Stadium LN? | Page 11 | Vital Football

Stadium LN?

Am i missing something? The Co-op is the Linpave, isn't it? The Selenity/Echo/St Andrews is the lego stand covering half the length of the pitch where the offices are.

Yeah, blame my night shifts, sorry... basically, turn the pitch so the main stands become the ends...

One of the little pieces in the post match interviews on Radio Lincs had a board member discussing next season and whether an increase to the capacity was being considered. It would seem that no major increase is being looked at with perhaps only a couple of hundred seats maximum, which I assume will cater for some small gaps but certainly no fill in the corners plan.
I get the feeling that they probably sensibly don't want to chuck money away on re-developing Sincil Bank until the long term plans are set

One of the little pieces in the post match interviews on Radio Lincs had a board member discussing next season and whether an increase to the capacity was being considered. It would seem that no major increase is being looked at with perhaps only a couple of hundred seats maximum, which I assume will cater for some small gaps but certainly no fill in the corners plan.
I get the feeling that they probably sensibly don't want to chuck money away on re-developing Sincil Bank until the long term plans are set

Im not convinced theyd but chucking money away... a realistic expectation would be any new seats would be utilised at least 10 times next year, making a minimum of 200 quid a seat. Imps are savvy enough to realise this so i guess anything else just isnt feasible or theyd do it.

It's a difficult one. I can see the thinking of just holding back for a season if that's the case.

For every potential game against Sunderland, Portsmouth, Charlton, Barnsley where demand from home and away fans will be there, there's also an Accrington, Rochdale, Walsall and Wycombe.

Didn’t Colchester build their ground in a season ? We only need to take down that carbuncle of a stand and build a Co-Op style stand.

Or extend the existing carbuncle so it actually stretches past the halfway line.

Offices temporarily moved into portacabins.

My DIY skills are limited, not even 18th edition so before the town planners on this site shoot me down and I’m sure we we’ve been around this buoy for sometime now those are the views of someone who can wire a plug !

I’m with Notty on this one, be careful what you wish for, will we actually own any new ground. What assets will we actually have if we move ? Don’t get me wrong it will be nice to have a new ground complete with micro brewery but at what price. This journey will not last forever.

Didn’t Colchester build their ground in a season ? We only need to take down that carbuncle of a stand and build a Co-Op style stand.

Or extend the existing carbuncle so it actually stretches past the halfway line.

Offices temporarily moved into portacabins.

My DIY skills are limited, not even 18th edition so before the town planners on this site shoot me down and I’m sure we we’ve been around this buoy for sometime now those are the views of someone who can wire a plug !

I’m with Notty on this one, be careful what you wish for, will we actually own any new ground. What assets will we actually have if we move ? Don’t get me wrong it will be nice to have a new ground complete with micro brewery but at what price. This journey will not last forever.

I'm not a Lincoln supporter (though for three seasons Lincoln's has been the first result I've looked for) but I comment as an interested observer from afar.
It's hard to believe less than three years ago you were a bottom half of fifth division club averaging around 2,500 hardy souls. The appointment of the Cowleys has seen the team drawing levels of support unseen since 1960.
I agree with you that a Co-Op style and size stand opposite The Co-Op is the obvious next move. I haven't followed the story of your possible new stadium but a 10-12,000 ground with poor access hemmed in by railway lines doesn't sound promising. Moving ground should be a decision made when the current stadium cannot be developed adequately. Roker Park was hemmed in on three sides and, however I recall the great memories it gave me, moving to The SOL was the correct choice. It doesn't appear to be the case with Sincil Bank.

Sincil Bank is perfect in many ways. Location etc. But I’d say we need 12,000 min for next season. With plans to get it up to 15,000 should we still be league 1 and confident we’ll stay like that.

I've only seen it on TV, but is Exeter's new stand as bad as it looks? As in a bit like the Echo stand for us

I've only seen it on TV, but is Exeter's new stand as bad as it looks? As in a bit like the Echo stand for us

That's because Network Rail own part of the land and if the stand had been built the full length of the touchline and it would have encroached onto a rail line cutting.

Last edited:
That's because Network Rail own part of the land and if the stand had been built the full length of the touchline and it would have encroached onto a rail line.

Really, the rail line must be literally metres from the pitch. Could they have not built over the line somehow. The stand only runs about half the pitch and it's not even centralised.

Not read the whole thread but if Rotherham was mentioned have memories of the anyone allocated the first six rows of the away end getting soaked by the rain when we visited.

That's the problem with expanding many old grounds built back in the day. Reminds me of The Dell. Look at both ends of the ground, built within the confines of the road system:

Archers-Road-Rebuild-The-Dell-Arial-Archive-Picture-from-the-Echo_219993.jpg

DExRCO5WAAAR37w.jpg

The 2 tier one at the top of the 2nd picture overhung the pavement alongside that road. A pavement with a roof.

You can see from the top picture to the second picture that they had changed the stand at the top. In the first one it had small concrete separate upper tiers. Like raised "royal boxes" all along the back of it.

"Redeveloped" again by the time we played them in '98? Those 2 ends had roofs. The one at the top became a single stand with the top layer taken off. We were "housed" in the nearest part of the stand running from the left to top centre.

Compared to Exeter and Southampton at the Dell we are quite lucky having the extra space behind the St Andrews.

As a guide on the Dell. It was about 15k capacity when it closed. You couldn;t have fitted a Co-op stand alongside the pitch in that space. "The extra" capacity is all from having 2 tiers on the sides.

We have the luxury of having the space to put another Co-op the other side. That would bring us to about the same capacity. IF we went up further and there was the demand then of course we would be able to think about double tiering the Stacey West and Bridge McFarland.

Last edited:
We have the luxury of having the space to put another Co-op the other side. That would bring us to about the same capacity. IF we went up further and there was the demand then of course we would be able to think about double tiering the Stacey West and Bridge McFarland.

Also since the Lincoln avoiding line embankment was dropped, space behind the SW. That was good for the club, if not good for the City.

Keep the South Park end of the ground as it is, its generally fit for purpose - also being relatively low it allows sunlight from the South onto the pitch.

Also since the Lincoln avoiding line embankment was dropped, space behind the SW. That was good for the club, if not good for the City.

Keep the South Park end of the ground as it is, its generally fit for purpose - also being relatively low it allows sunlight from the South onto the pitch.

Absolutely, for best sunlight effect for grass growing have a low south stand and preferably a lowish east stand.