Spectrum Versus the League of Conveniently Out-of-Copyright Villains: | Vital Football

Spectrum Versus the League of Conveniently Out-of-Copyright Villains:

BBJ

Father Of The Forum
Jack is our 21 year old grandson, he has autism and he has written his first book. I've read it and it's excellent (in my totally unbiased opinion).
A quick plot summary -
"Dr Chapeau de Guerre’s Institute for Special Robotics is a summer school for teenagers with autism. But there’s something just not right. Is it that detention is having a bowling ball dropped on your head? Is it that Dr Chapeau de Guerre always wears an admiral hat? And what about the hypnotism? Boris, Angus and Loretta have autism, anxiety and don’t always get when people are making jokes but they also might just save the world."
It won't be long until Christmas and this will make a first-class stocking filler.
For those few of you who might be able to come to his book launch here in Dublin this Saturday, I've been told that there will be sticky buns.
For those who can't, the good news is that you can get it on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_13?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=jack+connolly+spectrum&sprefix=jack+connolly%2Caps%2C317&crid=11VIGYMC27TH5
(If the link doesn't work, just putting "Jack Connolly Spectrum" in the search box will also do the trick.)

Attachments

• 22140853_10154848170121766_7384313822620795021_n.jpg
    22140853_10154848170121766_7384313822620795021_n.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 0
mike_field - 1/10/2017 23:59

BBJ what's your biased opinion? lol

In the same way as ULYSSES was the Irish novel of the 20th century, Jack Connolly's opus will undoubtedly take that slot for not only the 21st century but for the entire millennium.

Trekker - 1/10/2017 23:54

I will order a copy forthwith.
Can’t beat a surreal comedic experience!

Thanks, Trekker. And, if you enjoy it, don't forget to do a review on the Amazon site.

Ordered, BBJ and will be here tomorrow.

My son has Asperger's so autism is a subject close to my heart, as it were. Look forward to reading it. I wish Jack every success with the book - just to get it to this stage makes him a bit of a superhero already!

:14:

:1: :1: :1: all round. Jack for getting his book published. BBJ for being the best grandad ever. Trekker and JPA for ordering without question.

Wonderful people all if you.

Fantastic BBJ , Sir Dennis jnr has Aspergers and like JPA it is a subject close to our hearts.

I will certainly order a copy .

BBJ - 2/10/2017 09:29

Thanks, JPA and Heath.
:7:
(That's Vimto in mine, by the way.)

Lol, likewise BBJ - I'm doing this 'Go Sober for October' for Macmillan Cancer Support.

Although I don't like Vimto, so sparkling water for me!

sirdennis - 2/10/2017 10:17

Fantastic BBJ , Sir Dennis jnr has Aspergers and like JPA it is a subject close to our hearts.

I will certainly order a copy .

Thanks, Sir D.
How old is your lad?
(Same question for JPA.)

He's 13, will be 14 at the end of November. I am going to get him to read it too, I will be interested in his reaction/feedback/opinions.

Jack pictured earlier today at the launch of his book.

Attachments

• Jack's book launch.jpg
    Jack's book launch.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 0
Well, I've read it now BBJ, and I have to concur with your opinion - it is excellent!

The plot races along, and I just love the dialogue - so typical of the kind of experiences we have had over the years with Theo (JPA Jr 1) and his friends. Crazy story, loved the ending and I really hope he does manage to do a sequel.

I also really liked (am I weird?!) the 'Bonus' material at the end of the book. I couldn't stop laughing as I just wasn't expecting it, and the dark humour really appeals to me.

Fantastic, really pleased for Jack and hopefully the book will be a real success.

JuanPabloAngel - 16/10/2017 08:33

Well, I've read it now BBJ, and I have to concur with your opinion - it is excellent!

The plot races along, and I just love the dialogue - so typical of the kind of experiences we have had over the years with Theo (JPA Jr 1) and his friends. Crazy story, loved the ending and I really hope he does manage to do a sequel.

I also really liked (am I weird?!) the 'Bonus' material at the end of the book. I couldn't stop laughing as I just wasn't expecting it, and the dark humour really appeals to me.

Fantastic, really pleased for Jack and hopefully the book will be a real success.

Wow!
What a generous review - thank you, JPA.
I'm going to share this on our family Facebook page if you don't mind.
Also, would you be able to do a review (largely copy and paste) on Amazon?

JuanPabloAngel - 16/10/2017 10:01

Of course! Feel free to use and abuse as you wish.

I will head on to Amazon just now.

Thank you - it's a great review.

I also like this one (seeing as I wrote it!).

"This is an innovatively imaginative, frenetically fast-paced, and highly hilarious tale of how plans for world domination by a sinister cabal are foiled by three young autistic heroes. The characters have the most interesting set of names since Charles Dickens brought us Wackford Squeers of Dotheboys Hall.
You can read it at a sitting but will want to return to savour the sublime subtlety found throughout.
Oh, and as a bonus, there is also a (very) brief book of short stories which, in places, will make you laugh out loud."