Spurs representing England RIP | Page 2 | Vital Football

Spurs representing England RIP

Sterling is playing shite so perhaps we will get him as part of the kane deal...Spursey and I for the love of me cannot see what is so special about Sancho ....our midfield is young upcoming and strong.

So what is Englands best formation and team?

I can't stand playing with 3 CBS.

GK Henderson

RB Walker
RCB Maguire
LCB Stones
LB Chilwell

DM Rice
CM Mount
AM Foden

RF Sterling
ST Kane
LF Sancho

I'm one different

Hendo
Walker, Stones, Maguire, Chilwell
Rice, Mount
Sancho, Foden, Grealish
Kane

From what I've seen live, Sancho isn't the most natural protector of his full-back so playing ahead of Walker in his City role makes sense. Then it really is up to Mount, Grealish and Foden to interchange and have some fun with Chilwell on the overlap.

As for Kane, he either gets out of 3rd gear for the first time in 2021, or his tournament will be a lot different than people think.

So what is Englands best formation and team?

I can't stand playing with 3 CBS.

GK Henderson

RB Walker
RCB Maguire
LCB Stones
LB Chilwell

DM Rice
CM Mount
AM Foden

RF Sterling
ST Kane
LF Sancho
I completely agree regarding 3 CBs. What makes it even stranger is one of England's most impressive areas of quality is in the attacking midfield/forward area. I would be setting the team up to get as many of them on the pitch at once. Having that extra CB takes so much away from what should be good about the current England team. If Southgate wanted to be defensive with a back 4 he could always play a more defensive RB and then a more solid CM such as Henderson to sit beside Rice.

He sets up in a way that you can only select 2 of Rashford, Sancho, Sterling, Mount, Grealish, Foden, Greenwood, Madison etc. It just seems silly to me.

I'm one different

Hendo
Walker, Stones, Maguire, Chilwell
Rice, Mount
Sancho, Foden, Grealish
Kane

From what I've seen live, Sancho isn't the most natural protector of his full-back so playing ahead of Walker in his City role makes sense. Then it really is up to Mount, Grealish and Foden to interchange and have some fun with Chilwell on the overlap.

As for Kane, he either gets out of 3rd gear for the first time in 2021, or his tournament will be a lot different than people think.

Yeah I nearly went with Grealish. Can't disagree with your team.

I completely agree regarding 3 CBs. What makes it even stranger is one of England's most impressive areas of quality is in the attacking midfield/forward area. I would be setting the team up to get as many of them on the pitch at once. Having that extra CB takes so much away from what should be good about the current England team. If Southgate wanted to be defensive with a back 4 he could always play a more defensive RB and then a more solid CM such as Henderson to sit beside Rice.

He sets up in a way that you can only select 2 of Rashford, Sancho, Sterling, Mount, Grealish, Foden, Greenwood, Madison etc. It just seems silly to me.

I think it comes down to Southgate being an ex CB. It's a home from home for him.

Did anyone get a 'Spurs' feeling about the game last night?

This was a team of players, fighting for their opportunity to be included in the tournament team. They should have looked mobile, hungry and happy to be there.
Instead they looked labored, disinterested, lacking movement and confidence to try anything interesting.

There is one common denominator for the two teams and he is showing why he can score as many goals as he likes, he effects everyone else on the pitch by not playing as a CF.

Yeah I nearly went with Grealish. Can't disagree with your team.

Although, Grealish properly fluffed his lines last night.

Was very happy to see Keane giving Kane a bashing at half time. Great to see Southgate haul him off as well. Finally, people are starting to see that he's not playing in top gear and making the runs a striker should.

Did anyone get a 'Spurs' feeling about the game last night?

This was a team of players, fighting for their opportunity to be included in the tournament team. They should have looked mobile, hungry and happy to be there.
Instead they looked labored, disinterested, lacking movement and confidence to try anything interesting.

There is one common denominator for the two teams and he is showing why he can score as many goals as he likes, he effects everyone else on the pitch by not playing as a CF.

Southgate is the other common denominator, although he hauled Kane's arse off that pitch. That doesn't happen at Spurs.

Can't believe Southgate put Saka on the left and Grealish on the right. It was as if he doesn't watch and PL games.

?? Southgate isnt Spurs manager :-)

You hit the nail on the head above regarding the runs he doesnt make. Even my Liverpool mad son who tells me to stop being so negative has started to see it. He couldnt believe that with Trent (Best crosser in the world in his eyes) getting into space and crossing opportunities so easily to begin with, Kane would pull back and loiter on the edge of the box rather than aim for space in the box.

If i was Pep, OGS or Tuchel i would be worried because that england team should have an essence of City/Utd/Chelski with all the youngsters who are heavily involved in their teams. This is what Kane is doing to Son, ND, Dele, Lamela etc.

?? Southgate isnt Spurs manager :-)

You hit the nail on the head above regarding the runs he doesnt make. Even my Liverpool mad son who tells me to stop being so negative has started to see it. He couldnt believe that with Trent (Best crosser in the world in his eyes) getting into space and crossing opportunities so easily to begin with, Kane would pull back and loiter on the edge of the box rather than aim for space in the box.

If i was Pep, OGS or Tuchel i would be worried because that england team should have an essence of City/Utd/Chelski with all the youngsters who are heavily involved in their teams. This is what Kane is doing to Son, ND, Dele, Lamela etc.
I'm more worried that Pep and others are looking at Kane and having second thoughts. I'd much rather we cash in now while we can and reinvest/rebuild.