Southampton 0 City CENTURIONS 1 - Stats & Post Match Reaction & Final Day PL Round Up Debate Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Southampton 0 City CENTURIONS 1 - Stats & Post Match Reaction & Final Day PL Round Up Debate Thread

Six years to the day since Agüero scored THAT goal against QPR.

You really couldn’t make this up :wahey:

What is never said when Chelsea last season and Leicester before them both of these Clubs were not involved in European Competitions so City's season was extraordinary and 2 out of 4 was not bad.

:guns:BBC Radio 5Live sports headlines at 6am this morning.....

1. Mo Salah and Liverpool qualifying for the Champions League
  2. Chelsea qualifying for the Europa League
  3. Lewis Hamilton winning the Spanish Grand Prix
:wagging:

Subsequently - and to backing up your point Buzz - City’s season was referred to (dismissed?) as “a while ago they were in the running for 4 trophies but only won 2”.

FFS.

Apart from playing down the 100 point record I immediately thought that never, ever havei previously heard of any team’s success being referred to in this way. Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, the Rags.......have never had their doubles dismissed as “only won two trophies”, they have been lauded for winning a double. After Maureen’s first season it was all about him winning two trophies in his first season, itwas NEVER referred to as “was in the running for four trophies but only secured two”.

Apparently all the back pages are rammed up Mo Salah and Liverpool’s arse :mad:

I can’t help thinking too, that the fact the dippers are still in a competition is also driving their continued blanket coverage in the media.

I can’t help thinking too, that the fact the dippers are still in a competition is also driving their continued blanket coverage in the media.

Unlike when we were the sole team left in the competition and playing Real Madrid when that fact was expunged from the literature by BT.

It has provided the perfect excuse to shove City’s achievements to one side. The majority of media in this country are pants (I refrained from using my original choice of word :censor:)

The deniers efforts are in full flow as they ramp up their work rate to bury the success of Manchester City and the achievement of Pep Guardiola.

Unable to stomach the plain fact that their loud assertion that you could not repeat what he had done at Barcelona and Bayern in English Football and that you cannot play the “Pep way”in the Premier League have been emphatically confounded, they have used the smokescreen provided by Salah’s personal success to bury the collective success of the title winning team and the remarkable record breaking the 100 point barrier.

I am catching up now with MotD.......waiting to see what they say...:hmmm:

More stats courtesy of MotD....

Since Opta records began:-

City have also achieved 1st place in the following categories-

Shot conversion rate 15.9%
Fewest shots faced 236
Possession 71.9%
Passes 28,242
Pass accuracy 89%

Remarkable :bow:

Monday 21st May 10.15pm - “The Centurions” - a programme to be shown on one of the Sky sports channels about our remarkable season.

I bet they were panicking at Sky as our game was entering the final seconds at 0-0! Very nearly messed up that programming didn’t we? :throw:
I can’t find this programme in the tv listings. Does anyone know which station?