Squad for Next Season, Retain, Release or Transfer List? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Squad for Next Season, Retain, Release or Transfer List?

I find it very odd that they've now ruled out Chris Wilder because he's expected to sign a new contract. But Cook has already signed one but they still pap on about him. It's just more journalistic BS.

With sunderlands debt they wouldn't be able to cover the cost of cooks compensation. Rodwell was on 73k a week this season, he'll be on 44k a week next season. They spent 1.2mill on transfers this season. Bringing in close to 30m. They had 125mill of debt when they were relegated from the prem. They have some serious financial issues atm.

I just don't understand the theory that Grigg isn't good enough for the Championship. He has plenty to prove, I agree , but even with all the problems encountered last time, he bagged his 5 goals in his first 11 games in a team that initially struggled to come to terms with the division. But for the panic sacking of Caldwell who knows what might have been. I'm not prepared to judge any player under the regime which followed, that just would not be fair!

Have to admit being dubious as the first signing of the #newera .... but quickly changed my mind.
Almost saw him score a rocket at Rochdale (the one where he pulled up afterwards) and finally rewarded with the goal against Blackpool. Had a great time singing about him at Fleetwood away too.

Did he ever receive his Vital Wigan 2015/2016 Player of the Year trophy ?

Top marks again to the Media team for the send off.
https://www.wiganathletic.com/news/...atics-supporters-as-he-moves-to-rochdale-afc/

MacDonald will be like a new signing and he defiantly has the ability, Jamie Walker and Cole will be like new signings, we signed some players for the championship in January at good prices. We just need Walton or Robles back here and our left back position sorted. A winger with championship experience would be ideal too.

Sad to see Perks go. A truly honest professional. I hope he takes away many happy memories of his time at Wigan as I am sure we will all have our own happy memories of his time with us. Good luck for the future.

I was somewhat dubious about his signing but he certainly proved me wrong, especially in his first season. Superb professional. Witnessing his only goal at Blackpool made up for being soaked to the bone in that monsoon. Brilliant stuff. Right decision however for him and the club to move on and he'll bring a lot to Rochdale.

Everyone loved Perks, but i think it's best for him to move on. He wasn't going to even get on the bench next season unless we had lots of injuries so he might as well go and get some first team football before he hangs up his boots. Good luck to him.

Sad to see Perks leave, but probably for the best as his chances of getting on the bench let alone regular football for us next season are slim. We probs offered him a 1 year deal, whereas Perks himself probably wanted a two year deal which Rochdale offered to him. Plus his departure frees up room on the wage bill for new signings.

Wish him well, an excellent free transfer who served us superbly in his 3 seasons with us especially in first season when he won player of the year. Hopefully we play the Dale at DW in a cup tie next season or alternatively in a pre season game to give fans a chance to thank him for his service and say farewell.