Southampton v Aston Villa - Match Thread, Sat 22nd February, 3pm | Page 39 | Vital Football

Southampton v Aston Villa - Match Thread, Sat 22nd February, 3pm

Yes. It’s a mad season, there’s still a chance there are actually 3 teams worse than us. Though on paper you’d think West Ham would be better

@Wicked Messenger It's easier to change one man than an entire team or senior management. I think there is a lot of shared responsibility for this mess - I don't know who is available but I think with what is at stake Deano has to be the fall guy and should go.

We have to keep Grealish at all costs tbh, he is the difference between struggling for another 5 years and skipping over struggle. The guy is so good we don't even need to have a fully competent team around him our current situation is proof. Just a little bit of quality around him would be amazing, we should be bottom of the table and the only reason we aren't is because we have him. If we had Palace's squad with Jack playing we'd probably be where Sheffield United are.

So basically what I am saying is while I don't agree the result is the same. He deserves to go on performances not on recruitment.

Saw Dan mention me in a comment about a minority of Villa fans kicking off at me and the other Villa on Tour boys yesterday. Don't want to say too much as its going to be dealt with at club level. Despite rumours on Twitter, Max or any of us wasn't physically attacked, rather just some pretty strong verbal abuse and aggression show towards us for absolutely no reason by firstly a guy in the seats, secondly a guy in the toilets at half time. This led to 2 of my mates being ejected for their 'own safety', and also resulted in Max and myself having to move seats to get away. In the end, Max didn't film his usual Vlog and really did spoil our weekend in Southampton.

He's possibly the nicest, normal young lad you would meet, my absolute best mate and some people dislike what he does but it literally affects nobody and sometimes people don't realise what words and abuse like that does to somebody. We've just got back from Southampton but didn't turn out to be a pleasant weekend.

4 quality players as opposed to zero quality players would give a spine to a team.

But we didn't have the numbers in the squad to do that. I would love to have seen us sign some real quality but I guess that would have set us back £200m+ in total and I'm not sure we would have got round this FFP nonsense that way.
I'm not a fan of this buy young and hungry route that we have tried twice now. They may be hungry to progress, but just not good enough to do so. A sprinkling of PL experience could have made all the difference to our season (and I'm not counting Drinkwater in that as he has hardly kicked a ball in 2 years).

I see Tyrone has said next week's Cup Final will be a welcome distraction, if you consider what the potential result could be, it could be the final nail in our coffin, another hammering could totally destroy any remnants of self belief, there are left in the team.

Indeed it could but on the other hand if we defy the odds, perform well and don’t disgrace ourselves, it could provide us with a big fillip and a bit of confidence could be restored......with the rollercoaster that we’re having, who knows what’ll be happening this time next week.

it's a waste of time distraction either way but if we play really really well (and look organised for a change) then we'll have <30 % possession and limit them to just 25+ shots
- if we get lucky and they miss a shit load (like Leicester) then they'll score 3 or so.
Otherwise it'll be a very comfortable and embarassing stroll for City - ultimately it's worthless and we'd have been better off taking a point in the league

some folk are fans of the milk cup so each to their own

and yet clubs play their reserves (or the school kids).
domestic cup comps have little value these days (except to some fans) for large clubs no matter how much you'd like it to be different.

and yet clubs play their reserves (or the school kids).
domestic cup comps have little value these days (except to some fans) for large clubs no matter how much you'd like it to be different.

yes, they do but they still win the cups because of the state of the rest of the teams. Man City won't be putting out a team of kids in the finale that's for sure

It's the League cup 5 of the 19 trophies which make us a famous English football club and distinguish us from that shite lot down the road and round the corner and all but 4 other clubs in England.

You win fuck all for finishing 6th absolutely nothing and football is about winning trophies
Yes I think back to the “glory days” under MON. Some great days and nights at villa park but no trophies we might as well have finished 12th each season

it's a waste of time distraction either way but if we play really really well (and look organised for a change) then we'll have <30 % possession and limit them to just 25+ shots
- if we get lucky and they miss a shit load (like Leicester) then they'll score 3 or so.
Otherwise it'll be a very comfortable and embarassing stroll for City - ultimately it's worthless and we'd have been better off taking a point in the league

some folk are fans of the milk cup so each to their own

It is always a case of IFs with us. I can see nothing but a record cup final defeat. The league is any day more important than the cup and if the players play like they don't give a fuck like they did vs Southampton then I have no hope of us not losing by a huge margin.

Saw Dan mention me in a comment about a minority of Villa fans kicking off at me and the other Villa on Tour boys yesterday. Don't want to say too much as its going to be dealt with at club level. Despite rumours on Twitter, Max or any of us wasn't physically attacked, rather just some pretty strong verbal abuse and aggression show towards us for absolutely no reason by firstly a guy in the seats, secondly a guy in the toilets at half time. This led to 2 of my mates being ejected for their 'own safety', and also resulted in Max and myself having to move seats to get away. In the end, Max didn't film his usual Vlog and really did spoil our weekend in Southampton.

He's possibly the nicest, normal young lad you would meet, my absolute best mate and some people dislike what he does but it literally affects nobody and sometimes people don't realise what words and abuse like that does to somebody. We've just got back from Southampton but didn't turn out to be a pleasant weekend.

I like watching Villa on Tour and always wait to see their video uploads. It will be disappointing not to be able to see their views on such an embarrassing defeat. What I find shocking is how some of our fans can be so hateful towards fellow fans. This incident, and there was another one last season where a fan attacked another with a knife while returning home from an away game if I am not wrong it was after the Blues game? If they really have balls then why don't they fight hooligans from other clubs and kill each other. The less we have of such people the better for society.

We have so many of such fellow fans on facebook who absolutely cannot stand an opposing view.

Hope he has them on film Simon, I like watching those lads it reminds me of my youth except there's not so much violence these days, so to get it from your own fans is unbelievable. Hope you're ok mate

They were also crap at that level let alone the PL
Not for one minute do I think we should have kept all three, but one or maybe two of them on a short term deal. And playing very limited minutes just to see a game out here and there. Take Spuds and Dippers games for example. Bring Whelo on for the last five minutes to put an extra man in midfield, get people organized and rattle a few cages. I guarantee that, had one of them still been at the club, ElGhazi would be getting sent 20 feet into the air with the first tackle in training tomorrow...
I was somewhat relieved when we kept Chester and Elmo, but now Chester is gone and Elmo can't get a game, despite Guilbert doing everything he can to break the club record for stupid yellow cards, needless fouls, and crossing ability that makes Alan Hutton look like the Brazilian Cafu.
Bottom line is we are desperately short of experienced, care-about-the-club, hard-nosed pros. And if we didn't want to, or couldn't, pay the money for new ones in August then one or two should have been kept on...