Spurs - What do you own? | Vital Football

Spurs - What do you own?

D

Departed

I've dropped several rather blunt hints to my daughter that I would like the sterling silver Spurs cufflinks for Father's day this year.

I also have the 2013 blue training pullover with the lime green trim that I really like and a scarf I never wear.

My brother has given me a couple of jerseys over the years but I never wear them.

What Spurs stuff do you own that you would never part with?

Well let me caveat this by saying, when I get around to visiting London again, I plan on spending a good amount of money on Spurs Swag!!!

I currently own:
-Scarf
-Pint Glass (second most used item)
-Coffee mug (most used item)
-2 jerseys (16/17 white & away I think)
-random clothes (hoodie, t-shirts)

1. Tattoo.
2. Coffee mug.
3. The best one a newspaper collection put into a book, dating over a 100 years of spurs history, for a weeding anniversary present.
4. Still got a Spurs shirt from the 09 season, but never wear now.

I ditched my membership. oops.

)I carved this fifty years ago when I was an apprentice carpenter . I cut out the cockerel from the front page of the Spurs match day programme from the sixties .( They were only 2 old pence back then )

Then stuck it on a piece of off -cut mahogany and started whittling .
It's something I will never part with .
My biggest regret was losing the entire collection of the double year programmes ,home and away . They were stored in my parents loft and when they moved , my Mum, bless her , thought they were a bag of rubbish and threw them away !,,,,,,
Apart from that , it's the usual collection of shirts etc although I do have a complete ticket ,with the tear- off section for the European cup winners cup game with FC Gornick that we won 8-1 but I couldn't go to through illness.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Thinking of those programmes , they used to print the details of the following weeks away game . You could , and I did with my mates , simply turn up at the Spurs ground on the Saturday morning and get on a coach to see the away game . Just pay the driver( I think) . No pre booking . At the away ground you just queued up at the turnstile and paid to get in . You had to be back on the coach half an hour after the game finished , or it went without you.
Can you imagine that happening now , what a different world it was back then .
That's the other thing I own that I can never part with .....memories

1. Tattoo.
2. Coffee mug.
3. The best one a newspaper collection put into a book, dating over a 100 years of spurs history, for a weeding anniversary present.
4. Still got a Spurs shirt from the 09 season, but never wear now.

I ditched my membership. oops.
The newspaper collection must be a fantastic thing to have . Have you ever read it all ? What a fantastic present .priceless

Spurs lanyard(s) - loads!
Spurs silver bottle cork
Spurs Cufflinks
Personalised Coffee mug x 2
Original prints from the last two decades.
Two full squad signed shirts from charity auctions, got very pissed, spent far too much on them, but will never regret it.

A couple of shirts, one signed by Glenn Hoddle and the other signed by most of the team from a few years ago.
Assorted books, especially Spurs Go Marching On
Used to have a couple of pennants and a mug

about 10 jerseys oldest is with holsten
random clothes like rain jackets, hoodies, t-shirts, polo shirts, gloves, hat
10 scarves
a flag in my office
8 drinking glasses
couple of mugs
wodka bottle with my name which i got as a present
spurs bed cover for my son
actually my daughter, son and godchild also have quite a few spurs clothes which i bought them. Usually spend to much in the fanshop when there.

Original 1981 Yellow Le Coq Sportif cup final shirt bought from the spurs shop! (not a modern replica!)
Bought for my 8th birthday by my uncle who was a season ticket holder.
I got the Sky Clue centenary shirt that year as well (or was that 82?) after cleaning the old mans car for weeks on end.
I cant upload the files as they are too large!
The yellow one was so cool to wear up the park!!

I own several mugs, caps, towels, scarfs and shirts; the oldest being a Holsten shirt of 1989/91, which I now use as a pillow case. Whilst donned in my Spurs cap in early 2000’s, I had the unexpected pleasure of meeting Bill Brown, goal keeper of our 60/61 double team. He sat next to me introduced himself & we chatted for 15-20 mins. He kindly autographed a page in the literature I was reading. He was a gentleman, who sadly passed a few months later.

Two holsten kits, one purple one white.
Our last Under Armour home kit. A signed Aaron Lennon picture someone got for me when they met him at some corporate event a few years ago... He was my favourite player for a while, always felt if he could shake injuries he'd move up a gear but he never really did.
Various scarves... A flag from Webley.

A homemade kind of pop up book from my 10 year old niece with pictures of the entire squad and various stats and things she'd researched on the internet as well as lyrics to some of our chants (the non PG ones).

That carved cockerel is great WW. Would love something like that.

Two holsten kits, one purple one white.
Our last Under Armour home kit. A signed Aaron Lennon picture someone got for me when they met him at some corporate event a few years ago... He was my favourite player for a while, always felt if he could shake injuries he'd move up a gear but he never really did.
Various scarves... A flag from Webley.

A homemade kind of pop up book from my 10 year old niece with pictures of the entire squad and various stats and things she'd researched on the internet as well as lyrics to some of our chants (the non PG ones).

That carved cockerel is great WW. Would love something like that.

Cheers Fruend , I actually carved two , the one in the picture is my second one . The first one went missing . I was eighteen at the time and in my third year of my apprenticeship . As most eighteen year olds , living in London in the late sixties , we had a lot of parties . The one that I had carved first got nicked at one of these parties , I suspect it was a closet Gooner ! , so there is another one out there somewhere . The second one was never left on view at parties after that ! It's fifty years old now .
You probably know , but the original cockerel that perched on top of the East Stand was taken down down a few years ago and replaced with a fibreglass version . The original was then placed in the entrance hall to the beloved White Hart Lane . I had my photo taken hugging the cockerel and holding my carved version , on my old blackberry phone which doesn't work anymore . I need to find someone to do a recovery job on it . Always something to do .......ha ha

Cheers Fruend , I actually carved two , the one in the picture is my second one . The first one went missing . I was eighteen at the time and in my third year of my apprenticeship . As most eighteen year olds , living in London in the late sixties , we had a lot of parties . The one that I had carved first got nicked at one of these parties , I suspect it was a closet Gooner ! , so there is another one out there somewhere . The second one was never left on view at parties after that ! It's fifty years old now .
You probably know , but the original cockerel that perched on top of the East Stand was taken down down a few years ago and replaced with a fibreglass version . The original was then placed in the entrance hall to the beloved White Hart Lane . I had my photo taken hugging the cockerel and holding my carved version , on my old blackberry phone which doesn't work anymore . I need to find someone to do a recovery job on it . Always something to do .......ha ha

You need your own tech department.

As far as the gooner stealing your cock it was probably to shove it as far up his own arsenal as possible. Probably not allowed to say that though.

I own several mugs, caps, towels, scarfs and shirts; the oldest being a Holsten shirt of 1989/91, which I now use as a pillow case. Whilst donned in my Spurs cap in early 2000’s, I had the unexpected pleasure of meeting Bill Brown, goal keeper of our 60/61 double team. He sat next to me introduced himself & we chatted for 15-20 mins. He kindly autographed a page in the literature I was reading. He was a gentleman, who sadly passed a few months later.

Richmond , i was lucky enough to meet Bill Brown and Dave Mackay when they came to give us a training session when I was playing for Walthamstow Boys at the George White ground in Topspurs "Manor" in E17. Wonderful people who gave so much back to the 'ordinary folk' . I would love to know that this sort of thing still happens , but I doubt it

You need your own tech department.

As far as the gooner stealing your cock it was probably to shove it as far up his own arsenal as possible. Probably not allowed to say that though.
Thanks 80 , I'm not renown for my I.T. Skills am I ,!,!! :slap:
I think it was Freund who posted on here very recently about the old codgers scratching around for a three o clock stream on fire sticks. I am the founder member of that club .....ha ha .
As far as the closet Gooner is concerned , I hope it caused him eternal constipation and the utmost damage .
I struggled for days trying to attach the photo , trying to cut and paste and watching while nothing happened , no matter what buttons I pressed, until I realised what the "attach files" box was for :wahey:

My pride and joy is a wooden clock my assistant's husband made for me--cockerel on a ball which is the clock part. Framed Nicholson quote. Spurs LEGO sets. Lots of scarves. Aurasma jersey, and a Sheringham third jersey from '96. Christmas cards and a letter from Levy on the shelf. Some shirts from some local supporters clubs. Golf shirt that I never wear but can't throw out. Autographed shirt from the 2014-15 squad.