Squad Numbers | Vital Football

Squad Numbers

Davidimp

Vital Football Legend
Guessing they will be announced today?

We've been drip feed a few but not the whole squad.

If you've not got '17 Trialist A' and 'Betting McBet Face' on the back of your shirt already, you're plastic.
Wondering if squad numbers will be at noon, with a signing later this afternoon?

I think they've been wearing their squad numbers in the friendlies already. Number 1 shirt not taken by Ross, so this might be a way of announcing Palmer.

Number 10 not yet taken either, so might be a way of announcing Messi.

Messi, definitely leaving or definitely staying depending what you believe today.
His dad says there's no release clause, but club says there is. Leo says he'll stay because he doesn't want to fall out with them...

Who do you associate with the “Squad Number” 10? (Ie To include player name)

For me, Lee Thorpe- seemed to have it for years when I was younger!

Sorry to disappoint, Jorge Grant has been 10 in the Pre-Season. Perhaps Lionel is changing his number to another one when he joins.

Ah phew, we DO have a No10.
So we don't have to put up with Messi on the bench all season after all.

not a good sign for him, especially when the academy players 31,32,33 are all included.
also, no chapman.

Strange for Jordan when Alex Bradley does have a number.
Bradley could end up at right back tomorrow actually - not considered him.

Strange for Jordan when Alex Bradley does have a number.
Bradley could end up at right back tomorrow actually - not considered him.
with lewis/jackson and possibly even melbourne not available, Bradley is in with a shout.
he was mainly at right back in the friendlies (spent a few minutes at left back), didn't get any minutes in midfield. i thought eyoma did well at right back as well. between those two imo - neither looked too out of place (no evidence of eardley type crossing yet though).

In the tweets today bit disappointed a betting sponsor is on the back? Money is tight and all that I know.

my guess that JAS has agreed a transfer/loan already so is probably not in the squad.

Either that or they cocked up as there is also no number 6

6 could be seen as a weird one to leave but if the '6' i.e. Bridcutt wants another number it might just be one that happens to be spare because others have picked/kept their preferred ones.