Stags | Vital Football

Stags

abebaby

Vital Squad Member
I have been chatting to a friend who is a big Stags fan and he is a bit concerned about the injuries they have and the yellow card situation for some of the players. This is ahead of what will be an interesting derby next week.

Last edited:
They took a major kicking down at Newport, a team that takes no prisoners(as we found out last December when they thugged it out against our first 11).......it wasn`t a pretty sight for those who travelled that day.
Plus DC being pelted with coins from behind the dugout.........clever?

see the link to the local Welsh news....Flitcroft not happy.

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/s...er-1-0-defeat-at-newport-county/?ref=mrb&lp=8

Extremely poor turnout of Newport fans.

Extremely poor turnout of Newport fans.
The Man City boys are in for a real kicking on a mud patch of a pitch, shared by their rugby counterparts when they turn up on Saturday.
MK Dons will be expecting the same treatment on Tuesday night when they drop in for the league game?

I have been chatting to a friend who is a big Stags fan and he is a bit concerned about the injuries they have and the yellow card situation for some of the players. This is ahead of what will be an interesting derby next week.
Two weeks ago, I would have had it down as three points for Mansfield. It still should be, but I am sure a few more will go along to support County now and create a more hostile atmosphere. Could be interesting.

Ryan Sweeney is now suspended for two games after picking up his tenth yellow on Saturday; Neal Bishop is on 9 yellows, Matt Preston 7 and Malvind Benning 6. Three of those are defenders.

Interestingly, Lincoln haven't had a single yellow in the last three games, the best run for a long time. Shame about Harry's red.

What goes around comes around... I remember the Checkatrade game from earlier in the season where Mansfield tried to kick us off the park.

Not sure I can ever remember a club I want to us to beat and finish above than Mansfield this season. Can’t stand their manager, chairman, the appalling wife masquerading as a chief exec, and of course their fans.

What goes around comes around... I remember the Checkatrade game from earlier in the season where Mansfield tried to kick us off the park.

Not sure I can ever remember a club I want to us to beat and finish above than Mansfield this season. Can’t stand their manager, chairman, the appalling wife masquerading as a chief exec, and of course their fans.

I think you should tell us what you really think of the Stags, Imp79. Stop beating about the bush. :lol:

But other than that, they're alright really......

, the appalling wife masquerading as a chief exec,

I am sorry but you actually do her a disservice with this comment. Whatever your thoughts on her marrying a much older rich bloke and perceive her appointment as Nepotism she is hardly your stereotypical blonde bimbo!

If you actually knew anything about her you would find out that she is a qualified lawyer with a masters degree in law and also with a degree in politics and having worked in a reasonably senior roles at Gucci and OCL solicitors prior to being appointed CEO of Mansfield.

I think that makes her reasonably well qualified and hardly masquerading don't you?

Of course I still can't abide Mansfield Town and really hope we beat them to the title.

Last edited:
I am sorry but you actually do her a disservice with this comment. Whatever your thoughts on her marrying a much older rich bloke and perceive her appointment as Nepotism she is hardly your stereotypical blonde bimbo!

If you actually knew anything about her you would find out that she is a qualified lawyer with a masters degree in law and also with a degree in politics and having worked in a reasonably senior roles at Gucci and OCL solicitors prior to being appointed CEO of Mansfield.

I think that makes her reasonably well qualified and hardly masquerading don't you?

Of course I still can't abide Mansfield Town and really hope we beat them to the title.

Exhibit A

Absolutely spot on. I have to listen to some of their arrogant fans day in day out. Some really do think they are just going to walk away with the title. I've said it before on here but every time they win they are closer to us even if we win, and the fact that results went their way after after loss sums up their cockiness. I don't live in Lincoln so can't get a grasp of the day to day feeling about our position but I'm guessing DCs approach has rubbed off and people are not getting too far ahead of themselves whilst remaining positive.

Yet, her Twitter feed undermines all that, sad.