Spurs players break rules again... | Vital Football

Spurs players break rules again...

Spursex

Alert Team
Spurs forced to again remind players of social distancing guidelines as Serge Aurier and Moussa Sissoko train together

The pair have agreed to donate to the NHS after Instagram posts showed Aurier running shuttles and sitting next to his midfielder team-mate

By Matt Law, Football News Correspondent 21 April 2020 • 6:18pm
Premium

TELEMMGLPICT000229944193_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqkOwR0iP77jSmoq9t8DUmdpQsVRaCoQpr36eFkCSX_9Q.jpegimwidth=480

The post appeared to show Aurier flouting social distancing rules for a second time in the last two weeks Credit: PA

Tottenham Hotspur have been forced to issue yet another reminder to their players to follow Government guidelines on social distancing after Serge Aurier videoed himself training with team-mate Moussa Sissoko.
Aurirer and Sissoko have apologised for the incident and promised to make a donation to the NHS to demonstrate their support during the coronavirus crisis.
Right-back Aurier ignored social distancing for a second time in the last two weeks by posting videos on his Instagram account that showed him running shuttles and sitting next to midfielder Sissoko.
Aurier, who was wearing a mask, has now deleted the videos and issued a joint statement with Sissoko that read: “We recognise that as professional footballers we have a responsibility to be role models, particularly during this uncertain period that everyone around the world is facing.
“We wish to apologise for not setting the right example here. We must all respect the government advice to minimise the number of lives lost during this pandemic. We cannot thank NHS staff enough for their tireless work at this time and we shall both be making a financial donation to show our support for their efforts.”
TELEMMGLPICT000229945779_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqrFIscsuCdgeR9G1RTqnSdIkK2LOYNg65LHQzho7nsZ8.jpegimwidth=480

This still, from a now deleted Instagram post, shows the two players training together
Having apologised and agreed to make a donation to the NHS, it is not thought Aurier or Sissoko will be fined at this stage. But that is a route the club could pursue if players continue to break distancing rules.
Earlier this month, head coach Jose Mourinho was pictured holding a one-on-one training session in north London with midfielder Tanguy Ndombele.
Mourinho was forced to admit his mistake, saying his "actions were not in line with government protocol".
On the same day, Ryan Sessegnon and Davinson Sanchez were filmed running side-by-side, while Aurier has also posted a video of him running with a friend.

Government guidelines state that people can only exercise outdoors on their own or with members of the same household. Mourinho has moved into a rented house in North London with members of his coaching staff in a bid to keep working away from Tottenham’s training ground.

Tottenham’s squad are yet to agree wage cuts or deferrals, three weeks since chairman Daniel Levy called on players to accept reductions.

Mourinho is believed to be open to the idea of deferring or reducing part of his salary, but has been waiting to see what happens with his players so as not to interfere with their negotiations.

Spurs have also held talks with former manager Mauricio Pochettino about reducing the payments he is due under the terms of his dismissal.

Great attitude, but they are the 2 weakest links in our lineup.

Unfortunately, no amount of training in the world can make up for their lack of football brains and poor technical skills.

“We wish to apologise for not setting the right example here. We must all respect the government advice to minimise the number of lives lost during this pandemic. We cannot thank NHS staff enough for their tireless work at this time and we shall both be making a financial donation to show our support for their efforts.”
TELEMMGLPICT000229945779_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqrFIscsuCdgeR9G1RTqnSdIkK2LOYNg65LHQzho7nsZ8.jpegimwidth=480

Clearly whoever writes Aurier's press statements for him has more of a brain. Doubt whether Serge could string three sentences together.

Great attitude, but they are the 2 weakest links in our lineup.

Unfortunately, no amount of training in the world can make up for their lack of football brains and poor technical skills.

Well done , a football related point. I agree with Aurier being a glaringly obvious weak link. I am not so sure about Sissoko. Some have suggested we have missed him during the period of his injury. The ongoing question of what he provides is not easily answered. His work rate and ground covering at pace being possibly his best assets either in attack, transition and defence.

Well done , a football related point. I agree with Aurier being a glaringly obvious weak link. I am not so sure about Sissoko. Some have suggested we have missed him during the period of his injury. The ongoing question of what he provides is not easily answered. His work rate and ground covering at pace being possibly his best assets either in attack, transition and defence.
Also agree about Aurier, but not Sissoko. If Sissoko is one of our two weakest links, that means we have 9-10 better in their positions. With three or four obvious exceptions, I'm not sure who the others are.

I think our training centre has re opened for individual players to use on a rotational basis. One player at a time per pitch.

he's said his barber and he both tested negative before the haircut... I notice many of our other players have fresh trims but weren't dumb enough to put it on social media.
So what's going on in his head? He trains in public twice knowing full well he'll be spotted. And then he puts the haircut photo on social media to draw further attention to himself. Is he looking for a way out and trying to force the club's hand?

This is the same man who used homophobic slurs against former manager and teammates on a live stream with fans. I genuinely don't think he thinks about consequences, much like when he goes for a slide tackle in the area.

Wife has cut my hair three times and doing well...hell think it may be better than barber...saving my money from now on.

Buy a set of clippers you jackass!!