Sport the whole Shebang | Vital Football

Sport the whole Shebang

ChipButtyBlade

Vital Squad Member
Has anyone else de-scentisised (sp) themselves,from its non existence now,are you prepared to not visit Bramall Lane again until say 2021,i have resigned myself to that possibly happening

The "new normal" what is being talked about is this preparing us for nothing being the same again,sport included,until a working vaccine is made available.

Football matches will not be the same if played behind closed doors,football matches will only go ahead if played behind closed doors due to self distancing "fan"problems in and around stadiums,same for other sports.

I would watch them on TV but would they just mimic training games how do you get excited about games played like that.

Thoughts ?

I’m surprised how easy I’ve found it not having it,first week or two was hard but when the lockdown came full on I had other more important things to worry about and still do to a lesser extent,Saturday has become just another day to me I’ll go back to BDTBL when it’s all done providing I’m here to do so but at the minute I can’t say I’m impatient for it to start up again I’d rather it be safe or safer for everyone before anything starts up again I don’t want us taking backwards steps. I’ve weaned myself of ssn as well as the actual news and feel better for it tbh

I’m surprised how easy I’ve found it not having it,first week or two was hard but when the lockdown came full on I had other more important things to worry about and still do to a lesser extent,Saturday has become just another day to me I’ll go back to BDTBL when it’s all done providing I’m here to do so but at the minute I can’t say I’m impatient for it to start up again I’d rather it be safe or safer for everyone before anything starts up again I don’t want us taking backwards steps. I’ve weaned myself of ssn as well as the actual news and feel better for it tbh

Its a strange situation we are all in,you are right about having more important things to worry about,never felt like this about sport in my entire life,sport limbo.

Contemplating packing in with the away trips, finding other uses for the
£100+ every other week. might sound a little OTT, but I'm enjoying my cycling jaunts............

Contemplating packing in with the away trips, finding other uses for the
£100+ every other week. might sound a little OTT, but I'm enjoying my cycling jaunts............
I found it hard giving them up especially as it happened when it did but like I said earlier I’ve found it surprisingly easy to forego football now,how easy it will be when it returns remains to be seen

I found it hard giving them up especially as it happened when it did but like I said earlier I’ve found it surprisingly easy to forego football now,how easy it will be when it returns remains to be seen

I may feel different when a return is in the offing, if at all, this Season anyway.....

Gamechanger for society this situation.

I don't think so - I think it'll take more than a few weeks of self-isolation, and a few months of semi-isolation to stop people wanting to attend sporting events.

I will happily be one of the first back - even if I do have to wear a mask.
:ninja: :censor:

I said much early one that the clubs hsould get their own face masks in club colours. At least mine are black and not that white or light blue.

I’d like one with a big smile on it. If I was feeling down, I could wear it the other way up and appear sad. Virus protection and a mental health indicator in one.

I'm sure it is not beyond those clever people at Sky (and others) to televise games behind closed doors, with recorded crowd noise to accompany the action.
It's been done with canned laughter on comedy shows for decades.
At least it would sound a bit more exciting than no atmosphere at all.

I'm sure it is not beyond those clever people at Sky (and others) to televise games behind closed doors, with recorded crowd noise to accompany the action.
It has been discussed but, unlike canned laughter, where you know where the laughs should come, the twists and turns of the beautiful game could catch out the sound men- although some of that could be hilarious- much better than what produces canned laughter.

I hate it when comedy shows have canned laughter,it's so false and in my view iit's crap.I can't wait for the return of football and that and bein able to hug and kiss mi grand daughter are just 2 things that keep mi from goin crackers altogether.For me it's just like we're havin the summer(wiout footy)early,let's all get back to BDBL ASAP.Stay safe peeps.UTMPB

Did you see the suggestion that the next season will start after just one week of pre-season training (assume we cover the 92 matches + 7 cup games before
they have that hol)?

I'll watch the games on TV behind closed doors if only to get back to some real action and avoid the endless regurgitation of past top 6 games on Sky and Match of the Day. Oh how Lineker, Wright and Co. love having to only concentrate on these teams at the moment rather than little upstarts like the Blades and Wolves.

As for a new normal I don't see crowds getting back to the same levels until 2021. They are already talking about limiting customers in Pubs and to 2/3 drinks only for the rest of the year. Mind you that may be a good tactic to encourage social distancing in the toilets at half time :LOL:.

Despite the conflicting medical opinion I can see face masks being worn as a comfort factor by some. Maybe the Club could market a red and white version?

As for the future of the Club isn't it just typical Blades that at the height of potentially one of our most successful seasons ever a bloody pandemic comes a long and derails it. Lack of season ticket and Home game revenue is going to hit hard financially in the short term so not expecting us to push the boat out on new signings for some time to come. Hopefully the dispute over the value of the properties between McCabe and SUFC will at least conclude in the next few months to provide some certainty.

Bill Shankly was wrong football is not more important than life or death but I am missing the live match day experience and look forward to its return.