Stadium is looking shabby | Page 6 | Vital Football

Stadium is looking shabby

I personally don't see it that way like you do
How much do these guys pay rent
How much do they pay towards upkeep as in repairing pitch
I also disagree that its OK them boycotting food and drink sales in the stadium
I bet if leneghan had got his way they would buy in the stadium
But I'm very sure that the owner of the latics is not too bothered about the pittence they receive from our lodgers
Would just be like you and me having a Bob or two in our pockets
End of day
So I don't take this we need them whelan did but he does not have nowhere near what our new owner has

They pay the same percentage of their gate receipts that Latics do - whether that works out more or less I guess is due to cost of tickets, how many games they play etc..
They pay nothing towards the upkeep of the pitch. Neither do Latics. the stadium company does - I know ultimately that the stadium & Latics are owned by the same company but (at least in the past) the 2 have always been separate entities. As I've said before on here, if you rent a property unless you break something you wouldn't expect your landlord to make you chip in for wear & tear maintenance. That's what your rent should be contributing towards
I didn't say its okay for them to boycott food & drinks in the stadium but as they seem to have take over the running of the RP Arena & they make no money from food & drink sales in the DW it makes perfect sense for them to try & increase their matchday revenue by providing a pre-game place where they can make some money from that
I don't think Lenaghan ever wanted the stadium as it's always been a loss making facility
I don't think that we need them as such but the figure I read during our admin of how much it brings in to the stadium company is better in the owners pocket than not - I've also said elsewhere I want us to be run within our means rather than a benefactor or company continually propping up losses so Whelan's wealth compared to the Bahraini's group's wealth doesn't mean a great deal to me

None of the above is a dig at you by the way - just pointing out an alternative view & you're entitled to yours

They pay the same percentage of their gate receipts that Latics do - whether that works out more or less I guess is due to cost of tickets, how many games they play etc..
They pay nothing towards the upkeep of the pitch. Neither do Latics. the stadium company does - I know ultimately that the stadium & Latics are owned by the same company but (at least in the past) the 2 have always been separate entities. As I've said before on here, if you rent a property unless you break something you wouldn't expect your landlord to make you chip in for wear & tear maintenance. That's what your rent should be contributing towards
I didn't say its okay for them to boycott food & drinks in the stadium but as they seem to have take over the running of the RP Arena & they make no money from food & drink sales in the DW it makes perfect sense for them to try & increase their matchday revenue by providing a pre-game place where they can make some money from that
I don't think Lenaghan ever wanted the stadium as it's always been a loss making facility
I don't think that we need them as such but the figure I read during our admin of how much it brings in to the stadium company is better in the owners pocket than not - I've also said elsewhere I want us to be run within our means rather than a benefactor or company continually propping up losses so Whelan's wealth compared to the Bahraini's group's wealth doesn't mean a great deal to me

None of the above is a dig at you by the way - just pointing out an alternative view & you're entitled to yours
No dig at you too mate I respect your view

I would say that the only thing you have missed from that excellent summation you have given is that the terms of the lease on the stadium, given by the council, say that we have to allow the Rugby to share the facility and therefore have little or no option.

I would say that the only thing you have missed from that excellent summation you have given is that the terms of the lease on the stadium, given by the council, say that we have to allow the Rugby to share the facility and therefore have little or no option.
I'm sure it does and what a surprise that would be.
They have no right however to pay jack all to use it as the have since they cuckoo'd in.
If anyone had a spare 200k they could offset the rugby income for 2 years with it and let em play at Robin Park......

It's therefore in the stadium company's interest to get as many Wigan RL fans through the turnstiles as possible - one way of doing that is to make it feel as much like their home to them as it does to Latics fans (which it is at the end of the day).
You make them feel unwanted & unwelcome & less of them will turn up which means that the stadium company (owned by the same people that own Latics) makes less money which means less can be invested in to Latics by the owners of that holding company
;)

Vast amounts have been spent already without a penny off the chubbies so I don't think Pheonix 21 will go bust if they don't get the extra couple of quid a fortnight from any extra fatties visiting.
They are unwelcome and they already know they are unwanted and their fans don't want to play in our Stadium anyway.
Make them as unwelcome as possible and personalise our ground in our colours and hopefully the lardy arsed fuckers will bugger off to Horwich where they all wanted to go anyway.

Vast amounts have been spent already without a penny off the chubbies so I don't think Pheonix 21 will go bust if they don't get the extra couple of quid a fortnight from any extra fatties visiting.
They are unwelcome and they already know they are unwanted and their fans don't want to play in our Stadium anyway.
Make them as unwelcome as possible and personalise our ground in our colours and hopefully the lardy arsed fuckers will bugger off to Horwich where they all wanted to go anyway.
👏👏👏

A measly 5,555 there tonight for the visit of Wakefield Trinity #RugbyTownMyArse 🥴

I saw that, would be an interesting comparison to see what other eggies get on compared to their normal gates, now restrictions have been lifted. I genuinely get that there will have been some who couldn't go and some who will be unsure of going back yet, but that's an absolutely shocking attendance

But But But.....we need them and their revenue sooo badly. We're paying Charlie Wyke 10k a week, but the new owners desperately need the Rugby's 20% ticket sales every season. Don't even think about blaming Covid either. 18k on for a franchise cricket match last night where you couldn't support either side as neither have any history or fanbase.

Fuck them off to Robin Park for good and let's get our ground looking like a proper Wigan Athletic football stadium.

I saw that, would be an interesting comparison to see what other eggies get on compared to their normal gates, now restrictions have been lifted. I genuinely get that there will have been some who couldn't go and some who will be unsure of going back yet, but that's an absolutely shocking attendance
If they're admitting to that figure then you can bet your bottom dollar there was less than that there.
I went to Wigan Asda at 7pm (forgot the Rugby was playing) and you'd barely know there was a game on.
I saw a handful of Wigan fans outside & around Asda, and several Wakefield fans walking down from the Station at about 7:30pm, other than that, the saddle junction was quiet.

So how many do you think we will get on.
The last few times we"ve been in League 1, we've been averaging around 8,000.
I can't see why we can't achieve the same figure again.

The Warriors, however, have been fudging their figures for years.
If they're actually admitting to that figure tonight, then they're in BIG trouble...

The last few times we"ve been in League 1, we've been averaging around 8,000.
I can't see why we can't achieve the same figure again.

The Warriors, however, have been fudging their figures for years.
If they're actually admitting to that figure tonight, then they're in BIG trouble...
Maybe the new stadium owners are telling them to be honest about the crowds?

I assume it's because they didn't sell season tickets for the season due to Covid, so they can't fudge their numbers with non attending STHs. They can only count folk who were in the ground tonight AKA the actual attendance and this is the result.

[QUOTE="C_Latic, post: 2939174, member: 11232"]I assume it's because they didn't sell season tickets for the season due to Covid, so they can't fudge their numbers with non attending STHs. They can only count folk who were in the ground tonight AKA the actual attendance and this is the result.[/QUOTE]
They did.
I know this as fact because my in laws are Season Ticket Holders.

Know what you mean, we needed to move to progress as a club, there was no way we could redevelop Springfield Park into a ground fit for Premier League or even Championship football. Not just because we share it, the DW will never be our true home for me, as I've known and loved SP. That will always be Home

Know what you mean, we needed to move to progress as a club, there was no way we could redevelop Springfield Park into a ground fit for Premier League or even Championship football. Not just because we share it, the DW will never be our true home for me, as I've known and loved SP. That will always be Home
Springfield Park will always be home for us oldies, but I wonder what percentage of our fanbase never went to Springfield Park and class The DW as our home as it is all they have known.