Southampton 0 City CENTURIONS 1 - Stats & Post Match Reaction & Final Day PL Round Up Debate Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Southampton 0 City CENTURIONS 1 - Stats & Post Match Reaction & Final Day PL Round Up Debate Thread

Media wide City's stunning achievement is getting little or no coverage. A reminder of how we must build on this opportunity of a dynasty now in order for our achievements to get the recognition they would get were this Liverpool or the rags.

Pep Guardiola to OS:

"What can I say? 100 points - 50 points at home and 50 points away. It's massive.

"100 points in the Premier League - you cannot imagine.

"The record will be broken but it will be difficult. They would have to do many things."

"We had the challenge to break records. We had a target.

"We were lucky in some moments. In the last moment, the quality from Kevin De Bruyne and the moment from Gabriel Jesus was fantastic.

"We have achieved something unique. We broke everything! When we started, it was about trying to play well and improve every day. We found during the process we were winning games. It is magnificent."

"Diaz and Foden - Now, they are Champions.

"It is an English rule that they cannot be Champions if they haven't played five games but this achievement is for the group.

"They deserve to be Champions - they deserve the medal.

"We are going to celebrate with our fans at the parade tomorrow and after that, holidays and I will see the World Cup at home."

The arslikhan of Liverpool continues, however, it will be intriguing to see how they handle their lay off before the European final. Who else agrees that what I thought would be a great opportunity - our 3 weeks off before 3 crucial games proved to be our undoing? We lost momentum.

I can feel another bar being renamed at the Etihad to go alongside the 93:20 lounge :thumbup:

Willy have to check on the Amazon Prime series plus the bumper 2017/18 Season dvd!

Kevin De Bruyne to OS:

"It was a beautiful ending. To get 100 points is unbelievable.

"We tried everything and we had to wait until the last second! It was a very emotional end to the season."

"I saw Gabriel Jesus making a run deep and I tried it (the pass).

"It was all or nothing. When I played the ball, I knew it was behind (the defence). He controlled it well and finished it the way he did. It was beautiful."

(on winning the Premier League Playmaker of the Year award): "It feels good. It means I did a good job.

"I'm a creator - I try and create chances for my teammates. If they score, I get the assist.

"It's beautiful - we broke every record. To have 100 points, I don't think a lot of teams will do that.

"After we became Champions, it was the only thing to play for and it's not that easy. The intensity goes down a little - you party a little bit too much and train less!

"Your focus goes a little bit but we've been unbelievable."

Sky Sports News opening articles....

Liverpool and Salah

Chelsea and Conte

....then the team that broke the points record, the gap record, the number of wins record.

No they start with the team that finished 4th :arrghh:

Manchester City
@mancity

? PREMIER LEAGUE RECORDS BROKEN ?

100 points
32 wins
16 away wins
18 successive wins
106 goals
+79 goal difference
19 points gap to second#CENTURIONS #mancity

ESPN. Sky, BT, BBC all hardly mention us. Incredible. BBC coverage represents a Liverpool fanzine again. If Real beat them how will they cope.

Sky of course had their cameras at Anfield and Newcastle and so have shed loads of interviews etc to draw on. Having relegated our game to coverage that started 5 minutes before kick off and ended 8 minutes after the final whistle they shafted us.

It is a Salah and Liverpool brown nose fest.

I do see that these games were the ones where their might have been some tension but ffs I cannot understand why the top item on the news programme was not our record breaking team. Unbelievable.

Still, the rags aren’t even being mentioned :ROFLMAO:

Manchester City hit 100 points with late Gabriel Jesus winner at Southampton

Ben Fisher for the Guardian at St Mary's

How fitting that Manchester City would finish an extraordinary season with a bang. Gabriel Jesus, a substitute here, hoisted a wonderful dinked effort into the net with only seconds of the Premier League season left after meeting a flighted Kevin De Bruyne ball to earn the champions’ 32nd win of the campaign, attaining a landmark and record-breaking century of points in the process.

Jesus ran to the delirious away supporters, mobbed by his team-mates. For so long, it looked as though City would end the season on something of a bum note but this was a timely reminder that Pep Guardiola’s side are no ordinary team.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...n-manchester-city-premier-league-match-report

Yep even the rags have dropped down the drooling order.

If they deny Pep the manager of the season now it will simply confirm the institutional bias that we have suspected for so long

The record this season is off the scale, it is phenomenal. Whilst the work of Hodgson and Dyche has been excellent surely the surpassing of these latest targets must put Pep in pole position?