Spectators | Vital Football

Spectators

simes69

Vital Football Hero
I was going to put this on the EFL thread but it's been locked - maybe this post can be merged in if that thread reopens?

An interesting discussion point from yesterday's easing of lockdown;

There is an additional risk of infection in environments with singing, chanting, shouting or conversing loudly.

This has major repercussions for spectators being allowed back at sporting events, even at Forest Green. It's difficult to see how this can be resolved until COVID is eliminated.

Indeed, when you're not allowed (aloud?) to sing in Church, we're a little way off yet

Not that i imagine everybody would be over the moon with the prospect, but... They could only allow admission to those wearing face masks. I would rather be uncomfortable in a mask at the footy than watching it at home.

Nice PGR reference by the way Simes69 :rotfl:

This has major repercussions for spectators being allowed back at sporting events, even at Forest Green. It's difficult to see how this can be resolved until COVID is eliminated.

I think some people still don't seem to understand COVID-19 will never be eliminated even with a vaccine it will always get some people. It will become just another disease that will claim some lives as has always been the way with humanity.

I have said it all along I can't see any governments letting thousands of fans into events until there is a vaccine or this disease has been around long enough and infected enough people to give us some form of natural immunity like we already have to the Influenza and other diseases. There will be even more lawsuits than people are launching now because that is the modern way and the society we have created for ourselves.

Not that i imagine everybody would be over the moon with the prospect, but... They could only allow admission to those wearing face masks. I would rather be uncomfortable in a mask at the footy than watching it at home.

Nice PGR reference by the way Simes69 :rotfl:

totally agree with you , i've worn a mask for public transport , and keep one in the car if going shopping . I would certainly wear one if it mean going to watch a match . It wouldn't bother me if it became compulsory to wear one even if you your home for any reason .

Surely club merchandise departments across the country are already working on this?!

Judging how most people seem to think that wearing such a mask hanging off the chin is fine when in large crowds I can't see this being accepted as an option to get full capacities back. Nice out of the box thought but really unlikely

A while back we had a thread asking people when they felt football would start with full attendancies. As time has moved on,it would be worth seeing what they think is the case now. I am sticking with my original forecast of 19th September 2020.

A while back we had a thread asking people when they felt football would start with full attendancies. As time has moved on,it would be worth seeing what they think is the case now. I am sticking with my original forecast of 19th September 2020.
Full capacity? Given where we are now, I'd agree with one small alteration - 2021

I'm reckoning January 2021 for full attendances, with a reduced (35-40%, ramping up slowly) attendance from September 2020. Roll on January, see you all at the Bank!

If the vaccine comes to fruition though, might be sooner

Think it will be sooner , Clubs at our level need to give supporters the choice whether to attend or not, and make their own risk assessment. If attendance is limited who decides who the 'lucky' supporters are ? just the 4,000 ST holders would seem unfair on those unable to renew at the first opportunity. Big decision to be made.