St Olaf's Wasdale Head. | Vital Football

St Olaf's Wasdale Head.

I remember someone burning an hole in my Force Ten Tents groundsheet after I lent it them for a trip to Wasdale while I was in Wrightington Hospital having my back done.

I remember someone burning an hole in my Force Ten Tents groundsheet after I lent it them for a trip to Wasdale while I was in Wrightington Hospital having my back done.

Oooops!!! Who could that have been, I wonder?
Some good memories of that place.
I bet we would struggle doing the 'Horseshoe' in 3 weeks now nevermind in 3 separate walks.
We should go and do it again (or some of it) for old times sake before we are truly past it.

Yewbarrow, Red Pike, Steeple, Pillar, Kirkfell, Great Gable then over to Sty Head Sprinkling Tarn, Great End, Scafell Pike, up Broad Stand and on to Scafell then back to the Wasdale Head for a dozen pints of Jennings Bitter.
That would get the pain of this last six months out of the system.
Some could run that route apart from Broad Stand.

Bollocks to that.

Along the lake to Nether Wasdale, a long dinnertime sesh in the Strands and the Screes, and then a wobbly walk back along the other (screes) side of the lake.

Happy days.

Yewbarrow, Red Pike, Steeple, Pillar, Kirkfell, Great Gable then over to Sty Head Sprinkling Tarn, Great End, Scafell Pike, up Broad Stand and on to Scafell then back to the Wasdale Head for a dozen pints of Jennings Bitter.
That would get the pain of this last six months out of the system.
Some could run that route apart from Broad Stand.
Stick to Theakstons Jeff, you know that Jennings plays havoc with your guts!!!!!

Just blurted out me brew, and snorted down me nose !
At least in those days hid did try to get to a toilet when his sphincter valve gave in. He just has a 'wild' shit wherever he is these days and makes no effort to find a bog.
He usually buries it under a rock.
One time he had meltdown in the wild, as when he lifted a rock up to bury his turd, there was already a turd under the rock he lifted up.
He wasn't sure whether it was his turd from a previous 'wild' shit or not.