'Spurs Should Target Bale' - Wright | Vital Football

'Spurs Should Target Bale' - Wright

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
Tottenham should try to re-sign forward Gareth Bale, says former Arsenal striker and BBC pundit Ian Wright.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523319">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Yes yes yes. I said on here a few weeks ago that I hoped we were stockpiling cash for this very reason I would rather 1 bale than 4 squad players. Do we not have a clause in the contract that we have 24or48hrs to match any offer recieved for bale in order to get him back I remember reading this the time he was sold.

Even if we put aside his endless injuries, the transfer fee and his wages, he is not the type who would take on the challenge of taking an outsider club to glory(I wonder if those players still exist).

Bale moved on, and it's time fans do the same.

Pollo - 8/8/2017 09:05

Even if we put aside his endless injuries, the transfer fee and his wages, he is not the type who would take on the challenge of taking an outsider club to glory(I wonder if those players still exist).

And that is the end of the fairy tale.

80deg16minW - 8/8/2017 10:19

Pollo - 8/8/2017 09:05

And that is the end of the fairy tale.

Bale is now an established top-class player, should the unthinkable happen (and I think it's probably a couple of seasons away before it does), they'll be oil-rich clubs that would out-bid us in every single aspect - he'd be on sums we'd all wet our knickers at, and so would the club.

It's a fantasy, a pleasing one, but that's it.

He has his medals. He owes us and should return on realistic wages to repay what we did for him regarding injury and development. We showed a lot of loyalty.

Having said that his injury situation worries me.

At RM he is not a hero. With us he could be.

Nick Real Deal - 8/8/2017 11:10

He has his medals. He owes us and should return on realistic wages to repay what we did for him regarding injury and development. We showed a lot of loyalty.

He can realistically earn 300k a week, why would he go for a 3rd of that? And 85 million pounds more than repaid for his development.

Anyway I wouldnt sign any player who misses 4 months every season.

Surely after a certain point money is secondary. How much does he need ?

At the end of a career he can look back as either a mercenary or a hero. The money shouldn't matter anymore.

Nick Real Deal - 8/8/2017 11:32

At the end of a career he can look back as either a mercenary or a hero. The money shouldn't matter anymore.

If only that were true!

Pollo - 8/8/2017 11:29

He can realistically earn 300k a week, why would he go for a 3rd of that? And 85 million pounds more than repaid for his development.

Anyway I wouldnt sign any player who misses 4 months every season.

His agent Jonathan will be looking for around £400-500k per week.,....

Even talking about him re-joining us is the stuff of deranged minds.

Bale won't look back on his career and see anything other than his CL winners medals with Real. I think any romantic move back to the PL to see out his career will come when he's far past his best football, same with Ronaldo. Plus in this market, what's he worth? £120m? £150? He is a shite sight better than Coutinho who's being hyped up to £120m by the media. This is without even factoring wages in, no way we will pay the monopoly money to even get to talks.

A Footballer is only loyal to his bank account.

This is the only subject that tempts me to lock a thread.

Nick Real Deal - 8/8/2017 11:32

LOL he has his medals and now will earn as much as he can from the rest of his days. Maybe winning the PL is on his list of achievements, if so then who knows who he would join but it wont be us. Only city, chavs or utd could pay him what he wants.

Personally, I would like to see him go elsewhere this season and lose out to us for the PL Championship.

:15:

Bale likes an injury too much.

Harry R. said as much in his book, Harry thought they'd cured him of that mental problem as a kid, doesn't seem to have lasted though.