Spurs 1 City 3 - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread | Vital Football

Spurs 1 City 3 - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread

Johnny Baguette

Alert Team
Full Time Stat Attack:
Spurs 1 City 3
Possession: 46% v 56%
Shots: 8 v 17
On Target: 3 v 6
Corners: 3 v 7
Offsides: 5 v 1
Fouls: 11 v 11
Bookings: 3 v 4

Chris Sutton

Ex-Chelsea striker on BBC Radio 5 live

I think you have to give Man City the credit tonight. I've been really impressed with Spurs of late and they came into this game full of confidence. But City showed a lot of pride and character tonight and said in this game why they were champions. We could pick holes in Spurs' performance but we really ought to give City credit. They showed that the last week was really a blip.

Normal service resumed. Never in any doubt as my 1-3 prediction declared...phew. That was intense. Our first goal after 50 minutes since the League Cup Final has broken the curse. That it was Radar Sterling all the sweeter. We have also avoided the horror of the first 4 game losing streak since Stuart Pearce. In the context of ANY season an away win over Spurs is sensational. In the context of the 10 days we have endured it is otherworldly. A win of champions.

Kevin De Bruyne speaking to Sky Sports:

"Today we scored the goals and defended better and we deserved to win it.

"It's been a tough two weeks for us with five games. They didn't have a game for a week and that's the advantage they had. The mental toughness of this team is unbelievable.

"We're almost there, we knew we had to win two of six games. That's not bad odds for us.

"We need to do our thing and hopefully we can finish it off next week."

Raheem Sterling speaking to Sky Sports:

"We needed a big turnaround and from the beginning we started strong. They put us under pressure but we started well.

"I remember seeing the keeper running out and I thought I'd get a touch before him and I got a penalty so I can't complain.

"In the game against Manchester United I snatched a few and didn't take my time.

"Today I tried to take my time and be composed."

Eric Dier speaking to Sky Sports:

We started very poorly today and not how we envisaged starting. It was a big hill to climb once they'd scored their two goals. When it went 3-1, the game was over.

Our mentality needed to be better to start the game in the right way. Man City started on the front foot. Against a team like them, it's difficult if you're two goals behind. We reacted well and at the beginning of the second half we played well too. We didn't have it in us to get back into the game again.

As JB says, normal service resumed and we had some luck for a change with the penalty, but we deserve a bit of luck.

Pep Guardiola speaking to Sky Sports:

"After 15 minutes I said we'd be champions, after what happened and we reacted.

"These guys are fantastic and awesome. What's happened in the last week is so unfair. We have a second chance against Swansea and we're going to try and be champions.

"Today, we've done it many many times and that's why we're in the position we are. I am so so glad to be here and be part of the club. It was so good. The performance was so good.

"[I have a golf game tomorrow. I have three days off and tomorrow I have golf. Golf, my son, friends, tomorrow is golf.

"I will be so happy and I will celebrate but I think United will win (against West Brom). The important thing is that we know we depend on ourselves. We have to win it at home. I am excited to be champions with our fans."

It's a long haul game, not a knockout competition, looks like salah for the PFA player of the year, but that is only because they upped their game on the night and Lady luck was on their side this time.

but Liverpool are 17 points behind having played one more game.

Stretford have to win all their matches and we have to lose all our

MIND THE GAP!

It's a long haul game, not a knockout competition, looks like salah for the PFA player of the year, but that is only because they upped their game on the night and Lady luck was on their side this time.

but Liverpool are 17 points behind having played one more game.

Stretford have to win all their matches and we have to lose all our

MIND THE GAP!

That won't happen on this evidence tonight. I think Johnny has it spot on, there's a better than even chance we'll win all our remaining games.

Normal service resumed. Never in any doubt as my 1-3 prediction declared...phew. That was intense. Our first goal after 50 minutes since the League Cup Final has broken the curse. That it was Radar Sterling all the sweeter. We have also avoided the horror of the first 4 game losing streak since Stuart Pearce. In the context of ANY season an away win over Spurs is sensational. In the context of the 10 days we have endured it is otherworldly. A win of champions.

After the spirit crushing series of results we had experienced this was a massive result and the mark of true champions. The bitter ink of the hacks will have to be diluted a tad this morning and all the foaming haters can crawl back under the rocks where they normally live.

Fantastic and full of character, collective endeavour and individual resilience. They showed their mettle.

League doubles over Spurs, Arsenal (a treble including the League Cup - it’s a stretch but I’ll take it) and Chelsea, defeated the rags on their own patch again and could have secured a point or even the title had the officials done their job last week.....

This result should see belief surging through the squad.

Let’s smash the remaining games and drive home the margin of defeat over Moaning Maureen’s Galacticos

Spurs 1-3 Manchester City Match Stats Plus Player Ratings

A crowd of just over 80,000 witnessed a scintillating City performance under the Wembley floodlights last night.

Blues were hoping to bounce back from a disappointing set of recent results and wow, we were not disappointed.

Let’s not forget, Tottenham had not lost a Premier League fixture since their 4-1 defeat at the Etihad last December.

https://manchestercity.vitalfootbal...chester-city-match-stats-plus-player-ratings/