Spain | Vital Football

Spain

alphabet_king

Vital 1st Team Regular
Really struggling to make any meaningful chances in their game against 37th FIFA ranked Iran.

England fans would be going mental if this was England, yet no doubt the same England fans probably claimed Spain were favourites.

Of course Spain will go and beat Iran 3-0 in the second half to show me up here.

They are certainly struggling to make any clear chances. The Kazan crowd are certainly for the Persians.
We all know one goal will do , but where's it coming from ?

Really struggling to make any meaningful chances in their game against 37th FIFA ranked Iran.

England fans would be going mental if this was England, yet no doubt the same England fans probably claimed Spain were favourites.

Of course Spain will go and beat Iran 3-0 in the second half to show me up here.
My thoughts exactly AK, England fans would be slating them something chronic if it was us. Lack of imagination, lack of telling pass, we should be able to break teams like this down etc etc

I think Iran have been a bit unlucky, without VAR the goal would have stood and they have created chances on the break too. Shame as a draw would make the last matches in the group interesting as Morocco are no mugs either.

I think Iran have been a bit unlucky, without VAR the goal would have stood and they have created chances on the break too.

Don't think it would have stood without VAR, Nobby, the linesman gave it offside from the start. They checked with the VAR just in case he'd got it wrong, but the original decision stood.

Don't think it would have stood without VAR, Nobby, the linesman gave it offside from the start. They checked with the VAR just in case he'd got it wrong, but the original decision stood.
I think you'll find that the linesman didn't put his flag up - at least that's what the commentary said, ie he was following instruction not to flag if in doubt.

Now I'm confused, am I right or not?

NURSE !

Wayne's wrong, definitely. Or at least if the commentators did say that, they were wrong. The ref had his arm raised for the indirect free kick right from the beginning, I noticed as I had to point it out to Mrs Madrid who was busy shouting all kinds of things at the telly :censor:

You can also see here in the replay of the disallowed goal at around 4:28 that the linesman's flag goes up as soon as the ball goes in -