Squad size | Vital Football

Squad size

king_dezeeuw06

Vital Champions League
Admin said we were only allowed a 20 man squad in an interview as one of the harsh punishments placed on us by the EFL. So if the kids count or not will dictate if we have the ability to sign more players or if we have to release someone to make space.

Senior pros under contract
1. Jones
2. Pearce
3. Lee Evans
4. Massey
5. Naismith
6. Garner

Senior players on short term deals / loans
7. Roberts
8. Cameron
9. Fox
10. James
11. Johnson
12. Gardener
13. Clarke
14. Ostebore

Players through the youth system
15. Owen Evans (23 years old)
16. Perry (22)
17. Crankshaw (22)
18. Merrie (21)
19. Obi (19)
20. Long (19)

Rest of the kids not featured in a league game so presumably don't count.

Clarke is obviously going to be released as he is injured to give us at least one space and Gardener has struggled so far, so i could see him being let go too but we've got a tiny squad with little room to maneuver.

I'm pretty certain that anyone brought through or continuing to be a youth player doesn't count
Or players on existing contracts
I could be completely wrong though

Admin said we were only allowed a 20 man squad in an interview as one of the harsh punishments placed on us by the EFL. So if the kids count or not will dictate if we have the ability to sign more players or if we have to release someone to make space.

Senior pros under contract
1. Jones
2. Pearce
3. Lee Evans
4. Massey
5. Naismith
6. Garner

Senior players on short term deals / loans
7. Roberts
8. Cameron
9. Fox
10. James
11. Johnson
12. Gardener
13. Clarke
14. Ostebore

Players through the youth system
15. Owen Evans (23 years old)
16. Perry (22)
17. Crankshaw (22)
18. Merrie (21)
19. Obi (19)
20. Long (19)

Rest of the kids not featured in a league game so presumably don't count.

Clarke is obviously going to be released as he is injured to give us at least one space and Gardener has struggled so far, so i could see him being let go too but we've got a tiny squad with little room to maneuver.

I don’t think academy players count and I think this includes the youth team !

Really hoping lang has a recall clause.

With 6 more people able to be added we might be ok for the season, even if we dont sign anyone before deadline there could still be some good players out there on a free.

Stanley confirmed in interview with Jay Whittle it's 23 man squad and the kids do count we are already at the limit. But that goes once we are out of admin.

There is going to be a glut of players on the market,
as clubs will have to off load players to cut their wage bill.

When do the short term contracts expire?

Think Fox, Cameron here until January.

Clarke, Ostabor, Gardener, Roberts only here for 1 month then need to extend or go. Think all their deals run out within the next week or so. Need to keep Ostabor for sure. If Roberts injured for few weeks I'd not resigning him to take up a spot and if we come out of admin sign him then.

Clarke, Ostabor, Gardener, Roberts only here for 1 month then need to extend or go. Think all their deals run out within the next week or so. Need to keep Ostabor for sure. If Roberts injured for few weeks I'd not resigning him to take up a spot and if we come out of admin sign him then.
There's loyalty for you!!
But we expect loyalty from players don't we

Ottabor would be a decent shout in this division, as far as Roberts goes we should offer him a player/coach role, he seems to have the ear of the dressing room and works well with the younger players.

Fox and Cameron look to be developing and with the addition of the young kid from Leicester and our own academy lads should give us enough cover at the back.

Tom James looks to be a decent addition and can play in midfield if needed but I am not sure about Gardner, too many loose passes, maybe one to move on.

I know Jamie Jones has made a couple of bloopers lately, but I would continue with him for the moment as he does have the ability to deal with the pressure whereas Owen Evans is still raw and could buckle under the weight of expectation.

In my opinion we need a decent front man to back up Garner, who struggled in the Portsmouth game against a tall centre back. Garner is a great battering ram and a decent hold up player but his weakness is his height, although having said that he does get up well. I think we should concentrate our efforts in looking for a tall striker to win the high balls as an option to Garner as a lot of the football in this league is route one stuff.

Overall I think the squad is a decent blend of youth and experience and we will surprise a lot of people this year, I predict a top half finish with the squad we have and with a couple of additions we could be play off contenders.

I still think Garner will score a shedload this season- and Charlie Jolley looks like an excellent backup. We could bring Lang back too

I assume Coxe will leave due to injury but he would be a coup at this level so hopefully the new owners see the worth in a player like him. Don't rate Gardner one bit, Viv and Fox need new contracts for sure.

Ottabor would be a decent shout in this division, as far as Roberts goes we should offer him a player/coach role, he seems to have the ear of the dressing room and works well with the younger players.

Fox and Cameron look to be developing and with the addition of the young kid from Leicester and our own academy lads should give us enough cover at the back.

Tom James looks to be a decent addition and can play in midfield if needed but I am not sure about Gardner, too many loose passes, maybe one to move on.

I know Jamie Jones has made a couple of bloopers lately, but I would continue with him for the moment as he does have the ability to deal with the pressure whereas Owen Evans is still raw and could buckle under the weight of expectation.

In my opinion we need a decent front man to back up Garner, who struggled in the Portsmouth game against a tall centre back. Garner is a great battering ram and a decent hold up player but his weakness is his height, although having said that he does get up well. I think we should concentrate our efforts in looking for a tall striker to win the high balls as an option to Garner as a lot of the football in this league is route one stuff.

Overall I think the squad is a decent blend of youth and experience and we will surprise a lot of people this year, I predict a top half finish with the squad we have and with a couple of additions we could be play off contenders.

Not fussed about challenging top half, staying up and stabilising this season will do me just fine given what we’ve been through.

Certainly agree on keeping Roberts, brings far more to the table than just playing ability. I assume we’ll be working toward getting through to January and allowing a period of assessment between now and then. I suppose the big unknown as well will be the managerial position.

That Cook bloke is out of work and has a decent track record at this level.

Must admit Arthur I would have Cook back in a heartbeat, but I think the way this was done by the Chinese has knocked the stuffing out of him. He spent the last few years building a side that could actually challenge for promotion only to see it snatched away by two unscrupulous crooks.

It must have been like a hammer blow to the nuts.

Wish him well in anything he does but I fear that the memories of all this will prevent him from returning.

Must admit Arthur I would have Cook back in a heartbeat, but I think the way this was done by the Chinese has knocked the stuffing out of him. He spent the last few years building a side that could actually challenge for promotion only to see it snatched away by two unscrupulous crooks.

Wish him well in anything he does but I fear that the memories of all this will prevent him from returning.

We couldn’t match his salary so he won’t be returning. To be fair proved me wrong in the end and will be awaiting a vacancy at a mid level championship club once the managerial sackings start at say a Middlesbrough, Huddersfield or Wednesday even.

We couldn’t match his salary so he won’t be returning. To be fair proved me wrong in the end and will be awaiting a vacancy at a mid level championship club once the managerial sackings start at say a Middlesbrough, Huddersfield or Wednesday even.

We don't know how the finances will be under a owner and what their intentions are but I do agree that he deserves to be with a side capable of pushing for the play offs in the championship, as he would have been if the two crooks hadn't intervened.

Also, I can’t see him coming on a very much reduced pay packet !

Will we be getting a manager from out of the box ? The Spaniards must have there own ideas I really cant believe they have just jumped in and know nothing about us.