Stadium Naming Rights Update | Page 2 | Vital Football

Stadium Naming Rights Update

Why make a statement like that? I do know it as it happens.
What i didn't get is why renaming the stadium (to raise valuable funds for the club) should imply changing the badge too!

I suggested no such thing.
Simply that "The Lindum Stadium, Sincil Bank" as suggested by another further up, would actually be quite suitable, and particularly because it's the Latin name of our city.
Well that is slightly inaccurate. Lindum contributes only part of the name of our city and is a latin version of the old Corieltauvi (latinised to Coritani; the name of my Explorer unit) name for the city which is thought to be Lindon which in turn is thought to mean dark pool (the Brayford). The remaining part of Lincoln is taken from another part of the long latin name for Lincoln; Colonia.

Why make a statement like that? I do know it as it happens.
What i didn't get is why renaming the stadium (to raise valuable funds for the club) should imply changing the badge too!

I suggested no such thing.
Simply that "The Lindum Stadium, Sincil Bank" as suggested by another further up, would actually be quite suitable, and particularly because it's the Latin name of our city.

Lindum Colonia was the Roman name for Lincoln. The famous 9th Roman Legion was based in Lindum Colonia. The Centurians head crest was the emblem for the 9th Legion. The Lindum Cricket Club at the top of Lindum Hill uses the 9th Legion Centurian emblem as their club crest.

That was the reasoning behind my post, I think you are a tad over sensitive Buckie.

Lindum Colonia was the Roman name for Lincoln. The famous 9th Roman Legion was based in Lindum Colonia. The Centurians head crest was the emblem for the 9th Legion. The Lindum Cricket Club at the top of Lindum Hill uses the 9th Legion Centurian emblem as their club crest.

That was the reasoning behind my post, I think you are a tad over sensitive Buckie.

Err I think I have known the Roman name for my city since I was very little.
And by the way have qualifications in Latin, history and archaeology...

Well that is slightly inaccurate. Lindum contributes only part of the name of our city and is a latin version of the old Corieltauvi (latinised to Coritani; the name of my Explorer unit) name for the city which is thought to be Lindon which in turn is thought to mean dark pool (the Brayford). The remaining part of Lincoln is taken from another part of the long latin name for Lincoln; Colonia.

Yes indeed. Which is why we technically share our name with Blackpool and Dublin.

Err I think I have known the Roman name for my city since I was very little.
And by the way have qualifications in Latin, history and archaeology...

Well in that case it shouldn't have needed explaining. Pretty sure most posters on here understood.

Anyway...................................

If a company wants to put loads of money into naming the stadium after them I don't care who it is

Ground will always be simply Sincil Bank to me ( even if we move!!!)

Anyway...................................

If a company wants to put loads of money into naming the stadium after them I don't care who it is

Ground will always be simply Sincil Bank to me ( even if we move!!!)

Even this? :lol::lol:

C5n_-NXWgAAuoB-.jpg