Spennymoor Town | Vital Football

Spennymoor Town

dirtymackemscum

Vital Youth Team
Took time out from all of our turmoil and disappointing season yesterday and took the bairn to Wembley and watch my home town club win the F.A Vase and i've got to say it was amazing..

Booooooo Whitley fan myself ;) haha

I think non league games are just as good, if not better than league games. Whitley won the FA vase a few times, never been to Wembley cos ive only just started getting into non league stuff but the lads that did go have said it was amazing. I will go next time or if any NE team get into the final. Went to the NSC final at St James v Ashington on Wednesday night and it was good. Must be even better for the lads playing in it like. Whitley played like Newcastle so got tonked 3-0 but at least the atmosphere was good.

Well done to Spenny. the seasons worked out well, Darlo won the league and Spenny won the Vase. although if Darlo were allowed to play in the Vase, we would have won it, of course ;)

I went to all three Whitley games at Wembley - each in glorious sunshine. They were amazing days and part of the enjoyment was seeing so many people that you knew. I read there were sixteen thousand at yesterday's game: a lot of them will have been Spenny? I bet it was like a school re-union. It's great when you're part of a horde fully behind a team of lads with no misery, agenda, complaints or frustration. The smaller scale helps of course but wouldn't it be fantastic to have more of a united front at St James'. The last time I remember it approaching this level was when Enrique had to go in goal and Carroll stropped off last season. Brilliant.

The absolute joy of supporting a team was encapsulated for me in the Semi Final first leg of Whitley's third Vase Triumph. We'd spent eight or nine hours on the bus, from a four AM start to get to Poole. There were three hundred of us segregated behind a goal. It was one all, I think, and Bay had a free kick in the last second. The singing had never stopped all match: honestly, it was like three hundred best friends. The young Poole keeper was shaking with nerves and the free kick was fired past him. Absolutely class. What a brilliant weekend!

I think its brilliant, non league football. You can mingle with the players after the game, its not ridiculously overpriced and non of the players are childish kids spitting their dummy out. They work 40-60 hours per week like the rest of us and still play a decent standard of football once/twice per week. (Whitley drew 1-1 with Metalist Kharkov before their EL game against Newcastle).

I go and watch a the odd match up at Tow Law.

Seen both Whitley Bay and last year's winners West Auckland play up there a few times. The last time Bay won the vase they played Tow Law up here and fetched about 250 supporters with them. They were good crack, and Lawyers gave them a good game, only going down 1-0 to a really good Whitley Bay side. If you want to see some half decent football in pleasant enough settings The Northern league has tons of places.

OldLeazes - 5/5/2013 15:06

I go and watch a the odd match up at Tow Law.

Seen both Whitley Bay and last year's winners West Auckland play up there a few times. The last time Bay won the vase they played Tow Law up here and fetched about 250 supporters with them. They were good crack, and Lawyers gave them a good game, only going down 1-0 to a really good Whitley Bay side. If you want to see some half decent football in pleasant enough settings The Northern league has tons of places.

Been to Tow Law a few times, tidy little ground.. was a pain in the arse to find first time around though!

We have got Shildon today and have to be there cos even my little girl has got the bug now,so who am i to disappoint.

Then its the open top bus parade round the town,doesn't get any better than this lol

dirtymackemscum - 6/5/2013 10:18

We have got Shildon today and have to be there cos even my little girl has got the bug now,so who am i to disappoint.

Then its the open top bus parade round the town,doesn't get any better than this lol

Good luck against Shildon, we've got them at Hillheads on Wednesday night. Last game of the season, can't go cos back at work early Thursday morning so will be travelling