Southend's Bentley On Smith's Hitlist?

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
It's being reported that head coach Dean Smith wants to bring Southend United goalkeeper Daniel Bentley to the club this summer.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?449070">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Kentbee

Vital Reserves Team
Hard to know if these sort of stories are not just agents pitching in for their clients but if true then Button must be on his way which would be a shame. By all accounts Bentley would be a very good replacement if we could get him.

RebelBee

Vital 1st Team Regular
Possibly a bit of posturing on all sides - if current players such as JB and DB are stalling on signing new deals then we have to move to cover the positions. I have a feeling we'll lose one of the 2 that are out of contract, if it is Button then Bentley seems a great option if we can get him.

Heard rumours this weekend that BFC had made a very substantial offer to Spurs for Alex Pritchard - not the asking price that was reported but a staggering amount for our club nevertheless. I'm well aware that these things are often nonsense, but this one passed through the 1st layer of my BS filter.

collioure_bee

Vital 1st Team Regular
They wanted eight million for someone who's only ever been out on loan to our division. I'd have him. A better and more finished player than Canos who has a chance of breaking into Liverpool's first team. Shows the difference in the depth and strengths of their squads.