Spurs Player Ratings - Season and by game | Page 9 | Vital Football

Spurs Player Ratings - Season and by game

Words and mouth there, if there is still a smidgen of hope, it most certainly "aint over till the fat lady sings" COYS with everything crossed lol!

Against Everton.

Lloris 7, Aurier 5, Toby 6, Dier 6, Davies 5, Winks 7, Sissoko 5, Loco 6, Moura 5, Son 6, Kane 5.

For once, mine would be quite different in places

Lloris 7, Aurier 6, Toby 6, Dier 7, Davies 6, Winks, 7, Sissoko 6, Loco 8, Moura 4, Son 5, Kane 6

I think it is easy to miss Loco's influence on that game. He was tenacious and demanded the ball. My MoM. Also liked Kane's intelligence and passing. Quality is permanent.

Even Aurier, he scrapped all night with Digne and kept their best player mostly quiet. That deserves credit.

For once, mine would be quite different in places

Lloris 7, Aurier 6, Toby 6, Dier 7, Davies 6, Winks, 7, Sissoko 6, Loco 8, Moura 4, Son 5, Kane 6

I think it is easy to miss Loco's influence on that game. He was tenacious and demanded the ball. My MoM. Also liked Kane's intelligence and passing. Quality is permanent.

Even Aurier, he scrapped all night with Digne and kept their best player mostly quiet. That deserves credit.
I was shocked. Aurier certainly played his part in the win. He put in what was for him an untypically dogged display this evening. If only he could replicate that performance week on week.

Today I would not give anyone above a 5.That game was so dull.Listening to commentators they could not find anything good about the game and neither can I.I like lo Celso play but hated his diving and constantly moaning try to get the other team booked

In The Times Lo Celso, along with Moura, were the only Spurs players to get a 5. All the others got a 6. Seriously? Moura fair enough. But Lo Celso as the joint-worst player?

I was shocked. Aurier certainly played his part in the win. He put in what was for him an untypically dogged display this evening. If only he could replicate that performance week on week.

Defensively he was almost rock solid, but going forward he was too hesitant and lacking in quality. If only he could put both halves of what a wing-back together in one game, he'd be top-class!

My ratings

Lloris 8 (way past due that he showed some anger and passion), Aurier 6 (probably his best defensive performance so far), Toby 7 (was the ball playing sensible one that Dier needed next to him), Dier 7 (another outstanding performance after the 'mare of his last one), Davies 4 (too slow, too often had space ahead of him that he ignored and went bakcwards or gave the way away), Winks, 8 (masterclass in how to hold the ball and do the simple stuff well), Sissoko 4 (again, gave the ball away too much and lacked quality on the ball), Loco 6 (not his best game and failed with his forward passing), Moura 3 ( no end product to anything he seems to do) Son 4 (still looking bang average for most of the time since his comeback), Kane 5 - fed on scraps, put the effort in, but could have done better on a couple of half-chances)

Jose = 6 his tactics were entirely about not conceding as was his game management, tedious to watch, but effective.

Defensively he was almost rock solid, but going forward he was too hesitant and lacking in quality. If only he could put both halves of what a wing-back together in one game, he'd be top-class!
I honestly didn't think he had it in him, to defend that is.

On his day he can be a real menace going forward however he needs to work on his delivery.

My ratings

Lloris 8 (way past due that he showed some anger and passion), Aurier 6 (probably his best defensive performance so far), Toby 7 (was the ball playing sensible one that Dier needed next to him), Dier 7 (another outstanding performance after the 'mare of his last one), Davies 4 (too slow, too often had space ahead of him that he ignored and went bakcwards or gave the way away), Winks, 8 (masterclass in how to hold the ball and do the simple stuff well), Sissoko 4 (again, gave the ball away too much and lacked quality on the ball), Loco 6 (not his best game and failed with his forward passing), Moura 3 ( no end product to anything he seems to do) Son 4 (still looking bang average for most of the time since his comeback), Kane 5 - fed on scraps, put the effort in, but could have done better on a couple of half-chances)

Jose = 6 his tactics were entirely about not conceding as was his game management, tedious to watch, but effective.
I think that's a little harsh on Son. He had three good shots on goal and one not too far away. It was his run into the penalty area that caused the havoc leading to the goal. Moura had one shot all night and that didn't hit the target. I can't remember Kane having any. Son was our only real goal-scoring threat.

I think that's a little harsh on Son. He had three good shots on goal and one not too far away. It was his run into the penalty area that caused the havoc leading to the goal. Moura had one shot all night and that didn't hit the target. I can't remember Kane having any. Son was our only real goal-scoring threat.

I recall one decent shot, but again apart from that he had better options through-out the game so I thought his decision making and his control with the ball at his feet in good positions was too cumbersome and allowed himself to be closed down when a head up play and crisp passing would have been more telling and likely more punishing, three times he was in that position and three times in my view he took the wrong decision.

A 3 for Moura is a bit harsh. He took part in white a bit of defensive play and put in a decent shift.

But to no effect, I'm tired of his lack of a poor last ball that breaks down an attack or just nothing coming from his effects, he really just isn't good enough anywhere on the pitch for me.

But to no effect, I'm tired of his lack of a poor last ball that breaks down an attack or just nothing coming from his effects, he really just isn't good enough anywhere on the pitch for me.

He put in two crosses into the box when Aurier got hauled off against Sheffield. They were right into the danger area of the 6 yard box.

He put in two crosses into the box when Aurier got hauled off against Sheffield. They were right into the danger area of the 6 yard box.

I rewatched the game, his overall decision making and contribution is hardly worth the effort at times, two crosses both no where near we needed them to be, isn't great.