SRBENY on the move | Vital Football

SRBENY on the move

I don't think he was anywhere near as bad as everyone made out. Even though it was only limited appearances I thought he had improved since he initially signed. Last season away at Birmingham he made the difference when coming on that got us the point in my opinion. Took his goals well against Sheffield Wednesday, Cardiff and Everyton. I wish him the best of luck and hope he can does really well.

According to Michael Bailey we’ve sold him for more than we paid for him, which is something.

Did we sign him for 1.5 million? So hopefully Srbeny could have gone for 2 million? Funny that they have more money than us to spend.

I like CC thought Srbeny was a better player than I make out but he is not good enough for this league and I think DF never knew his best role I am sure if he was the main forward and played consistently he might have shown more but I'm not sad he has gone.

Will we be signing a forward?

SKY say we are in talks to take Gallagher on loan from Chelsea (currently Charlton). He is a defensive midfielder but can play in defence so another amadou type.

He was not good enough last season so how did anybody expect him to step up this season. He was not given a chance but we are at least removing players not good enough and getting fees for them.

DF said he only wants players who are up for the fight so was Srbeny not wanting to fight?

TBF to Sir Benny, he always looked to put the effort in and seemed well liked by the players. I think this was as simple as letting a player leave that through no fault of his own wasn’t going to play. Not at Pukki’s level. Good to get a reasonable fee for him too

I hope he does really well for Paderborn and helps keep them up.

Like Tusckster said he seemed popular and always looked to put the effort in. I would've liked to have seen him start a couple of games earlier this season in the Steipermann role behind the striker as I think he would've given us a bit more physicality and aerial presence.

I don't think he was anywhere near as bad as everyone made out. Even though it was only limited appearances I thought he had improved since he initially signed. Last season away at Birmingham he made the difference when coming on that got us the point in my opinion. Took his goals well against Sheffield Wednesday, Cardiff and Everyton. I wish him the best of luck and hope he can does really well.

I agree. Good luck to Sir Benny

If it was a six figure fee then he couldn’t have gone for more than £999’999.

Wish him all the best. His best goal was away v Cardiff in the cup, step over then top corner with the left foot.