Stadium is looking shabby | Page 20 | Vital Football

Stadium is looking shabby

Why would they give money to football? Nobody outside of Wigan knows or cares about Wigan Athletic. As we know, this town always has and always will be a rugby town whether you like it or not. Wigan rugby is a global brand, Wigan ath is a Wigan brand. Just ask the football opposition fans, every one of them will tell you its a rugby town.
🎵🎶DON'T YOU KNOW, PUMP IT UP
YOUR RENT IS GOING UP... 🎶🎵 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Why would they give money to football? Nobody outside of Wigan knows or cares about Wigan Athletic. As we know, this town always has and always will be a rugby town whether you like it or not. Wigan rugby is a global brand, Wigan ath is a Wigan brand. Just ask the football opposition fans, every one of them will tell you its a rugby town.

:unsure::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ha ha ha...
Wigan Rugby is a global brand !!!
Yeah right.

Wigan Warriors and Bolton fan I'm guessing. Latics have supporters clubs in countries that Rugby fans can't even spell correctly.

Tick tock you gravy shagger

Global brand but can't afford to pay rent at market value

Compare how many official twitter and facebook followers the two clubs have.

Latics over 300k.
Warriors approx 100k.

But the rent review isn't due until 2024.
Which was my point in the original post you quoted... ⬇️

terms of leases do not change with new owners FACT

anything else being discussed on here is speculation,

I have no idea, just like everyone else on here speculating has no idea, what I do know, because it is my business and living, is terms of leases remain the same when/if ownership changes.

I have no idea, just like everyone else on here speculating has no idea, what I do know, because it is my business and living, is terms of leases remain the same when/if ownership changes.
That's obviously not true, otherwise there would be no rent negotiations / increase before the set date on said lease (2024).

Last edited:
That's obviously not true, otherwise there would be no rent negotiations / increase before the set date on said lease (2024).

i have no idea what is or isn't being negotiated, perhaps you can show me, as i keep repeating the law of the land says that terms of any commercial lease remains the same if new owners take that lease on, perhaps something was in place prior
to administration.

i have no idea what is or isn't being negotiated, perhaps you can show me, as i keep repeating the law of the land says that terms of any commercial lease remains the same if new owners take that lease on, perhaps something was in place prior
to administration.

Talal is putting the rent up... ✔ CONFIRMED
Negotiations on the size of that increase are currently ongoing... ✔ CONFIRMED

Rent review was only due to take place in 2024 ...So something has changed.

Not sure what else you want me to say...

Premier League and FA Cup football's viewership domestically and globally dwarfs Super League. After our 8 years in the Prem and FA Cup exploits we got a huge amount of exposure globally the Wigan Athletic brand will have surpassed Warriors as shown by the difference in social media followers. Even though we are now in L1 we will retain a fair portion of our notoriety even if we are no longer being seen on the previous scale.

There was certainly a time when Wigan was predominantly a rugby town, but that's years ago. Football has been firmly established in the town for about 20 years. I'd say it's disingenuous to say that it's only one or the other as both clubs have thousands of fans and have enjoyed plenty of success in recent years. But success in English football does generate more money, more headlines, more viewers and reach further internationally than success in English Rugby League due to the difference in popularity of both sports. It's the same for any other town or city that has both sports.

I don't hate Warrior's or dislike rugby league but the days of Latics being in Warrior's shadow and Wigan being a Rugby Town are long gone.

Premier League and FA Cup football's viewership domestically and globally dwarfs Super League. After our 8 years in the Prem and FA Cup exploits we got a huge amount of exposure globally the Wigan Athletic brand will have surpassed Warriors as shown by the difference in social media followers. Even though we are now in L1 we will retain a fair portion of our notoriety even if we are no longer being seen on the previous scale.

There was certainly a time when Wigan was predominantly a rugby town, but that's years ago. Football has been firmly established in the town for about 20 years. I'd say it's disingenuous to say that it's only one or the other as both clubs have thousands of fans and have enjoyed plenty of success in recent years. But success in English football does generate more money, more headlines, more viewers and reach further internationally than success in English Rugby League due to the difference in popularity of both sports. It's the same for any other town or city that has both sports.

I don't hate Warrior's or dislike rugby league but the days of Latics being in Warrior's shadow and Wigan being a Rugby Town are long gone.
Im begining to like you

Rugby town my ass the 2hats dont even have their own stadium
Hey knob head nobody outside of wigan cares or knows about latics they do in Bahrain cunty
Wigan rugby a global brand lol only people that know of wigan rugby are those in parts of lancs and yorks and Australia
Nobody elese gives a fuck about wigan and its rugby league, even in wigan they dont give a fuck these days

Stop talking shite prick!