Spy drones over Slough | Vital Football

Spy drones over Slough

G

Council Spends £24,000 On Spy Plane With Heat Sensitive Cameras To Spot Illegal Immigrants

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote about the shanty town which has sprung up on the site of the former Hendon FC ground in North-West London.

No one should have to live in this kind of insanitary squalor. But camps like these are going to become increasingly commonplace as Britain opens the doors to 26?million from Romania and Bulgaria next January.

If they’re lucky, they manage to scramble up the housing ladder and settle down in a garden shed somewhere.

All sorts of outbuildings are being turned into illegal dwellings. In Slough, Berkshire, the council has spent £24,000 hiring a spy plane equipped with thermal-imaging cameras to track down hundreds, possibly thousands, of immigrants who are believed to be sleeping in garages and converted coal bunkers.

In just two hours, homing in on body heat, the drones identified 210 suspicious ‘sheds with beds’. None of these places have planning permission or comply with fire regulations.

‘We will be able to cross-check and see whether they have valid Energy Performance Certificates, which are required by law for places where people live.

‘If they don’t, we will be speaking to landlords and offering some advice and guidance, and enforcing the law if we need to.
‘One option is to repeatedly fine a landlord for not having an EPC. The fine is £200 a day, making it very expensive for people to continue using the outbuilding.’

Call me simplistic, but how about not letting them in in the first place, problem solved.

Are we now supposed to accept spy drones over our houses, in our skies?

How long before the police start using them? How long before they get fitted with tazers? How long before they are common place? How long before skynet decides we are not worth keeping around?

Another thin edge of a very big wedge.

The police have been using helicopters for years, what's the difference?

I think that helicopters have whirly bits on top and drones have them on the back.
Best check with Murph

lol, ya numpty trekker!

Agreed Steff, we could have limited the influx at the very least.

This country is a door mat.

They should let the TA and Cadets practice their rifle work on immigrants at the docks.

be much cheaper than using these drone things.

Trekker - 25/6/2013 07:30

I think that helicopters have whirly bits on top and drones have them on the back.
Best check with Murph

Police forces seem to be using unmanned helicopters to spot them. The British Army are now using some that can literally fit in your hand!

dont have a problem with it to be honest as long as the costs are justified, same as when the chopper flys above our estate looking for drug dens.

James06 - 25/6/2013 10:50

They should let the TA and Cadets practice their rifle work on immigrants at the docks.

be much cheaper than using these drone things.

Mate your wasted in finance, how much would it cost for you to run for a local mp ??

badge73 - 25/6/2013 11:19

dont have a problem with it to be honest as long as the costs are justified, same as when the chopper flys above our estate looking for drug dens.

I would imagine the costs are considerably lower!!!

I think we should use illigal immigrants as a training tool, so if it's a way of testing drones or training it's operators then fair doo's.

I'd also use them for firing practice as I said above, practising interogation techniques, medical experiments and for sporting gratification, like gladiators (as in coloseum gladiators not awooga/hang tough gladiators).

That should stop the fuckers trying to break in!

James06 - 25/6/2013 13:06

I think we should use illigal immigrants as a training tool, so if it's a way of testing drones or training it's operators then fair doo's.

I'd also use them for firing practice as I said above, practising interogation techniques, medical experiments and for sporting gratification, like gladiators (as in coloseum gladiators not awooga/hang tough gladiators).

That should stop the fuckers trying to break in!

a better idea james, get a few of them and put them in the running man type show with a promise of a passport ... then if ever they complete the course, they go to collect it only to be told the post office is shut :17:

Villan Of The North - 25/6/2013 06:32

The police have been using helicopters for years, what's the difference?

Purchase cost, running costs, availability, ease of use, lack of pilot on scene.

Or in other words, some game geek can sit there flying these, and many many geeks can fly many many drones for the cost of one chopper, this means that instead of one chopper covering a large area, you can have half a dozen drones.

What would justify the cost? Catching a bloke who grows himself some medicinal herb?

Drug dens! I take it you mean people growing herbs, pharmaceutical companies produce drugs, not greenhouses.

Again, what justifies the cost, what justifies the extra spying in the country with the most spied upon population?

Or do you believe that the Gov are just looking out for our welfare :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19:

As a law abiding citizen - I'm not really arsed.

I just wish they would use the information they gather to actually do something worthwhile and make a difference.

Yes but James if you had gone another 0.5 mph faster you would no longer have been a law abiding citizen.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not pro a big brother style state, I've read 1984!

whilst I'm pleased for those who figth against it, good on them, it is what it is, they way we live thesedays.

As I say i just wish they'd put it to good use and take action.

steff_the_villan - 25/6/2013 15:37

What would justify the cost? Catching a bloke who grows himself some medicinal herb?

Drug dens! I take it you mean people growing herbs, pharmaceutical companies produce drugs, not greenhouses.

Again, what justifies the cost, what justifies the extra spying in the country with the most spied upon population?

Or do you believe that the Gov are just looking out for our welfare :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19:

last time it was out over our way the other night, 4 people were arrested for possession and supplying cocaine so hardly medicinal unless they were dentists ..... :17:

As someone who likes to get an all over tan in my garden, the helicopters are bad enough, they seem to hang around more than they should when I'm sunbathing, at least I can hear them coming, are'nt drones silent?