Stadium is looking shabby | Page 29 | Vital Football

Stadium is looking shabby

Stewards also now deciding that non disabled can no longer exit the West Stand by the corner between West & South but have to go up the steps, down the stairs and round the stand.

Jobs worth knob head steward not there tonight so it was as you were, exit via the corner in an orderly manner.

Jobs worth knob head steward not there tonight so it was as you were, exit via the corner in an orderly manner.
On the subject of disabled fans does anyone on here know if there any disabled parking spots at the front of the stadium?
My friend has health issues and can't seem to get in touch with anyone at the stadium to help, although I've kept my season ticket I can't go along to help him until probably next season because of covid concerns connected to my immune system.

On the subject of disabled fans does anyone on here know if there any disabled parking spots at the front of the stadium?
My friend has health issues and can't seem to get in touch with anyone at the stadium to help, although I've kept my season ticket I can't go along to help him until probably next season because of covid concerns connected to my immune system.
I'm fairly sure there are designated spots around the front of the stadium, but I imagine you'd have to be given access first. In fact, just checking the Club's Customer Charter, yes, there are. See here:
https://wiganathletic.com/fans/customer-charter/ (see page 17).

Also, I'm fairly sure that one of the specific projects for which the SC gave the money to the Community Trust was for them to help those who need special assistance to get to and attend games. They might be able to help, so try them:

Operations Manager - Amy Waldron - a.waldron@wiganathletic.com
or
EMAIL: COMMUNITY@WIGANATHLETIC.COM
TEL: 01942 318090

or,

or there's always the SLOs who might be able to help:
jason@wiganathleticslo.co.uk & ian@wiganathleticslo.co.uk

As far as you yourself are concerned, though you may (understandably) not want to sit in your normal seat, there are plenty of places in each stand where you could sit well out of the way of anyone else. The only thing I suppose you'd need to consider would be keeping out of the way of others on your travel to the ground, and then on the concourse. It might mean turning up very early, and staying behind for ten minutes to let the crowds disperse.

Hope you both get sorted.

Took this picture walking towards the stadium on Saturday, (apologies could only fit it into this post horizontal). This is why our ground is so rightly referred to as soulless. When our fans are greeted with this as their first sight coming towards the ground…
View attachment 52166
Why isn’t there a massive Latics mural on that wall? Why isn’t there one in every corner of the ground? Something like this at Birmingham..View attachment 52167

Excellent idea. You could even use giant murals as a cheaper way of enclosing the corners and improving the atmosphere

I'm fairly sure there are designated spots around the front of the stadium, but I imagine you'd have to be given access first. In fact, just checking the Club's Customer Charter, yes, there are. See here:
https://wiganathletic.com/fans/customer-charter/ (see page 17).

Also, I'm fairly sure that one of the specific projects for which the SC gave the money to the Community Trust was for them to help those who need special assistance to get to and attend games. They might be able to help, so try them:

Operations Manager - Amy Waldron - a.waldron@wiganathletic.com
or
EMAIL: COMMUNITY@WIGANATHLETIC.COM
TEL: 01942 318090

or,

or there's always the SLOs who might be able to help:
jason@wiganathleticslo.co.uk & ian@wiganathleticslo.co.uk

As far as you yourself are concerned, though you may (understandably) not want to sit in your normal seat, there are plenty of places in each stand where you could sit well out of the way of anyone else. The only thing I suppose you'd need to consider would be keeping out of the way of others on your travel to the ground, and then on the concourse. It might mean turning up very early, and staying behind for ten minutes to let the crowds disperse.

Hope you both get sorted.
Thanks moonay will try those avenues to see if we can get somewhere,my friend has tried to contact the disability officer without success.
Will just have to see what the medical folk say, I have a seat in the South stand but the concourse is not very well organised (or was last time that I went) managed to watch a couple of Torquay games against Grimsby and Southend while on holiday down there stood in the open well away from the crowds and watched last nights match on Latics tv so all is not lost.

Took this picture walking towards the stadium on Saturday, (apologies could only fit it into this post horizontal). This is why our ground is so rightly referred to as soulless. When our fans are greeted with this as their first sight coming towards the ground…
View attachment 52166
Why isn’t there a massive Latics mural on that wall? Why isn’t there one in every corner of the ground? Something like this at Birmingham..View attachment 52167
It's probably got something to do with the fact that 1). Our ground doesn't have an outer fence around it (like Birmingham City do) so therefore can be easily vandalised by anyone passing by... and 2). Birmingham City don't have bitter lodgers playing there who resent their very existence.

You could always sit in another seat ..... it's not as if the stand is rammed. ;)

Slightly off topic but here goes.....What pisses me off is what our crew call "fuckin' seat swappers" these clowns sit at the far end of the stand depending on which way we are playing first half then think its ok to go to the other end in the second half most of the time nicking a ST holders seat in the process.

Had a few words on this over the years, we've even had it were some folk have refused to move, they have in the end by the way. ;)

Probably casuals or the free ticket brigade!

Slightly off topic but here goes.....What pisses me off is what our crew call "fuckin' seat swappers" these clowns sit at the far end of the stand depending on which way we are playing first half then think its ok to go to the other end in the second half most of the time nicking a ST holders seat in the process.

Had a few words on this over the years, we've even had it were some folk have refused to move, they have in the end by the way. ;)

I get the moving - after all, it's only what lots of us used to do at Springfield, either from the Town to Shevy End, or when it was given to away fans, just along the St Andrews side - but it's out of order to sit in a ST holder's seat. Other than that, where's the harm?

If it wasn't for those pesky seat swappers you wouldn't have got yer 20 points last night!

Last edited:

There were about 13000 empty seats in the home seats. Doesnt really matter at all unless they take someones seat. Think Ive only sat in my ticketed seat about three times ever.

There were about 13000 empty seats in the home seats. Doesnt really matter at all unless they take someones seat. Think Ive only sat in my ticketed seat about three times ever.
I can't ever remember seeing a mass exodus to the South End of the East Stand, definitely not on the scale we used to see at Springy.

Just wondering how things are developing. We came into quite a bit of money through Dan Burn recently. I would hope we can get moving with contiued development of our stadium. There are still huge pollars and sections of structure which could be festooned with Blue and white regalia. It still needs to be given a greater football identity and those pink shabby seats need to go asap.
There were rumours that our tenants had reached an agreement re. the rent. Lets hope it is realistic and reflects on what they are saving rather than standing on their own two feet. I should hope it is at least or above what Hull FC pay their tenants (700,000k). Now some of that would contribute to what they cost us which is mad because we should make a profit from a tenant. Hopefully it is around this low but realistic figure which is still an act of charity to Mr Pollard who deserves nothing from us.

Just wondering how things are developing. We came into quite a bit of money through Dan Burn recently. I would hope we can get moving with contiued development of our stadium. There are still huge pollars and sections of structure which could be festooned with Blue and white regalia. It still needs to be given a greater football identity and those pink shabby seats need to go asap.
There were rumours that our tenants had reached an agreement re. the rent. Lets hope it is realistic and reflects on what they are saving rather than standing on their own two feet. I should hope it is at least or above what Hull FC pay their tenants (700,000k). Now some of that would contribute to what they cost us which is mad because we should make a profit from a tenant. Hopefully it is around this low but realistic figure which is still an act of charity to Mr Pollard who deserves nothing from us.
Nothing will be done until the Summer.

Does that include the baseball caps as well as the seats ?
Beginning to think a few over exuberant promises may have been made.
Turning on the heating in the bars would be a start 😉😁
The Baseball caps are little bit late, but that sometimes happens when things are coming from the Far East, so nothing to worry about.
As for the seats, I was always under the assumption that they would be replaced when the pitch gets its annual MOT in the Summer - No games means more time to sort things out.

The Baseball caps are little bit late, but that sometimes happens when things are coming from the Far East, so nothing to worry about.
As for the seats, I was always under the assumption that they would be replaced when the pitch gets its annual MOT in the Summer - No games means more time to sort things out.
I'm not worried at all not fussed if I get a cap at all tbh - understand supply chains can be delayed however the offer was made over 6 months ago - that's some lead time !
No games in the summer ? - Are the worriers off then ? 😉

I'm not worried at all not fussed if I get a cap at all tbh - understand supply chains can be delayed however the offer was made over 6 months ago - that's some lead time !
No games in the summer ? - Are the worriers off then ? 😉
There wasn't any indication at the time that the Caps would be produced straight away though.
As for The Egg Chasers, they always have a month in the Summer (normally sometime in June until Early July) were they play 4 away games on the bounce, so any pitch work at the DW can get done without interruption.