Stacey West Expansion | Page 6 | Vital Football

Stacey West Expansion

I guess with the expansion you won't be able to see the cathedral peeking up above the SW. The Cathedral View exec box may need a new name!

Nice to see expansion, fan access in and out might need a bit more work. As it all looks still from pitch side and either end. Well done the Imps

I didn't actually think about this until I had a meeting in that box yesterday.

It really is a stunning sight from a few parts of the stadium, not just the boxes.
It's stunning from wherever you get a glimpse of it.
Last Saturday morning driving into Lincoln to get the coach it was 'back lit' on the horizon as the sun was just coming up - it's a beautiful vision.
For us that see it infrequently it does lift your heart. As soon as you see it you know you're nearly there (a bit like spotting Blackpool tower as a kid going on holiday but better).

I’m sure the Electric Bananna will have a view, cantilever v cost etc.

It difficult to say with out knowing the technical details, but anywhere between twenty to 30 percent more. The piles have to go pretty deep to support a cantilever structure and given the site was a former railway embankment who knows what the ground conditions are like (I assume the DT have commisioned trial pits dug and will know) and how deep those piles may have to go. I suspect the proximity of the houses at the back of may also come into play as well.

In my professional opinion using the existing steel frame and substructure is the cost effective way to go, despite the columns remaining. The weight of the roof and the wind and snow loadings will remain broadly the same as they are now, so I doubt the size of the columns will change to any noticeable extent.

It good to see the club kicking the notion of a new stadium into the long grass

It good to see the club kicking the notion of a new stadium into the long grass
I didn't think that was the case, I thought I saw somewhere either Liam or Clive say a new stadium was still under consideration. Pretty sure if anything it's just an acknowledgment of how long it will take for a new stadium and if we want to continue to grow we need a short term fix as well as long term plan.

I didn't think that was the case, I thought I saw somewhere either Liam or Clive say a new stadium was still under consideration. Pretty sure if anything it's just an acknowledgment of how long it will take for a new stadium and if we want to continue to grow we need a short term fix as well as long term plan.

Isn't that the defination of 'kicking it into the long grass'?

I think it’s more likely we will stay at SB/LNER, Clive has seemed a lot less enthusiastic about any move compared to Bob When it’s been mentioned on social media. As I posted before, I am happy to stay as long as we won’t suffer on the pitch for the lack of any commercial growth a new build would give us.

Better to have a full ground than a half empty bowl. Atmosphere sells itself to players as we've heard today and previously.

I remember twice going to Darlington's new stadium and thinking along those lines. Worst of all were the constant cries of "Sit doon!" from the over-officious stewards; a ground of 25,000 with only 3,000 in it and we were obliged to "Sit doon!"

Hope someone has, or is, going to check out the safe standing area at Shrewsbury today.

Would be interesting to hear our fans thoughts.

Hope someone has, or is, going to check out the safe standing area at Shrewsbury today.

Would be interesting to hear our fans thoughts.
It’s a 👍from me. Much safer than current seating. Perhaps have the upper tier safe standing and lower normal seats as we don’t all want to stand and I would imagine the rail could actually obstruct the view for some.