Southampton v Aston Villa - Match Thread, Sat 22nd February, 3pm | Page 4 | Vital Football

Southampton v Aston Villa - Match Thread, Sat 22nd February, 3pm

Was gonna give my two penneth worth but then remembered I'm not allowed an opinion as I don't go to enough games, so I'll just agree with whoever has the most villa loyalty points on their season card.
Yes please go back to your sofa and pipe down

Looking forward to the trip Saturday , which also happens to be my birthday.

The only drawback is that I am sitting/standing next to Melon Donkey.

Looking forward to the trip Saturday , which also happens to be my birthday.

The only drawback is that I am sitting/standing next to Melon Donkey.
Happy birthday, but that sounds horrendous.
I'm after a better parking spot got gridlocked last time

Just noticed we've officially the worst defensive record in the league now.

Can we please just fucking win this, Hassenhutl just called out to the gods of faith that its difficult for them to play at home. What a great thing it is that we're rolling into town that'll sure change it.

For once can the gods of faith do us a favour and lift this curse of kick starting ever single team and players season. Haven't score all season? Here's Aston
Villa, haven't won at home in months no problem.

We let Billing score his first EPL goal too lad or my favourite was when Diego Forlan scored his first goal against us too after being piss poor for all season.
That bloke up front for Newcastle hasn't scored for 5 years.....you know what's coming....

Yeah, not going to get a calculator out (!) but if we had won a few of the ones I thought were must wins, we'd be where the manager and CEO were claiming we were aiming at the get go, not right by the trapdoor.

I get your point, mine remains, we've had a few games that were, to me, must wins , that we lost.
Plus that favourable start we had didn't realise enough points on the board.

Just looking over on Erods predictor and every single prediction, win draw or lose has us down to score at least one goal.
It would seem its unanimous where our problem lies regardless of the lineup or the formation we play.

I'm convinced that it's tactical. Smith wants to play open, attacking football. That's what PL fans want to see too. However, we should be able to shut up shop when we have a result and we, as a team, don't seem to be able to do that. It's nieve and it has cost us a lot of points this season.

I'm convinced that it's tactical. Smith wants to play open, attacking football. That's what PL fans want to see too. However, we should be able to shut up shop when we have a result and we, as a team, don't seem to be able to do that. It's nieve and it has cost us a lot of points this season.

Been saying this at work, it’s one of the most exciting seasons of entertainment down VP I can remember but I’ll take less entertainment and better results any day.

Been saying this at work, it’s one of the most exciting seasons of entertainment down VP I can remember but I’ll take less entertainment and better results any day.

Would be nice if someone could actually put a good ball into the box at least every now and then and would be nice if our CB's had a clue.

Reina

Konsa Engels Mings

Frederick Luiz Marvellous Hourihane Targett

Super Jack

Samagoal.

Edited your post sirden to save me typing it all out :grinning:

I like the shape, if we’re packing the midfield out we can afford to bring in Hourihane but he needs to put a shift in as some players in the midfield three think they can stroll about.

I can’t see Smith not playing DD though.

Never ever thought I would hear myself say I wish we were a bit like a George Graham Arsenal side, but right now I would take a bit of that.