Spurs Player Ratings - Season and by game | Page 5 | Vital Football

Spurs Player Ratings - Season and by game

At Middlesbrough the ratings for the 2 subs were highest both on my own opinion and quiet a few reports.
Gazza 5, Aurier 5, Toby 4, Vert 3 , Dier 4, Sess 4, Eriksen 5, Winks 4, Alli 3, Moura 6, Son 3, Loco 6, Lamela 7.
These are my scores but taking into account others.
As usual Lamela is impressing on his way back from injury to the point where when he is fully fit he could force his way into starting games, he will play a few.....then get injured again, that's the pattern we know.

These aren't my scores as I haven't yet watched the game/highlights, but thought they were an interesting contrast from yours:

They are from Game.com

Gazza: 5.9
Dier: 5.4
Toby: 6.2
Vert: 5.0
Aurier: 7.3
Sess: 5.9
Eriksen: 3.3
Winks: 5.8
Alli: 4.9
Moura: 8.8
Son: 6.5

Lamela: 5.7
Lo Celso: 6.9

These aren't my scores as I haven't yet watched the game/highlights, but thought they were an interesting contrast from yours:

They are from Game.com

Gazza: 5.9
Dier: 5.4
Toby: 6.2
Vert: 5.0
Aurier: 7.3
Sess: 5.9
Eriksen: 3.3
Winks: 5.8
Alli: 4.9
Moura: 8.8
Son: 6.5

Lamela: 5.7
Lo Celso: 6.9

Always interesting to see perspective comparisons

Gazza let a goal in which he actually got to and deflected it into his own net, he also made some good reaction saves with his feet. But the one he let in is going to suppress his overall rating for me.

Dier had a non descript game and looked ponderous, being as it was against a championship team , an average performance becomes below average for me.

Toby and Vert as above.

Aurier had little end product until the cross for the goal, he out in countless poor deliveries. The 5 I gave him is 2 points higher due to the assist !!

Sess again showed too much caution and seemed overawed by having Alli and Vert breathing down his neck to take the ball off him.

Despite Eriksens poor corners he was more involved and passed better than some of his poor contributions of late. Maybe my 5 was a tad high.

Winks got the hook and was not at his best, he seemed a bit agitated.

I was harsh on Alli because we know he can do much better. He was trying but nothing seemed to work.

I gave Moura a 6 which was for his attacking play, not his defensive efforts. Well taken header pretty much unchallenged.

I wasnt surprised Son was rusty but again it was a championship side.

I rated the subs quite high too.

Overall it has to be remembered who we were playing when rating the players.

Always interesting to see perspective comparisons

Gazza let a goal in which he actually got to and deflected it into his own net, he also made some good reaction saves with his feet. But the one he let in is going to suppress his overall rating for me.

Dier had a non descript game and looked ponderous, being as it was against a championship team , an average performance becomes below average for me.

Toby and Vert as above.

Aurier had little end product until the cross for the goal, he out in countless poor deliveries. The 5 I gave him is 2 points higher due to the assist !!

Sess again showed too much caution and seemed overawed by having Alli and Vert breathing down his neck to take the ball off him.

Despite Eriksens poor corners he was more involved and passed better than some of his poor contributions of late. Maybe my 5 was a tad high.

Winks got the hook and was not at his best, he seemed a bit agitated.

I was harsh on Alli because we know he can do much better. He was trying but nothing seemed to work.

I gave Moura a 6 which was for his attacking play, not his defensive efforts. Well taken header pretty much unchallenged.

I wasnt surprised Son was rusty but again it was a championship side.

I rated the subs quite high too.

Overall it has to be remembered who we were playing when rating the players.

The only comment I'm able to make on that at the mo is that you just can't take into account who you play in the FA cup as we've seen countless times how clubs who shouldn't live with you, stand up and play was above themselves in Cup games and often manage to get the rub of the green because of it.

Across 5 or more reviews , Eriksen was rated our worst player. Rose next.
This is a reflection of my own and others.
Gazza 6, Aurier 5 , Toby 6, Sanchez 6.5 , Tanganga 7, Rose 4, Eriksen 3, Winks 5, Alli 5, Moura 7, Son 4, Loco 6, Lamela 6.5.

Across 5 or more reviews , Eriksen was rated our worst player. Rose next.
This is a reflection of my own and others.
Gazza 6, Aurier 5 , Toby 6, Sanchez 6.5 , Tanganga 7, Rose 4, Eriksen 3, Winks 5, Alli 5, Moura 7, Son 4, Loco 6, Lamela 6.5.

That's very tough on Winks. Not easy playing in this setup and he stuck at it.

Saying that, I don't expect the football ignoramuses that work in the press to spot an unsung hero in a game of football. They're all about the visible stuff.

Saying that, I don't expect the football ignoramuses that work in the press to spot an unsung hero in a game of football. They're all about the visible stuff.
I guess I'm a football ignoramus because I agree with the rating. I was watching him closeley last night and was really disappointed with his contributon - at least until Eriksen went off. The game larely passed him by but he didn't look to get involved enough. I thought he was invisible but not in a positive way that you suggest. What was the invisible stuff he did so well?

In the first half our defenders were desperately looking for an out ball to our CMs but neither Winks or Eriksen offered themselves. Eriksen I get - he just wants to stay free of injury. But Winks should be looking to take more responsiblity. He's 23. He's not a rookie any more.

In his defence though - and it's been said many times by many people - he is not a defensive CM which is where he is generally been asked to play. But if he was pushed further forward, what are his real attributes? What are his standout qualities that other players have? If I was an opponent I wouldn't be worried about seeing Winks line up against me.

Winks has been hung out to dry for 2 years Mutters. Considering he isn't a natural defensive player he really does give it ago.

Winks has been hung out to dry for 2 years Mutters. Considering he isn't a natural defensive player he really does give it ago.
So going forward, where would you see his best position? And what would he bring to that position? I'm really not trying to be down on him at all but I just don't see what others see in him. When he gets praise on here, it's generally along the lines of 'he sets the tempo', 'he keeps things ticking over', 'he keeps things simple' etc,. But these are vague generalisations to me. When I think of most of our players, and ignore their weaknesses for the time being, they all have a few specific qualities that mark them out as players. Qualities you would expect in a team that was and aspires to be top 4. Nothing in Winks jumps out at me. I'm interested in what you and others have to say. I definitely seem to be missing something.

I have tracked back over the reviews and other than the players that are leaving ie Eriksen and Rose there is not much of a pattern. Aurier is perhaps showing a lower rating trend more so than others.

I have tracked back over the reviews and other than the players that are leaving ie Eriksen and Rose there is not much of a pattern. Aurier is perhaps showing a lower rating trend more so than others.

Yeah I agree...I thought Aurier played quite well. Dele's 5 is a bit generous as well...

There is know way Lucas was as good as Japhet. Yes he showed energy but held onto the ball to long was far to selfish and lost the ball a lot . I have said before a lot of people love these sorts of player believe I do the really good ones who are only selfish when there is know other option . Lucas and Son are not like them I would hate to play in the same team as them .

Middlesbrough replay average over 5 ratings.

Gazza 6.5, Tanga 7.5, Sess 6.5, Sanchez 5, Vert 6, Winks 6, Dier 6, Eriksen 6, Loco 7.5, Lamela 7.5, Moura 6.5,

My own Gazza 6, Tanga 8, Sess 6, Sanchez 5 , Vert 6, Winks 5, Dier 5, Eriksen 5, Loco 7, Lamela 7 , Moura 6.

With Winks, Dier and Sanchez rating lowish it's a worry because our defence is an issue.

Middlesbrough replay average over 5 ratings.

Gazza 6.5, Tanga 7.5, Sess 6.5, Sanchez 5, Vert 6, Winks 6, Dier 6, Eriksen 6, Loco 7.5, Lamela 7.5, Moura 6.5,

My own Gazza 6, Tanga 8, Sess 6, Sanchez 5 , Vert 6, Winks 5, Dier 5, Eriksen 5, Loco 7, Lamela 7 , Moura 6.

With Winks, Dier and Sanchez rating lowish it's a worry because our defence is an issue.

Winks was worth at least a 7 last night - was always looking to move the ball quickly forward, admittedly he was another who lost energy in the second half, but still managed to be our most successful passer with 71/79 of which 48 were forwards, and an 86% accuracy in the final third - where it got very squeezed and tight for space.

he was also our best tackler with 4 attempts and 4 wins.

IN fact, you've badly underrated his contribution last night in my view, all the rest, I can agree with..

Winks was worth at least a 7 last night - was always looking to move the ball quickly forward, admittedly he was another who lost energy in the second half, but still managed to be our most successful passer with 71/79 of which 48 were forwards, and an 86% accuracy in the final third - where it got very squeezed and tight for space.

he was also our best tackler with 4 attempts and 4 wins.

IN fact, you've badly underrated his contribution last night in my view, all the rest, I can agree with..

Maybe he quietly went about his business without me noticing much. I like it when he drives forward but he seldom does lately. Certainly didnt disgrace himself, but it was against championship opponents which is why I didnt get carried away with anyone.

Against Watford a mix of an average from 4 reports plus my own.
Gazza 8, Aurier 6, Toby 6, Vert 5, Tanganga 5, Winks 5, Loco 6, Alli 5, Lamela 5.5 , Moura 4.5 Son 4.5.

Against Watford a mix of an average from 4 reports plus my own.
Gazza 8, Aurier 6, Toby 6, Vert 5, Tanganga 5, Winks 5, Loco 6, Alli 5, Lamela 5.5 , Moura 4.5 Son 4.5.

I'll list the ones I disagree with;

Toby a 6.

Vert 3 (looks worse and worse)

Winks 6.5 - worked his arse off against giants

Lo Celso: 6.5 - excellent in tight spaces, but was playing with Lamela who could see a pass

Lamela: 3.5 just dreadful for 90% of the game.

Alli 6 - tries, but had no one moving for him at all for most of the game.

Son 3.5 - by far his worst display yet

Moura 6 - did better than most and created some nice angles, but along with the rest was too static in the final third

Gedson 6 : yet to really see, but looks promising

Eriksen 7: looked like he'd make something happen

Ratings against Norwich average across 5 reports.

Hugo 6, Aurier 7, Toby 6.5, Vert 5.5, Sess 4.5, Winks 6.5, Loco 8, Alli 7.5, Son 6, Moura 5.5, Lamela.5.5, Dier 6.
My own not much different.
Hugo 6, Aurier 6, Toby 6, Vert 5, Sess 3, Winks 6, Loco 8, Alli 7, Son 5.5 Moura 5, Lamela 5, Dier 6.

I have been generous with Alli perhaps due to the goal .

Last edited: