South Park Stand 13/01/1990 - Memories | Page 4 | Vital Football

South Park Stand 13/01/1990 - Memories

Pre everything getting revised for H and S does anyone know how the traditional 25k capacity broke down?:

West Bank
Railway End
South Park Seats
South Park Terrace
St. Andrews Seats
St. Andrews Terrace
South East Corner Terrace

Pre everything getting revised for H and S does anyone know how the traditional 25k capacity broke down?:

West Bank
Railway End
South Park Seats
South Park Terrace
St. Andrews Seats
St. Andrews Terrace
South East Corner Terrace

No idea. Interesting to see that the St Andrews stand wasn't parallel to Sincil Bank side.x.jpg

When the ground was at its fullest extent perhaps no figure was ever put on each area of terracing due it being possible to move freely between any part of it.

When the ground was at its fullest extent perhaps no figure was ever put on each area of terracing due it being possible to move freely between any part of it.

Except that different areas had different admission prices -

Stands > Shelter (Railway) > Terraces

I never went near the stands but I think Shelter was 3/- when Terrace was 2/6.

Well, obviously to sit in the stand cost more, but you could move freely from any part of the terraces to any other, whether under cover or not. Back in the mid-1960s, my father used to insist we went on the Sincil Bank terracing, but if it came on to rain we would make our way under cover at the Railway End.

I think that's right. The Stacey West was built in 1990 and open by August of that year, whereas the South Park replacement didn't open till 1992 - a pre-season friendly v a full strength Middlesbrough that we won 5-1.[/QUOTE

Great performance that one.

Remember that game and a few Wednesday fans stood near me on the open side, but only a handful, virtually all Imps fans. It was a backs to the wall second second half and I think Jones scored from just inside their half, great goal sent us home happy!
Still one of my favourite goals.

There must have been a specific capacity for each area of the ground. For all-ticket games the tickets show the area the ticket is for.

There wasn't always free movement around the ground before segregation was introduced due to hooliganism in the 1970s. It was only from around 1971-76 you could move freely.

As someone else pointed out, until at least the mid 1960s it was more expensive to stand under the Railway End shelter. Also in the late 1960s it cost extra for the terracing in front of the St Andrew's Stand. You could transfer but you had to pay a small amount of money (a few pennies). There was a steward at each end who collected the money and gave you a ticket (something like a raffle ticket).

Well, obviously to sit in the stand cost more, but you could move freely from any part of the terraces to any other, whether under cover or not. Back in the mid-1960s, my father used to insist we went on the Sincil Bank terracing, but if it came on to rain we would make our way under cover at the Railway End.

Yes, I seem to remember doing that once or twice.

As someone who started going to games in about 94/95 this thread is fantastic! I love seeing the old pictures and reading people's stories. Keep em coming.
South Park Stand 2 (Resize).jpg
As you wish! A view of the South Park stand taken on 1/1/1990 from the footpath leading up to Sincil Bank from South Park Avenue. Is my memory playing tricks with me but is that the way that coaches used to get to the ground?