Spurs | Vital Football

Spurs

Rexn

Vital Champions League
Now Spurs have been knocked out of the Champions League, surely we should be looking at a new date for the fixture? We know that there can not be any more FA Cup replays from here on in.

The Champions League dates are the obvious ones but the first of the semis is the week after the FA Cup semis and fears over cutting up the pitch make the week before that questionable. The other Champions League date is just before the last weekend of the season, which could favour us if Spurs have already ensured a top 4 place. Those semi dates could give Sky a chance to get it on TV.

On the other hand, if Spurs win the quarter final, they will also have to rearrange their fixture with Brighton.

10th/11th April looks the most obvious date to me althguoh 8th/9th May might be better for us.

I think I read somewhere, that irrespective of whether spuds got thru or not, UEFA stipulate that no domestic top league game (at least in England; Italy; Spain and Germany) takes place on the same night as a champions league game. TV; rights; advertising and money rule.

In that case, assuming Spurs beat Swansea in the cup, they have a narrow window to fit in 2 games.

OK so 9th May. All being well, Spurs should have got Champions League qualification confirmed and could be in an FA Cup final. With their fixture congestion, we could be playing the reserves.