Spurs 2018/2019 squad | Vital Football

Spurs 2018/2019 squad

Real Deal

Alert Team
It's that time of the year again where we are all thinking and talking what our squad will look like next season.

For a bit of fun drop down the squad you would like to see next season. Try to be as realistic as possible.

You are allowed 25 players in total. You are only allowed 22 first team players and only 3 players from our development squad.

GK = Hugo, Vorm,

RWB = KWP, Trippier.
RCB = Sanchez, Mawson.
LCB = Verts, Foyth, Davies.
LWB = Rose, Rico Henry

DM = Dier, Wana.
CM = Doucoure, Winks.

AM = Eriksen, Alli , Iniesta.
RF/LF = Lucas, Pulisic,

ST = Kane, Son.

Youth players = GK = Glover, CB = CCV, ST = Harrison.

Player sales =

GK = Gazza. I can't see him making the grade. I would rather play an academy GK.

RB = Aurier. I expect him to stay but I would sell. He is a dumb ass.

CB = Toby. I would love for him to stay. Still the best CB in the league IMO. I do feel he is off though.

CM = Sissoko. An average player. I have seen players in the lower league that can offer what he does. A waste of wages.

CM = Dembele. Over 3 seasons IMO he was the best all round CM in the premier league. This season I have seen a player with some serious wear and tear problems. He will only deteriorate now. Makes sense to cash in this summer.

AM = Lamela. His final day impressive display doesn't wash with me. Out of 5 seasons he has produced one season where he was consistent and played at a level that was good enough. Time to sell.

LW = N'Koudou. I think there is a good player in there. I just don't think he has the work ethic or mentality to succeed at a club like ours.

ST = Janssen. I like him. He works hard. Has reasonable movement. Good at holding the ball and bringing others into play. For me it was a massive mistake loaning him out and bringing in Llorente. Janssen would have been more useful. However it's obvious he won't get a chance here. Time to sell.

CF = Llorente. Poor signing. Was never going to fit the system. We never played to his strength's. 10 years too late his signing.

New signings =

CB = Mawson. I have been watching the lad in recent months as others have been raving about him. He has impressed me. A good all round CB with good vision. He brings the ball out of defence as well which is a good quality to have.

LWB = Rico Henry. Massive talent this lad. He suffered a serious knee injury towards the end of last year but I would still take a gamble. He has some real athleticism, speed and skill to be a brilliant LWB.

CM = Doucoure. This lad has the potential to be the best all round CM in the league. Strong, athletic, has the ability to tackle, pass and go past players.

AM = Pulisic. Massive talent. A grafter who has technical ability. He has pace and the ability to go past players. He would be a massive asset to our first 11.

AM = Iniesta. A long shot. But if we sell the project to him he could be the difference between winning a trophy or not. He still has a few seasons left in him. With the new stadium I feel a massive name is needed. Make some serious money from shirt sales.

GK: Vorm, [Bettinelli], Gazzaniga
Fullbacks: Rose, Davies, KWP, Trips, Aurier
Def: Verts, Sanchez, [de Ligt], Foyth, CCV
Mid: Dier, Wanyama, Winks, Dembele, [Neves]
AM: Eriksen, Dele, Moura, Son, Lamela, [Sessegnon]
FWD: Kane, [Bale]

That's 26, but de Ligt, Foyth and Sessegnon are free picks.

Incoming: Bettinelli (Fulham), de Ligt (Ajax), Neves (Wolves), Sessegnon (Fulham), Bale (Real Madrid).

Outgoing: Vorm (his choice, not mine), Toby (ditto), Sissoko, N'Koudou, Janssen, Llorente

The risks
It's a youthful central defence and quite a few players with bad injury records (Rose, Wanyama, Dembele, Winks, Bale etc)

The difference from this season
Gareth Bale without a doubt. Getting the full-backs operating at a higher level. That could mean KWP and Rose flying down the wings.

I'd happily keep tweaking the squad but think that 5 in and 6 out with Levy still needing to find net spending in the range of £50-80m is fair. If it doesn't work financially, I'd still want those new players even if it meant reducing the squad down by either Aurier or Trippier and then offloading Lamela to balance the books further.

As for who to promote from our academy, who knows. I've taken a chance on CCV after his impressive loan spells. Not sure what to do with Onomah who is now 21. At the younger age group there's a great battle going on between Barca and Spurs this week. Apparently Barca now want Reo Griffiths because we've been targeting their young midfield maestro, Ricard Puig.

It's that time of the year again where we are all thinking and talking what our squad will look like next season.

For a bit of fun drop down the squad you would like to see next season. Try to be as realistic as possible.

You are allowed 25 players in total. You are only allowed 22 first team players and only 3 players from our development squad.

GK = Hugo, Vorm,

RWB = KWP, Trippier.
RCB = Sanchez, Mawson.
LCB = Verts, Foyth, Davies.
LWB = Rose, Rico Henry

DM = Dier, Wana.
CM = Doucoure, Winks.

AM = Eriksen, Alli , Iniesta.
RF/LF = Lucas, Pulisic,

ST = Kane, Son.

Youth players = GK = Glover, CB = CCV, ST = Harrison.

Player sales =

GK = Gazza. I can't see him making the grade. I would rather play an academy GK.

RB = Aurier. I expect him to stay but I would sell. He is a dumb ass.

CB = Toby. I would love for him to stay. Still the best CB in the league IMO. I do feel he is off though.

CM = Sissoko. An average player. I have seen players in the lower league that can offer what he does. A waste of wages.

CM = Dembele. Over 3 seasons IMO he was the best all round CM in the premier league. This season I have seen a player with some serious wear and tear problems. He will only deteriorate now. Makes sense to cash in this summer.

AM = Lamela. His final day impressive display doesn't wash with me. Out of 5 seasons he has produced one season where he was consistent and played at a level that was good enough. Time to sell.

LW = N'Koudou. I think there is a good player in there. I just don't think he has the work ethic or mentality to succeed at a club like ours.

ST = Janssen. I like him. He works hard. Has reasonable movement. Good at holding the ball and bringing others into play. For me it was a massive mistake loaning him out and bringing in Llorente. Janssen would have been more useful. However it's obvious he won't get a chance here. Time to sell.

CF = Llorente. Poor signing. Was never going to fit the system. We never played to his strength's. 10 years too late his signing.

New signings =

CB = Mawson. I have been watching the lad in recent months as others have been raving about him. He has impressed me. A good all round CB with good vision. He brings the ball out of defence as well which is a good quality to have.

LWB = Rico Henry. Massive talent this lad. He suffered a serious knee injury towards the end of last year but I would still take a gamble. He has some real athleticism, speed and skill to be a brilliant LWB.

CM = Doucoure. This lad has the potential to be the best all round CM in the league. Strong, athletic, has the ability to tackle, pass and go past players.

AM = Pulisic. Massive talent. A grafter who has technical ability. He has pace and the ability to go past players. He would be a massive asset to our first 11.

AM = Iniesta. A long shot. But if we sell the project to him he could be the difference between winning a trophy or not. He still has a few seasons left in him. With the new stadium I feel a massive name is needed. Make some serious money from shirt sales.

RD - I'm not convinced by Alfie Mawson. England have 2 very decent centre halves in Joe Gomez and John Stones. Not sure I would touch any of the others. Mawson and Maguire seem over rated based on them being English. I don't think they would suit Poch's high line and offside tactics especially with roving full-backs. I noticed Poch tried to get Umtiti before Barca snaffled him. I have a feeling de Ligt is the next one and have gone for him but can't say I know too much about him yet.

Love your ruthlessness though :-)

GK = Hugo, Vorm

RWB = KWP, Trippier
RCB = Sanchez, Mawson
LCB = Verts, Foyth
LWB = Rose, Davies

DM = Dier, Wana
CM = Winks, Sissoko

AM = Eriksen, Alli, Lamela
RF/LF = Lucas, Pulisic

ST = Kane, Bale, Son

New CM if Dembele goes but I have no idea who

Anyone really think Bale will take a 75% pay cut?

What you might see is Spurs getting Bale for less than his perceived market value and him getting our biggest ever signing on fee for any player. That way, the salary is calculated lower as he has the money in his pocket already.

That is really down to RM. They can probably get £70-80m and I don't think we'll pay that. My guess is that it's now or never for Spurs to bring back one of our favourites. If he makes another move like PSG or Bayener, he'll never return to WHL.

I'd love to see Bale back as a lilywhite.

I'm in the move on crowd. We have restrictions on our payroll that he would severely impede at a very high risk premium.

No naffing way do I want to see him back.

On the other hand I would contemplate Modric.

The negative side of either coming back is us being seen as a retirement home for ex RM and other supposedly bigger club players.

that would potentially be the case with Modric who will be 33 by time next season starts getting interesting... Bale is 28, just scored 5 in his last 4 and without his injuries would still probably be in the conversation for best players in the world.

I'd love him back, but I'm also very conscious that his reported 500k wages mean that we won't come close to matching what others will offer him. At this stage only way he comes back is if he decides Spurs is worth more than money. I don't see Madrid dropping their asking price to make it possible to do Muttley's idea either, someone will offer them 60M+ and wages to boot. Probably Utd and PSG. Maybe Chelsea if they sell Hazard.

RD - I'm not convinced by Alfie Mawson. England have 2 very decent centre halves in Joe Gomez and John Stones. Not sure I would touch any of the others. Mawson and Maguire seem over rated based on them being English. I don't think they would suit Poch's high line and offside tactics especially with roving full-backs. I noticed Poch tried to get Umtiti before Barca snaffled him. I have a feeling de Ligt is the next one and have gone for him but can't say I know too much about him yet.

I did think about putting de Ligt in. I went for proven Premier league experience instead. ;-)

We are being linked with de Ligt though so could happen.

GK: Hugo-Vorm

CB: Toby-Vert-Snchz-(De Ligt)

LB: Rose-Davies

RB: KWP-Tripp

DM: Dier-Winks-(Rabiot)-Foyth

CM: Eriksen-Dele-(Pulisic)-Lamela

RF/LF: (Bale)-Lucas-Son-(Sessegnon)-(Julian Brandt)

CF: Kane-Crouch

Victor - I am ambivalent to whether he stays or not.

Sissoko - 25m
Llorente - 10m
Aurier - 25m

I just don't see the return on selling Toby now. That is if we can get him to buy into one more season with us. If he can be his best, then if we lose him for 25m or whatever it is next Summer, then so be it. I'd rather have him on the field for us next to Vert opening that new stadium, than not.

Pulisic - I'd make this kid my absolute #1 target. He is everything Poch could hope for in an attacker. Fans will adore him. Pay 50m if necessary.

Sessegnon - Sorry Fulham, but I hope you lose tomorrow.

Bale - Throw around all the reasons why this supposedly is not a good idea, and then just think of him playing with Kane, Eriksen, Dele, Lucas, Son..... This is the type of signing big clubs make, and, not saying it is possible, but it would be fantastic.

Rabiot - Just sign this kid already. He is a ready made replacement for Moose. And he's better. And he's only 23. He'll cost a bunch, maybe 50m.

De Ligt - Another Ajax CB. They make 'em best.

Julian Brandt - Should have got him last Summer. 12 goals & 7 assists for Leverkusen this season, he is really something to watch. He's an outside forward, but has the look of a potential CF. He & Kane together might be something special. If we could get him for 30m in this market he'd be a steal.

Mawson is a lot faster and quicker than Maguire, so he should fit our highline pretty well. I actually think he would shine in our setup as opposed to a team that just sits back like Leicester, which is exactly why Maguire is doing well.

Out: Onomah, GKN, Trippier, Rose, Toby, Sissoko, Dembele, Moura, Lamela, Janssen, Llorente, Vorm/Gazza (anyone of them)

In: Bertrand, Mawson, Neves, Martial, Sess/Traore

Loan: Foyth & CCV.

Put the money on 3 class players,

Keeper: Hugo and either Gazza/Vorm.

RB: KWP and Aurier.
Aurier will be much better after pre-season and both fit our system far better than Tripps.

CB: Sanchez, Verts, Mawson.
Davies is not and will never be a good LCB in our setup.
For LCB, Lucas Hernandez might be too expensive but man is he a great fit a good, a good and cheap shout would be Ake - Great on the ball, quick, fast - but a couple of inches too short for my liking.

LB:Bertrand, Davies
Bertrand walks into our 11 over Davies, only 1 year older than Rose and while not as good as Rose he doesn't have the injury record and is far more consistent.

DM: Dier/Wanyama.

CM: Eriksen, Ali, Neves, Winks
Here's the big one - start playing Eriksen/Ali as CMs.

AM: Martial, Sessegnon/Traore, Son.
If Sess will cost too much then get Traore, that kid tears up defences like nothing - he gave PL defenders real problem 2 years ago. Can beat multiple defenders from a dead ball situation.
Just need proper coaching and learning when to release the ball.

CF: Kane, Reo Griffiths.
Reo can be our very own Rashford if he gets the chance.
Both Martial/Son as covers.

------------------Hugo-----------------------
---KWP---Sanchez---Verts---Bertrand---
-------Eriksen---Dier----Ali------------------
---Martial------Kane-------Sess/Traore----

Last edited by a moderator:
Pollo, to me that looks like a weaker team to this seasons team. It certainly ain't stronger that's for sure.

Although out of everyone's prediction yours is probably most realistic.

Pollo, to me that looks like a weaker team to this seasons team. It certainly ain't stronger that's for sure.

Although out of everyone's prediction yours is probably most realistic.

It's all about being realistic, but I completely disagree with your assessment.

Out: Onomah, GKN, Trippier, Rose, Toby, Sissoko, Dembele, Moura, Lamela, Janssen, Llorente, Vorm/Gazza (anyone of them)

In: Bertrand, Mawson, Neves, Martial, Sess/Traore

Loan: Foyth & CCV.

Put the money on 3 class players,

Keeper: Hugo and either Gazza/Vorm.

RB: KWP and Aurier.
Aurier will be much better after pre-season and both fit our system far better than Tripps.

CB: Sanchez, Verts, Mawson.
Davies is not and will never be a good LCB in our setup.
For LCB, Lucas Hernandez might be too expensive but man is he a great fit a good, a good and cheap shout would be Ake - Great on the ball, quick, fast - but a couple of inches too short for my liking.

LB:Bertrand, Davies
Bertrand walks into our 11 over Davies, only 1 year older than Rose and while not as good as Rose he doesn't have the injury record and is far more consistent.

DM: Dier/Wanyama.

CM: Eriksen, Ali, Neves, Winks
Here's the big one - start playing Eriksen/Ali as CMs.

AM: Martial, Sessegnon/Traore, Son.
If Sess will cost too much then get Traore, that kid tears up defences like nothing - he gave PL defenders real problem 2 years ago. Can beat multiple defenders from a dead ball situation.
Just need proper coaching and learning when to release the ball.

CF: Kane, Reo Griffiths.
Reo can be our very own Rashford if he gets the chance.
Both Martial/Son as covers.

------------------Hugo-----------------------
---KWP---Sanchez---Verts---Bertrand---
-------Eriksen---Dier----Ali------------------
---Martial------Kane-------Sess/Traore----

Wow, that is an innovative CM combi. Not sure if it will work though on the defensive side of the ball, with two lightweights either side of ‘give the ball away, yet another mistake Dier’. I think we’ll get torn many new ones, much like Ossie’s overly attacking choices, back in the day. Got to strike a balance with some strength and athleticism in there, Victor would have to play and if the Moose leaves someone like Doucoure as another option. Interesting though.

Sounds like Onomah will be coming back for next season.

We will sell him if the right offer comes in.

As for Bale, it would a complete waste of money - he’s too injury prone, the goal on Saturday has clouded the judgement of quite a few.

Brilliant player, but what’s the use if he’s never fit ?

Would rather spend a large chunk of sess, even if it means him staying at Fulham for the season.

I must admit Kiny I was all for Ono being sold. However if we use him as a CM I would be interested in seeing him develop.

His strength's are his athleticism, he has some pace which means he can get around the pitch. He has decent control of the ball, a decent touch, his passing is pretty good. He needs work but he is only 21. Instead of buying squad players I would rather us promote the youngsters.