Stand up if you hate Sky Sport | Vital Football

Stand up if you hate Sky Sport

MadAmster

Vital Squad Member
Wouldn't you just know it....... the away game at the Copse has been moved to Monday night, February 25th at 19:45 I think we have to get together with the Tree Huggers and do a long anti Sky chant without any swearing in it so they have no excuse for replacing the live sound with "generic" crowd noise. Maybe a chorus of "stand up if you hate Sky Sports" This particular move does mean that I might fly over to catch the match as I was unable to make the Saturday or Sunday due to, respectively, DJing and 65th birthday commitments. Despite that, I still think it sucks. Some will have flights and hotels booked which they now can't change and not everybody is in a position to extend their stay by 2 days as we did for the home game. Plus those on shift work. Not good at all.

I have always hated Sky Sports for crimes against football, in terms of destroying the integrity of the game by pumping excessive money into the premier league (and some into the championship I grant). This, to be honest, changing a few game days and times around is small change compared to the bigger crime. But he who pays the piper calls the tune, and you must be used to it by now, my cloggie friend.

The damage Sky have done to football is nothing compared to what they have done to Rugby League...on the other hand, I can watch RL matches without having to visit the M62 corridor and I can watch Derby all over the country without having to leave the comfort of my own living room. Swings and roundabouts and as RR suggests, ‘he who pays the piper...’ and anyway, which of us has the integrity to avoid watching a match because it’s on Sky?

The damage Sky have done to football is nothing compared to what they have done to Rugby League...on the other hand, I can watch RL matches without having to visit the M62 corridor and I can watch Derby all over the country without having to leave the comfort of my own living room. Swings and roundabouts and as RR suggests, ‘he who pays the piper...’ and anyway, which of us has the integrity to avoid watching a match because it’s on Sky?

Why blame Sky? They after all stumped up the money, it was the FA and EFL who accepted the money!

There are plus points, but the amount of money thats been siphoned off into the pockets of players and agents is obscene.

Latest Rams News