Space X / Nasa Launch | Vital Football

Space X / Nasa Launch

• Thread starter Deleted member 13556
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13556

Anyone else see this tonight? The craft went over at 10.15 on a low horizon just below the moon, 5 minutes after the International Space Station!

I completely forgot about looking outside, same with the satellite trains. So what’s the big deal with Musk’s rockets then? Other than being privately funded? Re-usable or the same rubbish since the shuttles were decommissioned?

I saw President Trump , proudly watching the take off.
Keep a lid on it for one thread, will you?

I completely forgot about looking outside, same with the satellite trains. So what’s the big deal with Musk’s rockets then? Other than being privately funded? Re-usable or the same rubbish since the shuttles were decommissioned?

Keep a lid on it for one thread, will you?

I believe the Musk x ones do actually land again so if its the same ones they were trying before then yes, totally reusable. Basically they are claiming a government success when its a private endeavour. To be fair Trump did set up the new joint venture rules.

The rocket is re-usable! After throttle up the rocket comes away from the space craft and parachutes down and lands upright on a drone ship in the Atlantic! Very clever indeed!

Dragon is on its way home...Splashdown off the coast of Florida about 7.40 UK time!

Jeez I thought Wayne was back then - didn't spot the dates at first.

Really clever work SpaceX has done. The landing of the boosters is like something out of science fiction.