Southampton-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Southampton-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread

I had just about lost all hope, but I remembered his partnership with Laporte, and hoped he could regain that form. Pep's patience with him has paid off, and now we have FOUR!! defenders we can trust. Now, if we can pull the same trick with our strikers.......
But we don't have four strikers - at the moment, one could make the argument that we don't have any.

But we don't have four strikers - at the moment, one could make the argument that we don't have any.
That has been the case for a couple of years and because we have relied on Aguero there was no need to get more as other positions were in need strengthening but we don’t want just a striker we want a world class young man to grow into the side

That has been the case for a couple of years and because we have relied on Aguero there was no need to get more as other positions were in need strengthening but we don’t want just a striker we want a world class young man to grow into the side
Haaland?

I think we're going to have to put our hands in our pockets one way or another. We are crying out for an out-and-out striker.
I don’t know if Pep is trying to put people off the scent, but he’s said he will not buy a striker in the Jan window.

Anyone decent is still involved in Europe, we won’t buy in January, prices are too high but we have to in the Summer because I have a feeling they won’t offer Sergio a new contract or they would have done it already and with his loyalty to the club they wil” allow him to go without a fee

Just maybe Pep should give Delap a bit more of a gallop late on, see how he goes.
I don't see where the 'maybe' comes in. We do not have any strikers fit and firing, and we are dropping points because of it. Why do we not play Delap? I can't see how it would make the team worse.

I don’t know if Pep is trying to put people off the scent, but he’s said he will not buy a striker in the Jan window.
I wouldn't doubt it. The club seems to have become more austere, or maybe it's just the perception of spending big with the average Joe struggling to make ends meet. I wish he would dip into the Academy before we spend.

I wouldn't doubt it. The club seems to have become more austere, or maybe it's just the perception of spending big with the average Joe struggling to make ends meet. I wish he would dip into the Academy before we spend.
Unless they relax ffp, City will be extra vigilant to stay queaky clean and not give them another chance to have a go