Spanish Independence | Vital Football

Spanish Independence

Pope John XXIII

Vital Football Legend
Catalonian separatist parties are set to win an overall majority in their regional elections, in what is being presented as a de facto independence referendum.

The coalition has said it will unilaterally declare independence within 18 months, which the Spanish Government says it will block in court.

Not directly forest related, but this sparks two debates;

if Catalonia declares independence, can Barcelona remain in the Spanish league? Will the club still have quite the same appeal if they are representative of an independent nation and not Spanish? And if they are thrown out of the Soanish league, what does that mean for the dominance of Madrid and Barcelona?

Personally I loathe both clubs and don't see how they could survive in their present form without each other. I personally see it as good for football if they don't.

I think it also raises the second debate if Barcelona could not stay in the Spanish league- should our dearly beloved Welsh clubs be here? I've always thought it ludicrous that effectively foreign clubs, governed by a foreign FA with its on FIFA and UEFA vote could live off the fat of the land in our league

Jimmy Gordon - 27/9/2015 20:34

Why do you loathe Barca and Real Madrid Pope?

Out of interest?

They are absolutely jam packed full of utter self-promoting bullshit.

Madrid were traditionally state sponsored by an unpleasant dictatorship, with little things like rules not generally being allowed to get in the way of their success. They are still effectively state sponsored now, hence why they avoided bankruptcy a few years ago when any other club would have gone to the wall.

Barcelona are little better, being the "unofficial national team" of a very wealthy region of Spain. I despise Tiki-Taka and find it mind-numbing, as I despise the fact that everyone overlooks the vast sums they spend just because a few of their players came from the academy.

The pair of them have sewn up the TV rights market in Spain so much through their individual rights that they have created a virtual duopoly. Athletico managed to do an Aberdeen last year, but apart from that it's a Celtic and Rangers scenario. And yes, I loathe them too.

Good on Manchester United for fooking Madrid about over De Gea- it's about time someone told one of those two odious clubs to fook off

Tika-Taka was absolutely beautiful for a time and I liked that Barcelona resisted the lure of shirt sponsorship so much longer than most.

"Good on man u"????

Can't think of any more loathsome example of a club that make you hate modern football.

This thread is truly woeful Pope.

I mean seriously.

For the record, I'm of a Real persuasion.

Thanks for reading.

Pope John XXIII - 27/9/2015 22:02

Bonzai Tree - 27/9/2015 21:52

"Good on man u"????

Can't think of any more loathsome example of a club that make you hate modern football.

I can- the two I was talking about

Madrid maybe on a par but barca, no chance.

I really think Dougie can get us in the top 6 this season as long as we don't get more long term injuries.

Pope John XXIII - 27/9/2015 20:55

Jimmy Gordon - 27/9/2015 20:34

Why do you loathe Barca and Real Madrid Pope?

Out of interest?

They are absolutely jam packed full of utter self-promoting bullshit.

Madrid were traditionally state sponsored by an unpleasant dictatorship, with little things like rules not generally being allowed to get in the way of their success. They are still effectively state sponsored now, hence why they avoided bankruptcy a few years ago when any other club would have gone to the wall.

Barcelona are little better, being the "unofficial national team" of a very wealthy region of Spain. I despise Tiki-Taka and find it mind-numbing, as I despise the fact that everyone overlooks the vast sums they spend just because a few of their players came from the academy.

The pair of them have sewn up the TV rights market in Spain so much through their individual rights that they have created a virtual duopoly. Athletico managed to do an Aberdeen last year, but apart from that it's a Celtic and Rangers scenario. And yes, I loathe them too.

Good on Manchester United for fooking Madrid about over De Gea- it's about time someone told one of those two odious clubs to fook off

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes!!!! Absolutely concur, odious clubs.

AMJ - 27/9/2015 23:54

Agree with all of that Pope, especially Tiki-Taka, they can keep that s*it.

If Dougie carries on like this maybe we'll be playing them in a couple of years1 :18:

Worth noting that although the idea of 'Tiki-Taka' came about during Guardiola's reign, he didn't promote the idea himself. In fact he's gone on record saying "'tiki-taka is s**t".

A fascinating book on the Barca-Real rivalry is Fear and Loathing in La Liga by Sid Lowe.

For anyone interested in Guardiola then Pep Confidential is a great read too.

Worth noting that although the idea of 'Tiki-Taka' came about during Guardiola's reign, he didn't promote the idea himself. In fact he's gone on record saying "'tiki-taka is s**t".

A fascinating book on the Barca-Real rivalry is Fear and Loathing in La Liga by Sid Lowe.

For anyone interested in Guardiola then Pep Confidential is a great read too.

What on earth is this shit you utter c*****t?