Spot the massive error... | Vital Football

Spot the massive error...

Impalex

Alert Team
Staff member
...taken from the OS feature on former England internationals who have managed teams we have played:

"Cloughy's' County side were drawn against the Imps in the League Cup in 1967, with a mammoth 23,196 (Sincil Bank's largest ever crowd) entering Sincil Bank for the First Leg, which Derby won 4-0."

Clearly written by somebody who wasn't there!

Actually, three! It was not a two leg tie so the term "first leg" is incorrect. We were at home in the replay (which would, therefore, have been the second leg using their terminology). And, of course, the score

It was a replay as a Stokeimp says.
I have the programme from the game, my uncle gave it to me.

Ok, I've worked out two of the errors.
What's the third?
Or best say what all three are!
(In case one answer is one of the two I know!)

Cannot believe it was over 51 years ago. I went to the 1 -1 draw at the old Baseball Ground and was in the record crowd at Sincil Bank. I can still see Nutter Brown head butting Kevin Hector and getting sent off.

Cannot believe it was over 51 years ago. I went to the 1 -1 draw at the old Baseball Ground and was in the record crowd at Sincil Bank. I can still see Nutter Brown head butting Kevin Hector and getting sent off.

Yep, same here on all that

I was also present at both games. If you remember, the replay was postponed the first week because of thick fog and was played the following Wednesday in the pouring rain!