fans who stand all the game and nobody says a word.
Standing seats at the back of some stands would make sense, especially away fans then the front rows could be for people who can't or don't want to stand ie kids and less able people.
The top tear of the Holte end or the lower witton end would be ok as that is where the most rowdy fans sit or indeed stand now

I have to say the rail seating at Chelsea was superb. So much room and comfort . It was a great way to watch the game.

If it is all going to be like that then great.

First time I’ve experienced safe standing, thought it was great. From an atmospheric perspective, it’s better. If you have challenges with standings the railings are a help.

I don’t know if this happens, but do those who want to sit buy the front tickets or can they be prioritised? That way, you might have 3-4 rows of sitters and the rest who like to stand (like me) can stand.

I have to say the rail seating at Chelsea was superb. So much room and comfort . It was a great way to watch the game.

If it is all going to be like that then great.
This is quality input sirdennis. I am an avid stander at games and if this can be installed up the top of the Holte to give choice then great. I suspect the problem will be that some STholders who won't stand will object.

This is quality input sirdennis. I am an avid stander at games and if this can be installed up the top of the Holte to give choice then great. I suspect the problem will be that some STholders who won't stand will object.

Yes it will be interesting to see what areas they designate.

Mind you , you can't please everyone so there are bound to be some that will be unhappy.

Is that what they are introducing everywhere then, this rail seating?.
Must admit didn't know that. Thought it was more of a variation on what we were used to way back .

So you can sit down if you want on the rail seating or are they locked into position unless they decide to make that area seating for that game?

Is that what they are introducing everywhere then, this rail seating?.
Must admit didn't know that. Thought it was more of a variation on what we were used to way back .

So you can sit down if you want on the rail seating or are they locked into position unless they decide to make that area seating for that game?

Yes and yes. This is what Chelsea have got.

image.jpeg.6fd9591276f44f1ed12f21aefa7305ef.jpeg

I saw the seat being locked up with a key on TV last night, so I'm guessing that if you pay to stand you stand and vice versa.

I imagine you'll be able to buy a key off eBay though, you can buy keys for disabled toilets so it won't be long before you can buy one for football seats