Spurs Player Ratings 2021/ 22 | Page 7 | Vital Football

Spurs Player Ratings 2021/ 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Times:

H Lloris 7 — E Royal 6, E Dier 6, C Romero 7 (D Sánchez 83min), S Reguilón 6 — T Ndombele 7 (O Skipp 62, 6), P-E Hojbjerg 8, D Alli 6 — G Lo Celso 6 (B Gil 62, 6), H Kane 6, Son Heung-min 6.

V Chelsea
Lloris 6.5
Royal 5
Romero 5.5
Dier 7
Reguilon 5
Hojbjerg 6
Lo Celso 5
N’Dombele 6.5
Dele 5
Son 5
Kane 5

Skipp. 5.5
Gil 5
Sanchez. N/a

Nuno 5

vs chelsea

Lloris 7.5, Royal 5.5, Dier 7 Romero 5.5, Reguilon 6, Ndombele 6.5, Hojbjerg 6.5, Dele 6, Lo Celso 4.5. Son 5 Kane 5, Skipp 6, Gil 6, Nuno 5.5

- Lloris goes from pretty much the worst against Palace to the best against Chelsea. Worrying to have a GK that inconsistent.
- Chelsea are too good a side to be an accurate benchmark but so far I can't get the slightest bit excited about any of the new signings. I fear that they will be a continuation of the mediocre or unsuccessful signings that we have made over the past three years. It would be nice to see one or two players proven in the PL joining the ranks.
- Saddens me to be giving Kane and Son such poor ratings every week, but short of them having individual moments of brilliance, things are unlikely to change given the midfield service that they are getting.

I have collated the ratings across 9 forum and 9 media. I will publish later when I work out the combined Average. One player was noticeably under rated by the media compared to us.

Average player ratings v Chelsea across 9 forum posters and 9 media/ web reports. Forum in first column, media second and combined in third.

Lloris 7.22, 7.33, 7.27
Regulion 4.83, 5.44, 5.13
Dier 7.33, 6. 22, 6.77
Romero 6.05, 6.27, 6.16
Royal 5.38, 5.94, 5.66
Hojbjerg 6.33, 6.55, 6.44
Ndombele 6.50, 6.22, 6.36
Dele 4.77, 5.22, 5
Loco 4.94, 5.33, 5.13
Kane 4.05, 5, 4.52
Son 4.83, 5.38, 5.11
Gil 5.16, 5.77, 5.47
Skipp 5.83, 5.77, 5.75
Nuno 5.72

Forum MOM was Dier on 52.9% which corresponds with forum ratings but not the media/web who thought Lloris was our best performer.

Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
Average player ratings v Chelsea across 9 forum posters and 9 media/ web reports. Forum in first column, media second and combined in third.

Lloris 7.22, 7.33, 7.27
Regulion 4.83, 5.44, 5.13
Dier 7.33, 6. 22, 6.77
Romero 6.05, 6.27, 6.16
Royal 5.38, 5.94, 5.66
Hojbjerg 6.33, 6.55, 6.44
Ndombele 6.50, 6.22, 6.36
Dele 4.77, 5.22, 5
Loco 4.94, 5.33, 5.13
Kane 4.05, 5, 4.52
Son 4.83, 5.38, 5.11
Gil 5.16, 5.77, 5.47
Skipp 5.83, 5.77, 5.75
Nuno 5.72

Thanks for your input.

WOW! Kane self assessed and also by Levy @ 150 Mill is averaging 4.52.

Based on these ratings, any replacement for HK under 20 mill would've rated higher than this.

Bow your big head Harry, give yourself an upper cut and waken from this slumber that you believe to be acceptable.

Wolves

Gollini 8 - did the business when it mattered

Japhet 7 - our new hard man
Romero 5 - shaky
Sanchez 5 - stay at centre half next time you play, you were all over the place
Davies 7 - back to being solid

Skipp 6 - tidy, but not as imposing as we need
Ndombele 6.5 - good performance....but
Dele 7 - nice assist, better on right, but we still need more

Gil 7 - growing into this season
Kane 5 - effort levels still insulting me
Gio 5 - struggling early season, hope he can snap out of it

Subs
Son 6 - looked out of sorts, but hopefully the 30 mins will help him be ready for NLD
Hojbjerg 5.5 - wrong sub, the club has a new Ben Davies
Reggie 6 - great penalty

Nuno 7 - 2 wins against Wolves this season. Brave line-up again.

v Wolves

Wolves

Gollini 7.5 - think he could have done better, needs to be more commanding in his area, but made his mark when it mattered in the shoot out

Japhet 7 - he has to be our no.1 Wingback

Romero 5 - Not impressed for a man who was voted best CB in Italy, hopefully will improve.

Sanchez 4 - Nightmare, too many aimless runs but little discipline when it mattered, Being his CB partner when he's like this must be infuriating.

Davies 7 - I'd pick him over Reggie as of now, played well

Skipp 6 - worked hard, but he needs better composure at times.

Ndombele 6.5 - Another improvement in only his 3rd game back, defensively, he has alot to learn, going forward he gave them nightmares. As 80 said after all the kicks he received he'll be in the ice bath all day today.

Dele 6.5 - perfectly weighted through ball for Kane, should have had two possibly even three assists and a goal himself - he's improving and his confidence is looking to be returning - need much more of the same before he's off the hook

Gil 6 - his movement and mobility made a huge difference early on, faded later but definitely on the improvement curve now

Kane 5 - well-taken goal, but still look uninterested at times and slow off the mark.

Gio 5 - looked good first 25-30 minutes then went badly downhill - if he's to make an impact his fitness levels will have to dramatically improve, as will his passing.

Subs

Son 5 - this was more to be viewed as a fitness run out, no impact but did put in one great cross

Hojbjerg 5.5 - pointless sub, did nothing but drag us back

Reggie 6 - earned his corn with a well-taken pen.

Nuno set us up well, would like to see him act earlier when the game changed but it's a good win for him and us.

Last edited:
From the Telegraph:

Tottenham (4-3-3): Gollini 6; Tanganga 6 (Reguilon 90), Sanchez 5, Romero 5, Davies 6; Ndombele 7, Skipp 7, Alli 6 (Hojbjerg 82); Lo Celso 5 (Son 62), Kane 7, Gil 5.

From the Evening Standard:

Pierluigi Gollini 7

Hard to directly fault him for either goal but he was rooted to the spot for Podence’s cool finish. The hero during penalties, saving from Dendoncker.
Japhet Tanganga 8
Would have been relieved not be up against Adama Traore after last month’s match here. Returned from suspension with another aggressive and purposeful performance.

Cristian Romero 5
All at sea for Wolves’ second goal as he failed to cut out Dendoncker’s pass to Podence. Still finding his feet in English football.
Davinson Sanchez 5
Also looked lost for Podence’s goal in a shaky return to the side. He was guilty of a bad mistake when he tried to out muscle Ki-Jana Hoever but lost out to the defender, leading to a big chance.
Ben Davies 8
Enjoying a quiet game until Wolves introduced Adama at half-time. Immediately beaten but thereafter dealt well with his pace and power.
Oliver Skipp 7
Stood out in the middle of the park with a more accomplished display than he managed in the League game here. Looked good in tandem with Ndombele and took the fight to Adama and Co. when Spurs were up against it.
Dele Alli 7
Offered a timely reminder of his technical quality with a superb first-time pass to assist Kane’s goal. Played with more verve and got in the box more than in previous matches this season.

Tanguy Ndombele 6
If his goal was the best of him – a moment of bravery, strength and poise – then he showed his worst with mistakes for both Wolves’ goals. He was both Spurs’ creative hub and a liability.
Giovani Lo Celso 5
Offered next to nothing from the right of the front three, which is clearly not his best position. When he did get free in the box in the first half, he stumbled over the ball and the chance was lost.

Bryan Gil 7
A live-wire who caused Wolves plenty of problems with his old fashioned wing-play but faded. Took his penalty well and helped Davies subdue Adama before moving to the right flank. Looks raw but promising.
Harry Kane 7
Broke his domestic duck for the season with a cool finish in the first half and should have had another after the break with a point-blank header saved by John Ruddy. A step forward but still not at his dominant best.
Subs
Heung-min Son (Lo Celso 61’) 7

Just as you feared a Spurs collapse, the South Korean helped them earn a foothold. Set up a great chance for Kane with a cross and added menace from the left flank.
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg (Dele 81’) 6
Saw a tame penalty saved by Ruddy after coming on to shore up the midfield.
Sergio Reguilon (Tanganga 90’) 7
Introduced to take a penalty – and did the job superbly.

Just shows the journo's are just seeing what they want to see with Kane. They can't hide their biases.

If that performance was a 7, then what has football come to?

Did Son and Reggie deserve a 7 ?

Nope, but what's that got to do with the point I was making?

As it goes, I find it very hard to judge subs. You feel like it's not fair to score them too low as they don't have long, but can't mark them too high for the same reason. Son, at least had 30 mins. As Ex said somewhere else, more important for his NLD fitness than this game.

I admire Reggie minerals to come on late and take that penalty. We need more like that in the camp.

v Wolves

Gollini - 7

Tanga - 7.5
Romero - 6
Sanches - 6
Davies - 6.5

Skipp - 6.5
ND - 7
Lo Celso - 5.5

Gil - 7
Dele - 5.5
Kane - 5.5

PEH - 4
Reg - NA

Sorry, can't bring myself to rate Reg. It would be an insult to the others that put the effort in to to arrive at the shoot-out. Misses the penalty and he gets ZERO?

Golli : 6

Tanganga: 7.5
Sanchez: 5
Romero: 5.5
Davies: 6.5

Skippy: 7
Ndombele: 6 loses points due to his mistakes.
Gio: 4

Dele: 6
Gil: 6.5
Kane: 6

Subs:

Hojbjerg: 4
Son: 5
Reggie: 5

Nuno: 7. Liked the attacking performance 1st half.

From the Times:

Tottenham (4-2-3-1): P Gollini 6 — J Tanganga 7 (S Reguilón 90+7), C Romero 6, D Sánchez 6, B Davies 6 — O Skipp 6, T Ndombele 6 — G Lo Celso 6 (H M Son 62, 7), Dele 6 (P Hojbjerg 82), B Gil 6 — H Kane 7. Booked Ndombele.

I now have 7 media/ web ratings but only 4 forum posters which I understand is difficult due to no TV coverage in the UK. I would appreciate any ratings from posters who did have access. Thanks to those so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.