Spurs and the ‘European Super League’ | Vital Football

Spurs and the ‘European Super League’

Welshtel

Vital Football Hero
The Daily Mail raised the old European Super League issue again. They say.... .....”Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal are part of a secret coalition exploring the possibility of forming an elite competition by 2021”. That’s just 3 years away. Among the other teams involved in the discussion are Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Barcelona, etc etc.

Now ok, I know it’s been mooted before but this is involving teams that have not been that good in the last few years. Do they want to have this to put them higher in the Premier league (because a Super League would take out many of the teams in the league below it) or are they putting themselves forward fancying themselves as the ‘elite’ clubs of the world when in fact, places must be earned where glory is concerned.

Would we want to be taken out of the EPL and have to fly/travel all over to games and many fans not be able to see their team play. And with the main point for me, how would this look at home with, as I would imagine, having a partially filled stadium here?

And how many would presume to be part of any Super League?
Could we opt out of it if we wanted to if we won the Premier title or ended up in the top 4?
Once a Super League is formed, the geography of football would change for each club and how many would have a Super League standard stadium? If you don’t have a good stadium but come in the top 4, would you lose your place in the super league?

There are many questions about this and would premiership clubs have a say in what happens?

The proposal is that no none gets relegated from this league so I can't see how any team gets promoted into it . Jobs for the boys .

It may work for a short time but I believe it would destroy the game, without teams to be able to gain access to it through winning their league I think interest would dwindle.

Without true competition and no one gets relegated, there’s no point to it. Pointless. Top is right.

They are not thinking of anybody else 'only themselves . It will kill the Euro leagues . . Nobody will want to know the also rans
It's a disaster waiting to happen ,

Without the other league it is doom to failure in my book, where are these teams going to attract players from if they kill off these league.
They could revamp the CL into a league format, currently we have 32 teams in the group stages. Maybe if that was split into 4 groups of 8 with the winners of each groups going into the semi final.
At least this way the effect on the leagues would be minimal.