Lucas 6
Kane 5
Son 6.5

Subs
Sanchez 6
Sessy 6
Delli not applicable

AC 8.5

set up both chances that hit the post and won the foul that lead to Reggie goal.

Not saying he was worth a 9 but in the creativity vacuum that is Spurs front line he was at least trying to make things happen and nearly did on a couple occasions.

Yeah, my point was more how the media think when they make their ratings, Concede a penalty and have an amazing game and you will still get a five. Have a mostly average game but get in the goals / assists and you'll get 8 minimum. I'm always left wondering whether they do their ratings by watching the 5 mins on MOTD or YouTube.

Lloris 7 - V solid performance, no spectacular saves needed to be made but did what he should do well.

Emerson 5 - Was targeted and struggled. Been better lately than he was on this, beaten too easily for their goal.
Japhet 7 - solid
Dier 8 (MOTM) - played very well, interesting to see him carrying the ball forward from defence more. Wonder if that was due to lack of anything in front of him or a deliberate move by Conte.
Davies 6 - Fine.
Reggie 6.5 - Not a great game bar the goal, but was on that ball 2x faster than anyone else. Can tell it gave him confidence. I actually bet on him and Kane to score as I think he's going to flourish under Conte, sadly the post and Kane let me down.

Hojbjerg 5.5 - took the goal well but had a shocker first half. Gave the ball away and feel like he didn't win a single challenge. Better 2nd half but miles off it
Winks 7.5 - Was a little surprised to see everyone calling for him to get the hook on twitter at half time, seemed to be the only one actually winning the ball back and cutting out attacks.

Moura 6 - Gave it away loads but did create both chances that hit the post. If he wasn't being hacked down every time without Leeds players getting punished could have maybe been more consistent. Def needs to work on his passing and first touch though, looks rusty.
Kane 6 - covered 2nd most ground. Was trying much harder. Doesn't look sharp enough though.
Son 5 - In a rough patch, needs a screamer to go in to get his confidence up.

Subs
Sanchez 7 - Very solid. Won almost everything. Helped take any sting out of Leeds attack in final stages.
Sess 6 - Hope to see more of him under Conte. Nice to see him return.

Too funny. Moura had the lowest pass completion rate (64%) of any outfield player and gets a 9.
I raised the 9 rating with the journalist on The Times and he replied:

"I didn't notice him too much in the first half to be honest, but I thought he was absolutely outstanding in the 2nd half, Tottenham's best player. But I never defend ratings too ardently because it's impossible to watch every second of the match and accurately rate each player while writing a piece at the same time. So if you thought he wasn't worth a 9, you're probably right."

I raised the 9 rating with the journalist on The Times and he replied:

"I didn't notice him too much in the first half to be honest, but I thought he was absolutely outstanding in the 2nd half, Tottenham's best player. But I never defend ratings too ardently because it's impossible to watch every second of the match and accurately rate each player while writing a piece at the same time. So if you thought he wasn't worth a 9, you're probably right."

It's quite frustrating trying to compile a semi serious calculation of player performance when the source of the data is done on a whim without too much thought.

Was Moura really only worth a 4 or 5 ? I haven't finalised the forum ratings yet, but I have 10 media web ones and locked them in. Forum ratings can be edited by posters until tomorrow if they want to.

Was Moura really only worth a 4 or 5 ? I haven't finalised the forum ratings yet, but I have 10 media web ones and locked them in. Forum ratings can be edited by posters until tomorrow if they want to.
I'm sticking with my 5. In the first half I thought he was very poor. The worst player Spurs player on the pitch. He caused us more problems than Newcastle with his continued loss of possession. And he offered very little support in either our attacking or defensive passages of play.

He was much, much better in the second half. But then so were the whole team. I don't think there was a great deal of improvement in terms of quality but there was a 100% increase in intensity. And they pushed up as a team. Moura started to get in and around the penalty area. PEH and Winks continually pushed forward and were much closer to the forwards. As were the wing backs. It made all the difference. And I saw a stat that said we were only the second team this season that outran Leeds. Although that might have been just for the second half.

But my assessment of Moura is based on all aspects of his performance over the 90 minutes.

v Leeds

Hugo - 6

Tanga - 6 (Sanchez - 6)
Emerson - 5.4
Dier - 6
Davies - 6
Reg - 6

Hoj - 6.5
Winks - 6

Moura - 5.6
Son - 5
Kane - 5.4

Conte - 8.

When we conceded, got a shot of Conte and the expression was one of near resignation with this lot. But he stood firm and acted on it at half time. Second half is the sign of things to come. This was a collective effort and therefore the result meant a lot to ALL. Let that sink in and be a reminder how we need to start our games. Passion?...."For Sure" !!!..... Bring it on!

Bit late i'm afraid - a very bad back is making life just a tad of a struggle at the mo, so my apologies;

v Leeds

Hugo - 6

Tanga - 6 (Sanchez - 6)
Emerson - 4.5
Dier - 7.5
Davies - 6
Reg - 6

Hoj - 4.5
Winks - 7.5

Moura - 6.5
Son - 5
Kane - 5.5

Conte - 9

Average player ratings v Leeds across 9 forum posters and 10 media/ web reports. Forum first column, media second, combined 3rd.

Lloris 6.72, 7.20, 6.97
Royal 5.66, 5.90, 5.78
Tanganga 6.38, 6, 6.18
Dier 7.50, 7, 7.23
Davies 6.33, 6.30, 6.31
Reggie 7.11, 7.35, 7.23
Hojbjerg 6.38, 6.95, 6.68
Winks 6.88, 6.15, 6.50
Moura 5.72, 7.60, 6.71
Son 5.61, 6.55, 6.10
Kane 5.94, 6.55, 6.26
Sanchez 6.33, 6.55, 6.44
Sess 6.05, 6.15, 6.10

Conte 8.05.

Mom on forum was Dier at 62.5 % which corresponds to the forim ratings .

Bit late i'm afraid - a very bad back is making life just a tad of a struggle at the mo, so my apologies;

v Leeds

Hugo - 6

Tanga - 6 (Sanchez - 6)
Emerson - 4.5
Dier - 7.5
Davies - 6
Reg - 6

Hoj - 4.5
Winks - 7.5

Moura - 6.5
Son - 5
Kane - 5.5

Conte - 9

Sorry Ex, I already locked in before yours came up.

I know its painful and some didn't see it. I have 6 media web ratings and I think that's enough. I will put my ratings up shortly.

My ratings v Mura.
Gollini 5, Tanganga 5, Ssnchez 3.5, Rodon 4.5, Doherty 3, Sessegnon 1, Skipp 6, Dele 3, Ndombele 5.5, Gil 3, Kane 7 , Moura 5, Dier 5.5, Son 5, Davies 5, Hojbjerg 5.
Conte 3.

My Ratings v Mura
Gollini 5
Tanganga 5
Sanchez 3
Rodon 3.5
Doh 3
Sessegnon 1
Skipp 6.5
Dele 3
N'Dombele 4
Gil 3
Kane 6
Subs...Lucas 4, Dier 5, Son 4, Davies 5, Hoj 4.5

Conte 4.5

Ratings vs Mura

Gollini 5, Doherty 2, Rodon 5, Sanchez 2, Tanganga 6, Sessegnon 1, Skipp 6, Dele 1, Ndombele 2, Gil 1, Kane 6.5, Lucas 4.5, Dier 6, Davies 6, Hojbjerg 5
Conte 5

Lowest ratings I've ever given, can it get any worse.

Ratings vs Mura

Gollini 5, Doherty 2, Rodon 5, Sanchez 2, Tanganga 6, Sessegnon 1, Skipp 6, Dele 1, Ndombele 2, Gil 1, Kane 6.5, Lucas 4.5, Dier 6, Davies 6, Hojbjerg 5
Conte 5

Lowest ratings I've ever given, can it get any worse.

I agree with this completely. No changes so you can include S&J’s ratings times 2 Nick if you wish.

v Mura

Golli - 5

Doherty - 4
Tanga - 5
Rodon - 5
Sanchez - 3
Sess - 2

Skipp - 4
ND - 2

Dele - 2
Gil - 3
Kane - 5