Stadium LN? | Vital Football

Stadium LN?

bristolimp

Vital Champions League
Should we be looking at Stadium MK as a model for our new stadium?

We don’t have to have 30k seats. Perhaps 20k would be ok.

We have premier league fans we should have a premier league stadium

Not sure if the finances work. Perhaps we can all look behind the sofa for the lost fiver?

If we get that quality of set up, the stadium could double up as a music venue. ££££€€€€$$$$$¥¥¥¥¥ 365 revenue!

Looked heavily constructed with exec boxes in mind
Good location
Decent seating leg room etc
Toilets ok
Average food beer set up
Too big for them
Similarities with Hull and Coventry
Not sure I'd take anything for inspiration for the new bank

I think we'd be better off with a smaller version otherwise it might end up as a Darlington white elephant. MKs ground is used for more than just football as well and whilst appreciating that the fair city of Lincoln has improved its accessibility since work brought me to the dark side of the Midlands 30 years ago I still feel that in that regard we would still be looking at a Country and Western event in Lincoln.
15000 would be about right with some possible option to extend by another 5k should need arise

Oversized plastic bowl, perfect for them.
The bars in the away end were a bit odd, we were in bar 2, only 3 servers which lead to massive queues when we got there around 2pm but when I went for a second 20 minutes later it calmed and got served in 2 minutes. Queueing needed better organisation.

I think we'd be better off with a smaller version otherwise it might end up as a Darlington white elephant. MKs ground is used for more than just football as well and whilst appreciating that the fair city of Lincoln has improved its accessibility since work brought me to the dark side of the Midlands 30 years ago I still feel that in that regard we would still be looking at a Country and Western event in Lincoln.
15000 would be about right with some possible option to extend by another 5k should need arise

Spot on post for me. No point in having a superb ground if you can’t afford the standard of players to play in it, I would rather we stay where we are with virtually a full house, than playing in front of an empty stadium because we can’t afford the players because of the money going towards the stadium.

Oversized plastic bowl, perfect for them.
The bars in the away end were a bit odd, we were in bar 2, only 3 servers which lead to massive queues when we got there around 2pm but when I went for a second 20 minutes later it calmed and got served in 2 minutes. Queueing needed better organisation.
How come the away had the white sheeting round the concourse but the home end didnt? i didnt use the bar but presumed this was linked to the "mustnt drink in sight of the grass rule" but no sheeting the other end at all. Bit odd.

I might be in the minority here, but as good as the MK stadium is (ie) seats, ease of entry and exit, superb view etc, I didn’t like it. Felt soleless and although we were very loud, thought the atmosphere as a whole was unfootbally if you get what I mean. I like a stadium with character and charm. Goodson is well past it’s best but I loved it. MK also showed why we must be careful to get the capacity right if we do move. 16,000 were lost in the bowl. I would hate to have that at Sincil Bank mk2.

MKD Stadium is way too big and as a result lacks atmosphere unless there are huge numbers there. That said the seats, leg room, toilets, concourse, view, sound system were way better than many are used to at Sincil Bank.

You would only take the best bits of any design and new ideas into a new stadium in Lincoln. Perhaps a mini version of Tottenham's new kop to create a wall of sound, safe standing etc. MKD stadium was opened 12 years ago which probably means it was designed 15 years ago. There will have been many changes since then. Brand new stadiums are steeper than MKD, to get fans nearer the pitch and help create better atmospheres. Whatever happens at Lincoln, there is no getting away from the fact that all stadia, old or new, are at their best when 80%+ full.

I liked the padded seats. I think we should incorporate cup holders and perhaps drop down trays from the back of the seat in front though.

Yep agree and headphones should be provided with multi language options for match commentary or silence to block out the noisy Nando’s clackers. Hand warmers should be provided for the cold winter night games too.

How come the away had the white sheeting round the concourse but the home end didnt? i didnt use the bar but presumed this was linked to the "mustnt drink in sight of the grass rule" but no sheeting the other end at all. Bit odd.
Yeah we said I thought it no one can drink in view of the game not just away fans?
The bars were hidden away the other side of the concourse anyway, very odd indeed.

If we do ever move, and the debate over capacity, the Club has said over 21,000 individual supporters have bought tickets this season at sometime or other. Interesting stat, but how many would regular attendees when things are not quite as rosy as they are now.